Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Snubbed by friend?

I got married about a week and a half ago. We had a very small ceremony with only our families and then a party at our new house afterward for all of our family and friends. Everything went great but there is one thing that has been bugging me. One of my friends that I've known for a very long time (we'll call her Jane) has not acknowledged the invitation to the party or my marriage in any way. Jane and I don't get to see each other often because we have very different schedules and we're busy, but we have always been there for each other for life's milestones. I was asked by a couple of friends at the party where Jane was. I'm hurt and a little angry that I have not heard from Jane. She is not the type of person who would have lost the invitation or forgotten the date. It almost makes me wonder if she didn't get the invite...which would make me feel terrible. However, all the other invitations made it to everyone so I don't know why she wouldn't have received hers.

I want to be clear that I am not upset that she did not come to the party or buy me a gift. I'm hurt that I have not heard one peep from her acknowledging the fact that I got married.

Is it too soon for me to be feeling hurt by her perceived snub? I'm also not sure how to react when I see her in the future. I would never confront her about it but I think it will definitely change our relationship.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards