New Jersey - South
Options

Looking to have a very inexpensive wedding in New Jersey

Hi, so I've been doing research desperately trying to book a quick, cheap, simple wedding. I'm sure it's not even possible but looking to spend less than $50 a person. A buffet and either like a farm , or a garden or even like an old Victorian property or something classic and simple. Looking to do something in the fall. I know, super short notice but we're also in the process of buying a house and have no financial help towards the wedding. I GUESS we shouldn't have a wedding but I kind of want something.

Re: Looking to have a very inexpensive wedding in New Jersey

• Options

Not knowing exactly what area you are in, try Maggianos in Cherry Hill.  They can do family style service, which should be cheaper.  Also, think about doing a lunch or brunch wedding, they will be much more budget friendly.  Also, look into the Moorestown Community Center, I believe they have an area for garden ceremonies.  Any restaurant that has a private room that could accommodate your group might work too so don't forget to look into restaurants.  I think that Wedgewood County Club in Sewell might also have packages in your price range.

A wedding is an event where two people get married, so whenever it is that you and FI get married - that's you wedding.  The reception that must follow a wedding ceremony can be anything from simple cake and punch to a full 5 hour blow out.  Any one invited to the ceremony must be invited to the reception.  A reception is a thank you to your guests for witnessing your ceremony.

For your reception, you just need to host your guests for the time of day it is.  So if you have a ceremony at 2 PM, you can then host a cake & punch reception from 2:30 to 5.  Or do an evening ceremony at 8 PM and you can then host a dessert reception from 8:30 to ?.  As long as your reception doesn't fall over a meal time, you can get away with not serving a full meal.  You can still have a DJ with dancing.

• Options
    Thank you ! That was very helpful
  • Options
    The women's civic center of stone harbor is pretty awesome, that's where we got married! Right next to the beach! Just be prepared to handle everything aspect, as it does not come with an event coordinator :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards