Wedding Woes
Options

Longest.week.ever

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2015 in Wedding Woes
It's just plodding along.  We're 90% packed and here I sit surrounded by all.the.things going with us.  

DefConn had a hard day yesterday.  IDK if he was just having trouble being 4 or if something was bothering him.  We got home and he went up and got in bed.  He came down a little bit later to watch TV and have a snack and then went outside.  But he was up at 11pm feeling a little warm and said his head hurt.  I have him some ibuprofen and he woke up fine this morning. So IDK...Kids are weird. 

I need to look at Prime Day stuff. It seems really overwhelming.  So instead I'm sitting here staring at my computer screen and thinking about being on the beach with a beer.  I am trying to will myself to work...it's not going so well. 

Re: Longest.week.ever

• Options
    Today is DD2's birthday.  I felt some feels earlier about her no longer being a toddler (even though she really hasn't been a toddler for quite some time).  Her milestones seem extra hard because she's the youngest.

I have a lot to get done to get ready for her party on Sunday.  I kept putting everything off and now I need to get my butt in gear.
  • Options
    Aww!  HBD to miniTaw2.0.  :)  
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    Yes, @tawillers Happy Birthday to the little one.  She's not so little anymore...sad.

I thought yesterday was Wednesday, WTF.  *sigh* 

I have committed myself to working a few long days to get a project completed.  The customer wanted pricing last week I'm sure, and I'll be hard pressed to get her pricing by Friday, but I want to because that is my goal.  And still I'm on TK. 

Also, I'm excited that friend is coming to visit this weekend, bringing her 1 y.o. daughter and 2 pups.  FULL HOUSE OF CRAZINESS but I'm still excited.
  • Options
    @Taw - Happy birthday to your youngest - how old is she now? 

Work has been rough this week - feel like it should be Friday with everything going on. 

I'm jealous of you guys that are going on vacation in the next couple of weeks. Wish I could go somewhere for a few days/long weekend and just relax. I have a bigger project that I'm doing this month, so I probably shouldn't take any vacation days until August, although I'm a little tempted to take the 23rd or 27th off just to get a 4 day weekend. We have a few family long weekend trips planned before the end of the year (Philly - October, St. Louis - December), and one in Feb (Florida and the Bahamas), but nothing booked yet. I'd like to do a beach weekend in TX - but I think the puppy needs to be at least 3 months before we can board her. Maybe we can book something last minute in August. 
  • Options
    Happy birthday to taw2!
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    @Taw - Happy birthday to your youngest - how old is she now? 

She's 4.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Happy 4!!! 

Spent the morning at a nice park learning about luna moths and exploring. 

My nose is still throbbing from 6let hitting it Monday night. 

I shouldn't be stalking Amazon, but I am.  I got the gift card deal, baby wipes, a ninjago alarm clock, and a circuit maker.  I really wanted some of the gears though.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@mrs.conn23 I opened the Pringles last night.  I need to get a new can.

I also gassed up the van. The most we'll drive in the next two days is 10 miles.

• Options
    Agreed, this week is taking forever.

2 weeks ago, I e-mailed everyone and said, "Hey, I need work!"  
    *crickets*
    I'm going to e-mail them again at the end of the week when 2 projects that I'm waiting for 1-2 things should be finished up.
    I loathe being at work with nothing to do.

• Options
    I need to go buy beer tonight, along with a few other things.  I guess alcohol is really expensive and you have to go to ABC stores to buy it out there.  So, we'll just import it from IN.  ;) 

I ate a whole thing of Mike N Ikes between yesterday and today. We still have plenty of candy. 

I really hope I can get some sleep tonight.  I've had interrupted sleep for several nights now and I'm draaaggging. 

• Options
    I need to go buy beer tonight, along with a few other things.  I guess alcohol is really expensive and you have to go to ABC stores to buy it out there.  So, we'll just import it from IN.  ;)  

What is that?  B/c I don't think it's "All But Chardonnay" like I'm thinking.  :D
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

What is that?  B/c I don't think it's "All But Chardonnay" like I'm thinking.  :D
    Alcoholic Beverage Control 

Gov't run joints.  :) 

• Options
    VarunaTT said:

Alcoholic Beverage Control 

Gov't run joints.  :) 

You can buy beer and wine wherever (grocery stores, Target, etc.), hard liquor is ABC only.

I learned this the hard way when I found out I couldn't buy gin at the grocery store along with my tonic and limes.
  • Options
    Well, there are some things about Missouri that don't suck, I guess.

Our only limitation is that if the place selling liquor is within a certain range of a church, it can't sell anything about...8% ABV, I think.  And we can buy on Sunday, but there are limited hours that I don't recall anymore.
  • Options
    PA had state stores (liquor and wine), and beer distributors. You could also buy wine at some vineyards. State stores were closed on Sundays until ~10-15 years ago when they started offering limited hours (12-5). Nothing at Target/grocery/etc. I believe they have gotten a little less stringent in the last 5 or so years - some grocery stores are starting to sell (highly regulated) wine. 

TX - you can get beer/wine at grocery stores/Target/etc., but you still need to go to specific stores for liquor. (there's a really nice one about a mile from our house, so no concern, there.) They do have limited hours on Sunday, which is a pain in the ass if you stop for groceries on a Sunday morning and have to put back your wine because it's before noon when you check out. 
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:

TX - you can get beer/wine at grocery stores/Target/etc., but you still need to go to specific stores for liquor. (there's a really nice one about a mile from our house, so no concern, there.) They do have limited hours on Sunday, which is a pain in the ass if you stop for groceries on a Sunday morning and have to put back your wine because it's before noon when you check out. 
    Ha, for you Midwest peeps, my very first job evar was bagging groceries at Jewel.  You would not believe how many people would loiter around the checkouts because they finished their shopping at 11:53 a.m. on a Sunday and had to wait 'til noon to have their liquor rung up.  (I think they've since repealed that law, but I'm not sure.)

Our Trader Joe's won't sell beer/wine before noon on Sunday.
  • Options
    IDK if IL repealed the noon law or not.  Ahhh Jewel, that's a throwback.

I was at the store buying my final bit of stuff for vacation, including 2 cases of Miller, two 12-packs of craft, and bottle of wine.  I was at self-checkout and one of the cashiers was lurking because she thought I was over the limit (yes, there's a per transaction limit on how much alcohol you can buy...They have signs up all over Costco when I go, reminding people of how much they can buy).
  • Options

I was at the store buying my final bit of stuff for vacation, including 2 cases of Miller, two 12-packs of craft, and bottle of wine.  I was at self-checkout and one of the cashiers was lurking because she thought I was over the limit (yes, there's a per transaction limit on how much alcohol you can buy...They have signs up all over Costco when I go, reminding people of how much they can buy).
    that doesn't really sound like very much - especially if someone was having a party/event. 
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:

that doesn't really sound like very much - especially if someone was having a party/event. 
    I know.  It was weird.  And also, if it's that big of a deal...Have the limits posted in the liquor section. Most stores do not. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards