Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Gratuity/tipping

Hi, can anyone tell me what the rules are for tipping in Vegas...as I understand the rules have changed and can no longer be added automatically to restaurant bills. I have a dinner booked for 24 people and I am being told an automatic 18% gratuity is being added.

Re: Gratuity/tipping

• Options
    Generally restaurants add an automatic gratuity for groups above a certain size (usually 6 or more). Exact numbers and policies vary from place to place.
  • Options
    I haven't heard anything to suggest it's not permitted to add it onto a bill; that would be surprising since it's pretty commonplace anywhere to add the gratuity for larger parties.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Larger parties is pretty standard in North America, not just Vegas. It's because of the additional work and stress to make sure everything comes out at the same time (and comes out right). Some choose to tip in addition to the built-in percentage (usually around 18%, sometimes as low as 6% if you're not in Vegas). 

Check with the staff/managers to make sure the staff still receive that gratuity or not, otherwise be prepared to still tip on top.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards