Options

TMZ is Reporting...

13»

Re: TMZ is Reporting...

• Options
    teddygirl9teddygirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    I don't think I could cancel out TV.  I like being able to PVR and watch when I want.  I could live stream most of our shows too, but they drop them after a couple of weeks for the newer ones, and we'd end up falling behind.  

DH downloads stuff we want, and my Brother gave us access to his Netflix, but we have yet to watch anything on it cos every time we go look for something specific we want to watch, Netflix doesn't have it.  We're not impressed with it so far.  (I think Canadian Netflix is different in terms of content for the American one though)

Canadian is different, but you can access the american one if you have a VPN. We switch back and forth between Canadian and American depending on what I want to watch. For example, there are certain shows on canadian netflix that have multiple seasons, while the American version only has the first season. I think the American one has much more in general though.

My current favourite is PLL. I dont get the channel its on, so I'm just watching Season 5 now.

I also dont get TLC, so I never watched the duggars. Honestly, they just creep me out haha.

• Options
    banana468 said:
    It was about time that they cancelled.  I'll admit I saw it from time to time but man were they creepy.   

And we got rid of cable a year ago and our ISP just started blocking channels about 2 months ago.   We have Netflix and an antenna and watch sports on basic networks.   It's not fantastic but we lost YES a year ago (the reason we cancelled cable in the first place) and just can't rationalize the huge monthly cost even though I miss my boys in pinstripes. 
    YES was the only reason we got cable in the first place. When I was doing consulting work, I watched every single day game and most of the night games (I try to avoid games broadcast on FOX or ESPN, I'd rather listen to Sterling than those other morons). It was magical.
    I miss having YES. I tried to convince H a couple of months ago that we need cable back solely so I could watch the Yankees and he shut it down. Luckily he's pretty computer savvy and can always find the games streaming somewhere on the internet.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    It was about time that they cancelled.  I'll admit I saw it from time to time but man were they creepy.   

And we got rid of cable a year ago and our ISP just started blocking channels about 2 months ago.   We have Netflix and an antenna and watch sports on basic networks.   It's not fantastic but we lost YES a year ago (the reason we cancelled cable in the first place) and just can't rationalize the huge monthly cost even though I miss my boys in pinstripes. 
    YES was the only reason we got cable in the first place. When I was doing consulting work, I watched every single day game and most of the night games (I try to avoid games broadcast on FOX or ESPN, I'd rather listen to Sterling than those other morons). It was magical.
    I miss having YES. I tried to convince H a couple of months ago that we need cable back solely so I could watch the Yankees and he shut it down. Luckily he's pretty computer savvy and can always find the games streaming somewhere on the internet.
    I really miss the sound of Michael Kay's voice filling my family room on summer nights.   The only way we'll get YES now is to either go to satellite (and I live in the middle of the effing woods) or to go to U-Verse which is not effing happening.   And the thing that sucked is that when the cable company took away YES we still had NESN.   And if you're a Yankees fan, there are few things more annoying than listening to the game broadcast with the NESN announcers doing the commentary - except maybe Joe Buck. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

I really miss the sound of Michael Kay's voice filling my family room on summer nights.   The only way we'll get YES now is to either go to satellite (and I live in the middle of the effing woods) or to go to U-Verse which is not effing happening.   And the thing that sucked is that when the cable company took away YES we still had NESN.   And if you're a Yankees fan, there are few things more annoying than listening to the game broadcast with the NESN announcers doing the commentary - except maybe Joe Buck. 
    Joe Buck is the WORST. For anything. I hate him so, so much.
    Very much this. Luckily I only have to deal with him on national games. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Wow, does this mean that your "wire from the wall" cable still worked for a while?  Like I said, we've never had the cable boxes.  Even so, the asshole cable installer made me pay for every room with a jack, even if they were already wired!  So I would looooove to get one over on them now!

DH informed me that the Netflix he signed up for only allows 1 screen or something.  The couple times I tried to watch Bridezillas on Netflix, it definitely didn't go automatically to the next episode, so maybe that depends on the device you are watching on.  I have a Google tv, with a very obnoxious remote.  DH got a Chromecast for the basement tv, but I guess you have to stream it on your phone or tablet and then it just shows up on the tv through the Chromecast, which is not what I thought it was.

To answer some other people, what you are not understanding is that I'm talking about the only show I religiously watched.  Cable is hardly worth $70+ a month to me if it's not coming back.  I don't imagine TLC or TimeWarner are going to be seriously harmed by my cancellation.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I never kept up with the show but sometimes I just got sucked in and couldn't stop watching. In those moments, I enjoyed it. However, I am so glad it was cancelled as it should be.

On the topic of cancelling cable, no way. I like TV a lot and have a lot of shows I keep up with. We can't watch Netflix at our house because we don't have Internet right now.

• Options

banana468 said:

banana468 said:

Joe Buck is the WORST. For anything. I hate him so, so much.

You know you're awful when everyone has a terrible nickname for you...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Call me a killjoy but I totally judge people that watch this show and similar. I just don't get the fascination with watching a show that just follows people around. If there's a point like its a contest or if it's educational in some way, sure. I've tried to watch Duck Dynasty (before their own scandal) and jersey shore and I just don't get the appeal. I'm not above trash tv, I just find that type of show incredibly boring. The Amish shows are the closest to being interesting but even then, knowing they're staged I just can't get into it. It's lazy, low cost production that is somehow a big enough cash crop that tlc and the like have totally reinvented themselves to revolve around it.

All the worse if it's a bunch of creepy molester apologists. I know a lot of very big, religious families and the Duggars still have always made me want to yak. Protesting their cancellation "on principle" makes it sound like you think this is unfair in some way and that's fucked up. Maybe tlc should consider stopping doing these reality shows of ultra conservative families they'd stop having to cover their asses.

I started to watch supernatural on Netflix today. I thought it would be shitty but it's sucking me in. That will keep me busy for a while. We have prime and we share it with H's parents, and they share Netflix with us.

I have and could easily go without cable. I pretty much only watch adult swim, but h is convinced we need it.
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    Call me a killjoy but I totally judge people that watch this show and similar. I just don't get the fascination with watching a show that just follows people around. If there's a point like its a contest or if it's educational in some way, sure. I've tried to watch Duck Dynasty (before their own scandal) and jersey shore and I just don't get the appeal. I'm not above trash tv, I just find that type of show incredibly boring. The Amish shows are the closest to being interesting but even then, knowing they're staged I just can't get into it. It's lazy, low cost production that is somehow a big enough cash crop that tlc and the like have totally reinvented themselves to revolve around it. All the worse if it's a bunch of creepy molester apologists. I know a lot of very big, religious families and the Duggars still have always made me want to yak. Protesting their cancellation "on principle" makes it sound like you think this is unfair in some way and that's fucked up. Maybe tlc should consider stopping doing these reality shows of ultra conservative families they'd stop having to cover their asses. I started to watch supernatural on Netflix today. I thought it would be shitty but it's sucking me in. That will keep me busy for a while. We have prime and we share it with H's parents, and they share Netflix with us. I have and could easily go without cable. I pretty much only watch adult swim, but h is convinced we need it.
    YES.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    FiancB Welcome to your new addiction. 

Supernatural's going on its 11th season and for good reason. I adore that show, but if I binge-watch old episodes I end up with really crazy nightmares. Fair warning, lol. 

• Options

Supernatural's going on its 11th season and for good reason. I adore that show, but if I binge-watch old episodes I end up with really crazy nightmares. Fair warning, lol. 
    I binge watched on Netflix too. I am almost caught up with the current season. I am watching them when they come on Hulu right now. One. at. a. time. It's torture.

• Options

Omg me too. Love the show. But CRAZY dreams. I had to give myself a self-imposed rule of not watching within 2 hours of bedtime.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards