Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!

Instead of just focusing on the wedding recap, go further and recall your engagement day/evening!  Favorite moment/pictures from your engagement?

TOTALLY clueless, we went on a "birthday" cruise in a special boat for friends/family for my birthday weekend (I thought they pulled strings b/c my SIL and good friend work at Dland) - this was about 5 minutes before he popped the question!

He asked on the boat (it's all recorded and on YouTube! ;)) and this was right after deboarding :)

The banner which my SIL and "niece" created - which I didn't see when the boat went around the bend, b/c I was still too focused on the princess pillow and the ring attached to it..but here's what it looked like after the factor. :)

Some of our friends and a bit of his family who joined us for the day - and who ALL were in on the surprise, except for me. :) Great job, honey! A birthday to remember!

Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!

• cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    H and I were long distance from Dallas to California while he went to film school, and he was moving back to Dallas last December. I flew out to help pack him up and make the loooong drive back. The day before we left we went to Disneyland for one last time (his favorite place). He was acting weird, but I thought it was because he was really sad about moving out of California not having a job lined up, and the whole thing truly was really stressful for him.
    He said he wanted to sit for a caricature that night, and by then some of his friends had joined up with us. We sat for the picture, and when they were 'done' they showed us, and it looked great. They said they would frame it and we could pick it up in half an hour. Well, during that half an hour they added him holding a ring box at the bottom and a 'Will you Marry me' bubble. We went to watch the fireworks and him and his friend went back to pick it up while I waited with the friend's wife. When he came back he told me to check out how good it came out, and then I saw it and he was down on one knee!
    I thought he would propose soon after he came back to Texas, but with everything going on that weekend I didn't expect it at all!
    And early the next morning we started our drive back to Texas, and 7 months later we were married!

• Ooooh..that IS a fairytale! :) I love love love it!! :) Do you have your cariacture hanging up in your house?
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    H and I had both been up in my home town (5 hours away), visiting my family for a week. He took the bus back early, on Wednesday night, because on Friday he had a tour for an accounting company that he wants to work for when he graduates. I drove down on Friday and arrived at his house around 9pm. He let me in the back door and I stood inside the kitchen, which was spotlessly clean. He was dressed up, but I was expecting that, because he had been visiting that company. He had me wait in the kitchen for a few minutes, and then brought a blindfold for me to wear. 

He led me into the living room, and when I removed the blindfold, I saw a table with a bottle of wine and two glasses, and a wooden platter covered in tiger lilies (which I had been obsessing about for the past few months!) Under the flowers, there was a ring box. He told me to open it, so I did, but it was empty! Then I turned around, and he was down on one knee holding a vegan chocolate cake that he'd made himself. With icing, he'd written "Marry me?" with two boxes underneath labeled "yes" and "yes" (I really couldn't say no!) I said "yes," then he put the ring on my finger and led me into the kitchen to "make things official." He gave me a little ziplock bag with red frosting in it to squeeze check marks into the "yes" boxes on the cake! This was followed by a blur of wine, tears, photos, and barely comprehensible phone calls to family.

(This photo was posed after the fact!)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_pre-marital-recap-engaged-in-the-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:d54662a5-1679-4e92-a833-4ebda10f8157Post:1dc28c15-4c7d-44a8-a226-299da8590654">Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I had both been up in my home town (5 hours away), visiting my family for a week. He took the bus back early, on Wednesday night, because on Friday he had a tour for an accounting company that he wants to work for when he graduates. I drove down on Friday and arrived at his house around 9pm. He let me in the back door and I stood inside the kitchen, which was spotlessly clean. He was dressed up, but I was expecting that, because he had been visiting that company. He had me wait in the kitchen for a few minutes, and then brought a blindfold for me to wear.  He led me into the living room, and when I removed the blindfold, I saw a table with a bottle of wine and two glasses, and a wooden platter covered in tiger lilies (which I had been obsessing about for the past few months!) Under the flowers, there was a ring box. He told me to open it, so I did, but it was empty! Then I turned around, and he was down on one knee holding a vegan chocolate cake that he'd made himself. With icing, he'd written "Marry me?" with two boxes underneath labeled "yes" and "yes" (I really couldn't say no!) I said "yes," then he put the ring on my finger and led me into the kitchen to "make things official." He gave me a little ziplock bag with red frosting in it to squeeze check marks into the "yes" boxes on the cake! This was followed by a blur of wine, tears, photos, and barely comprehensible phone calls to family. (This photo was posed after the fact!)
    Posted by kipnus[/QUOTE]

Awwwwwwwwww! I love it!! Totally romantic!
  • Ours was a Disneyland trip too.

I'm from CA so we planned a 6 day trip there, where we stayed with my grandma, visited friends, etc. We had 3 day park hopper tickets to Disneyland, and went all 3 days. In between trips to and from, we went to Huntington Beach, where I'm from. FI kept saying lets go to the end of the pier, the first time I said it was too cold. The second time, my daughter had gotten her jeans soaked in the ocean and I didn't want to make her keep walking around in went jeans, so, we skipped it. We were at Disneyland on our last night, leaving the park and waiting for the tram to take us back to the parking garage. My daughter reached into FI's cargo shorts pocket to grab his phone so she could play angry birds and discovered the ring. She knew what it was and was SO excited (she's 6), he then took it out and asked me. It was the perfect ending to our trip.

Little did I know, all of those attempts to ask me on the pier I messed up. He had carried the ring around our whole trip waiting for the perfect moment. Ooops! :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_pre-marital-recap-engaged-in-the-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:d54662a5-1679-4e92-a833-4ebda10f8157Post:fe6df120-7424-4c8f-a503-c12bbb651e01">Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours was a Disneyland trip too. I'm from CA so we planned a 6 day trip there, where we stayed with my grandma, visited friends, etc. We had 3 day park hopper tickets to Disneyland, and went all 3 days. In between trips to and from, we went to Huntington Beach, where I'm from. FI kept saying lets go to the end of the pier, the first time I said it was too cold. The second time, my daughter had gotten her jeans soaked in the ocean and I didn't want to make her keep walking around in went jeans, so, we skipped it. We were at Disneyland on our last night, leaving the park and waiting for the tram to take us back to the parking garage. My daughter reached into FI's cargo shorts pocket to grab his phone so she could play angry birds and discovered the ring. She knew what it was and was SO excited (she's 6), he then took it out and asked me. It was the perfect ending to our trip. Little did I know, all of those attempts to ask me on the pier I messed up. He had carried the ring around our whole trip waiting for the perfect moment. Ooops! :)
    Posted by TiffanyT816[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's awesome! H carried the ring around Disneyland for 12 hours. He refused to ride any large rides (which is so unlike him) because he didn't want to put his bag down or be carrying it on a ride. He also kept having to go to the bathroom (which I found out later to check on the ring), so I was totally convinved he was uh, having stomach problems.</div><div>So now I know my beautiful ring was out and about all the public bathrooms in Disneyland that day.

</div>
  • Ours happened last Christmas Day.  I'd gone to his parents' house for lunch with him and earlier that morning he'd said something about me not being his girlfriend for much longer.  I'd already seen the ring so I thought he may propose.  We ate lunch and opened presents and he joked about a small one in the tree and what could be in it.  Imagine my disappointment when it wasn't a ring.  After that I basically stopped thinking he was going to propose that day.

We ended up eating ourselves into a food coma so after a nap we needed something to do.  He had an idea of driving me all over his hometown and showing me where he grew up.  After a while we pulled up to a little pond with a track around it and a dock for fishing.  There was also a huge Christmas tree.  We hopped out to see if it was real, which it wasn't, and ended up on the dock.  He pointed to the water and asked if I just saw a fish move.  It was dark, so nope.  I was facing the water when I said how it was sad Christmas was almost over.

He replied saying how it wasn't over yet and I still had one present left.  I turned around and he was getting down on one knee and pulling the box with the ring out of his pocket.  It turns out he'd asked my dad the day before while he was at my house.  Ignore the picture quality it was taken on a cellphone.

Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_pre-marital-recap-engaged-in-the-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:d54662a5-1679-4e92-a833-4ebda10f8157Post:55983c15-83df-4a50-9605-0767291bfed7">Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment! : That's awesome! H carried the ring around Disneyland for 12 hours. He refused to ride any large rides (which is so unlike him) because he didn't want to put his bag down or be carrying it on a ride. He also kept having to go to the bathroom (which I found out later to check on the ring), so I was totally convinved he was uh, having stomach problems. So now I know my beautiful ring was out and about all the public bathrooms in Disneyland that day.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Aw love it! My FI wore cargo shorts the whole trip (CA in March compared to WA in March is a HUGE climate difference), and a few times he said he's surprised I didn't see the ring box in his pocket. He said he was going to do it on Splash Mountain as we went down the drop so we had a picture, but he's a HUGE chicken for rides - he freaked out! Our pic was pretty funny, and I would have loved to seen a pic of it happening on that ride, but it is what it is and it actually worked out great :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_pre-marital-recap-engaged-in-the-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:d54662a5-1679-4e92-a833-4ebda10f8157Post:c75793b1-005c-4f88-8640-9753bbb2ceca">Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I were boring.  We'd been talking for a long time about getting married, and finally one day, shortly after a few other friends got engaged, I got kind of sick of it being just talk.  Of course, I came to this realization while at work, and instead of just thinking about it and discussing more seriously in person when I got home, I decided to e-mail him.  I believe my exact words were something along the line of "Would you be amenable to the idea of being engaged?"  Here's the problem when you propose via e-mail - you don't get an answer right away.  I waited two hours, during which I convinced myself that he'd say it wasn't the right time, only to get an e-mail back where he blathered on about other things for a few paragraphs before saying he'd love to get married.  We went out a few days later to buy a ring, and a year later got married.
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

I seriously love this story!!!
  • What a great post and beautiful proposals!

H and I along with his parents and brother took an evening trip to Niagara Falls, Canada. DH's parents were visiting from Florida and enjoy seeing the Falls everytime they come to Canada. We started our walk along the Clifton Hill strip, visiting souvenir shops...acting like typical tourists . Once we arrived closer to the falls we started to walk along the pathway and admire the colour of the lights that illuminated the beauty of this attraction. H's parents and brother went in a different direction while we continued to walk along the pathway.

H then started to talk to me about how long we have known each other for (11 years). His first impression of me when we met was "nerd" haha. I looked out again at the falls and heard D say "honey", I turned around and saw him on one knee with a ring in a box. "will you marry me?" he asked. With a wide smile I said "Yes! Yes, I accept your proposal!"

Upon reaching for my finger to put the ring on, H quickly realized he was reaching for the right finger but on the wrong hand! I guess he was nervous or something. We hugged, smiled, laughed and couldn't wait to share the good news that it is now official!!

• We had bought the ring together but he wanted to "propose" so he hid it away in the house for a few months.

On my birthday, he tried to convince me to drive into Boston and go on a horse-drawn carriage ride.... I immediately knew what he was up to, and refused. For some crazy reason I didn't want to get engaged on my birthday- even though I'd been begging him to go on the carriage ride. 

A few weeks later we went with friends to a small amusement park called Canobie Lake. When we were in line to get lunch, DH reached into his pocket to get his wallet and the ring fell out - he had put it in an envelope for safe keeping, then gone on a water ride which ruined the envelope. I pointed out he had dropped something as he scrambled to grab it before I saw- but too late. I started babbling nervously about what he might be planning. He didn't do anything through the whole lunch hour. 

Finally when everyone was done eating, he took me out to the splash zone of the log ride. He waited until the log was just about to reach the bottom, then quick got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Before I could say anything a huge wave of water splashed over me. I had to dry my eyes and face before I could say yes!

One of our friends had a camera, but she either didn't take pictures or didn't send the pictures to us. So there's no pictures, unfortunately. 
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    Awww all these stories are making me a little teary! They're all so nice!

H and I got engaged during a trip Jamaica around our 3 year anniversary. He told me afterwards he so anxious the whole time when we were going through security with the ring and was prepared, if needed to, to propose right there in the airport should he for some reason get questioned about the ring.

His original plan was to schedule a nice day for us, with a massage in a beach side cabana and then have a dinner on the beach, where he would propose. But during the course of the first day, I apparently ruined his plan. On a walk through the resort, I saw the cabanas where the massages were held and commented how not private they were and that I would be uncomfortable getting a massage there. Then later that day I saw a sign on the resort advertising their dinner on the beach, along with the price tag that went with it, and commented how expensive it was and that it seemed to be a rip-off. So he nixed that plan all together and decided to ask me on the first night that we there. 

We had our first dinner on the resort, and then watched the nightly show. Afterwards he asked if I wanted to take a walk on the beach and while walking, we found some of their platform sun beds. We decided to climb up there to look at the stars (this took some coaxing, the structure didn't look all that sturdy). Once up there for a little bit he starts talking about how he liked to do this forever. He says something about his wallet feeling uncomfortable and partially gets up to take stuff out of his pocket. He pulls out the ring and opens the box. He said some other stuff in addition to "Will you marry me?" but I forget exactly what it was because I was mesmerized by the shiny ring in front of me. 

We took this picture later in the week of me posing in front of the sun bed platform where he popped the question. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • H and I went camping over a holiday weekend, in a National Park a couple of hours from our home in Brisbane, Australia.

The weather was TERRIBLE - it was freezing and wet - but we went anyway!

On the second day, after cooking breakfast we went for a bushwalk that took us to a river and some rockpools where there are platypus living. I had never seen a platypus in the wild and really wanted to, so H told me to sit on a rock overhanging the pool and be really silent so they would come out. 

I did, and I was concentrating so hard that I didn't pay much attention to H wandering off behind me. He came back a couple of minutes later saying "Hey, look what I found back in the bush there" or something like that. It was a little white cardboard box. 

I opened the box, and inside was another box, handcarved from red wood. H took that box out, and got down on one knee, and gave a beautiful little speech about how all the happiest times in his life have been with me, and then asked me to marry him.

I cried and then laughed and then did a silly dance. Because we were miles away from anywhere, we couldn't tell anyone so we had a magical day, just the two of us, to enjoy it. We called everyone on the drive home the next day. 

Here is us just after he proposed:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_pre-marital-recap-engaged-in-the-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:d54662a5-1679-4e92-a833-4ebda10f8157Post:c75793b1-005c-4f88-8640-9753bbb2ceca">Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I were boring.  We'd been talking for a long time about getting married, and finally one day, shortly after a few other friends got engaged, I got kind of sick of it being just talk.  Of course, I came to this realization while at work, and instead of just thinking about it and discussing more seriously in person when I got home, I decided to e-mail him.  I believe my exact words were something along the line of "Would you be amenable to the idea of being engaged?"  Here's the problem when you propose via e-mail - you don't get an answer right away.  I waited two hours, during which I convinced myself that he'd say it wasn't the right time, only to get an e-mail back where he blathered on about other things for a few paragraphs before saying he'd love to get married.  We went out a few days later to buy a ring, and a year later got married.
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

<div>I love that this makes me feel not alone! </div><div>
    </div><div>DH and I were sitting around the house one weekend last year and even though we'd discussed the possibility of marriage a lot (before we were even dating he was telling people I was the girl he was going to marry), but I was getting sick of waiting, so I finally asked him! Everyone tells me it's so un-romantic and blah blah blah, but sometimes when you want something done you just have to go for it!</div><div>
    </div><div>Later he admitted the only reason he'd been putting it off is because he didn't have enough money saved up to get a ring yet...like that even matters.</div>
  • My DH and I actually fought for a while about getting married.  I was antsy about it since we had talked about it many times within the first year of our relationship but then I got sick, we had finanical problems, blah blah and the next thing we know, we've been together for over 4 years.  He kept telling me he wasn't ready, wasn't sure if he wanted to even get married.  Meanwhile, he was ring shopping.  So I got to a place where I just accepted that we wouldn't get married, and that I loved him more than the idea of being married ot him. 

Then we went on vacation to Yellowstone.  We were both super pumped to be going (for different reasons, he already bought a ring, asked my parents blessing, stashed the ring and I never had a freakin clue!), and we were having a blast.  I mentioned that I wanted to hike Mt. Washburn, and he said he did too, and wanted to do it so we could see the sunrise over the park, which sounded cool.

So he got me up at 3:30am and we hiked to the top just as the sun came up.  As promised, it was beautiful.  But it was super cold and blowing like 45mph, so we went in the observation tower where I was trying to figure out what to write in the guestbook, when he told me to put it down.  He sounded mad, and I kept thinking, "aw, man! What's his problem?!  This is a beautiful moment and he's mad?!".  Then he dropped to one knee and pulled the ring out of his backpack and asked me to be his wife.  Turns out he didn't want to propose until he could buy me a sparkly ring and plan an "epic" proposal,  even though I kept telling him that I didn't even care about a proposal, I just wanted to be married to him.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I love reading all of these stories!

Mine wasn't really a surprise. We had gone ring shopping together and found the one I absolutely love, but he wanted it to be a surprise so he didn't buy it then and there. A few days later we went back to Zales and they were having a really good sale on it, so in order to take advantage of that he bought it with me there. He wanted to propose and I wanted to wear the gorgeous sparkler, but he wanted to surprise me.

We are long distance, so a few weeks later he came up for a visit and I KNEW he was going to propose that weekend. He told me that my mom had told him of a park that he wanted to check out. Gee...I wonder why. Lol. I took him to a pretty historical site with a log chapel and hoped he would ask me there, but he didn't So we went to the park and he took me up on the covered bridge by some willow trees overlooking a pond. It's one of my favorite spots and my mom had told him that. It was February so it was really cold and he had his arms around me to keep me warm. He pulled away to get something out of his pocket and when I turned around he was on one knee and visibly nervous! He asked me to make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife and of course I accepted. He is so sweet and good to me. I love him so much. I would have said yes in any situation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_pre-marital-recap-engaged-in-the-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:d54662a5-1679-4e92-a833-4ebda10f8157Post:9505a87a-d391-4598-b9d4-d7985c5fe65a">Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours happened last Christmas Day.  I'd gone to his parents' house for lunch with him and earlier that morning he'd said something about me not being his girlfriend for much longer.  I'd already seen the ring so I thought he may propose.  We ate lunch and opened presents and he joked about a small one in the tree and what could be in it.  Imagine my disappointment when it wasn't a ring.  After that I basically stopped thinking he was going to propose that day. We ended up eating ourselves into a food coma so after a nap we needed something to do.  He had an idea of driving me all over his hometown and showing me where he grew up.  After a while we pulled up to a little pond with a track around it and a dock for fishing.  There was also a huge Christmas tree.  We hopped out to see if it was real, which it wasn't, and ended up on the dock.  He pointed to the water and asked if I just saw a fish move.  It was dark, so nope.  I was facing the water when I said how it was sad Christmas was almost over. He replied saying how it wasn't over yet and I still had one present left.  I turned around and he was getting down on one knee and pulling the box with the ring out of his pocket.  It turns out he'd asked my dad the day before while he was at my house.  Ignore the picture quality it was taken on a cellphone.
    Posted by Annas2013[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aw, I love Christmas proposals! How special!

</div>
  • Your stories are so great!

My favorite moment from my proposal?  I have two.  First, the memory I have that will never go away is his face as he knelt in front of me.  He was so happy and excited!  It was absolutely clear that this is the perfect guy.  

The other favorite is how he told my mom.  My mom is the wedding coordinator for my church, and hardcore loves weddings.  And us.  And us involved in a wedding.  The night before he proposed, we were over at my parents' place watching the presidential debate.  He got the shipping notification telling him that the ring would arrive the next day.  So, he texted my mom (with me right next to him!) saying, "The proposal is going down tomorrow.  Try and keep a straight face right now."  She apparently silently put a hand over her mouth, then typed back, "F you."  That exchange is just so them!
    "I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you."image
    July 12, 2013
  • we were out on a day trip for our 2.5 year dating anniversary.   he wanted to collect seeds in a park but in was raining so i didn't want to.  he was insistent so we went to the park.

we just stood in one spot for a second in the park and he hugged me really tightly.  then he said "i know you told me not to get you anything..." and got on his knee. he asked me to marry him and gave me a ring.

i said "oh my gooosh, yes!"
  • My H and I met at boy scout camp and were also long distance for the first 2.5 years of our relationship. So botht he camp where we met and spending our anniversary together are pretty important to us. On our fourth anniversary, he was working at camp and I wasn't but I was determined to spend time with him. We were also in the midst of moving into a place several days before our anniversary. It was rather rushed and unplanned but in the end we did get to spend the day together. I had picked up a little something for our new place that I surprised him with but made sure to tell him that he didn't need to worry about getting me a gift. This was around 10 at night and he said he had "until midnight" but I laughed it off.  After all, he was living in the middle of the woods, working all hours, and was pretty strapped for cash. Where would he get a present?

Anyway, after we went out to dinner (my one request was to get non-camp food!) we came back to hang out with our friends around the tent. It was getting late, though, so we headed back to the car. We get to the main camp road and he pauses for a moment, pulls me close, and starts talking about how this is where we first fell in love and how much he loves me and these past fours years have been amazing and how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me...I'm still clueless because I've written him a LOT of cards over the years and they're filled with this sort of mush! Until he gets down on one knee...and my first answer was "are you f*ing kidding me?1? (so eloquent, I know.) He got me so good! I had no idea it was coming. And of course, he got it in a few minutes before midnight.

Turns out he had been planning it for weeks. He'd asked me to bring down a trunk of his that actually had the ring in it (both my rings are the ones his grandfather gave his grandmother in the fifties.) He tried to call my dad to ask for his permission (of course my dad has his phone on vibrate all day and didn't realize it so my FI had to text him finally. My dad texted back, "yes, of course!") 

Everyone who is familiar with the camp cracks up because my H proposed on the main camp road "behind services" (the place wear you get toilet paper and foodstuffs) because it is one of the few places in the woods with light! We also say next to the propane shed but it doesn't seem to be much of an improvement, lol. I don't even care, it was the best place and just really "us." 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_pre-marital-recap-engaged-in-the-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:d54662a5-1679-4e92-a833-4ebda10f8157Post:66e727ab-c63a-4344-82cc-1a6ef463d2d6">Re: Pre-Marital Recap - ENGAGED in the moment!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H and I met at boy scout camp and were also long distance for the first 2.5 years of our relationship. So botht he camp where we met and spending our anniversary together are pretty important to us. On our fourth anniversary, he was working at camp and I wasn't but I was determined to spend time with him. We were also in the midst of moving into a place several days before our anniversary. It was rather rushed and unplanned but in the end we did get to spend the day together. I had picked up a little something for our new place that I surprised him with but made sure to tell him that he didn't need to worry about getting me a gift. This was around 10 at night and he said he had "until midnight" but I laughed it off.  After all, he was living in the middle of the woods, working all hours, and was pretty strapped for cash. Where would he get a present? Anyway, after we went out to dinner (my one request was to get non-camp food!) we came back to hang out with our friends around the tent. It was getting late, though, so we headed back to the car. We get to the main camp road and he pauses for a moment, pulls me close, and starts talking about how this is where we first fell in love and how much he loves me and these past fours years have been amazing and how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me...I'm still clueless because I've written him a LOT of cards over the years and they're filled with this sort of mush! Until he gets down on one knee...and my first answer was "are you f*ing kidding me?1? (so eloquent, I know.) He got me so good! I had no idea it was coming. And of course, he got it in a few minutes before midnight. Turns out he had been planning it for weeks. He'd asked me to bring down a trunk of his that actually had the ring in it (both my rings are the ones his grandfather gave his grandmother in the fifties.) He tried to call my dad to ask for his permission (of course my dad has his phone on vibrate all day and didn't realize it so my FI had to text  him finally. My dad texted back, "yes, of course!")  Everyone who is familiar with the camp cracks up because my H proposed on the main camp road "behind services" (the place wear you get toilet paper and foodstuffs) because it is one of the few places in the woods with light! We also say next to the propane shed but it doesn't seem to be much of an improvement, lol. I don't even care, it was the best place and just really "us." 
    Posted by random4180[/QUOTE]

LOVE this!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards