Wedding Party

1 Bridesmaid and 4 Groomsmen?!?!?!

My wedding is 4 weeks away and I originally had my MOH, and two bridesmaids. However, one of the bridesmaids can't make it (I already knew that was a possibility) & the other, well, we've been having some personal friendship issues here lately and I think I'm going to tell her it's not a good idea she attend. SOOO, that leaves my MOH being the only one by my side. I've lost a lot of friends since moving away, but my MOH has always been true. My fiance has FOUR groomsmen. I'm worried how weird it'll all look up there. 

What's your opinion on this?

Best Answer

Re: 1 Bridesmaid and 4 Groomsmen?!?!?!

• It doesn't matter how many are on each side, but you're sure you've decided to cut this friend from your life?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My wedding is 4 weeks away and I originally had my MOH, and two bridesmaids. However, one of the bridesmaids can't make it (I already knew that was a possibility) & the other, well, we've been having some personal friendship issues here lately and I think I'm going to tell her it's not a good idea she attend. SOOO, that leaves my MOH being the only one by my side. I've lost a lot of friends since moving away, but my MOH has always been true. My fiance has FOUR groomsmen. I'm worried how weird it'll all look up there. 

What's your opinion on this?
    You are worried about how your pictures will look, but you aren't worried about a friend whom you asked to be your bridesmaid?  This sounds very junior high school to me.  You asked her to be your bridesmaid.  If you tell her not to come to your wedding now, she has every right to complain about your behavior to everybody she knows, and she will be right.  You will be the one who looks like a rude, selfish bridezilla.
    Suck it up and make nice with her.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Don't worry about sides being even. It won't look weird, and if people think it does, that's on them.

What I think would be better for you to focus on is what is going on with you and your friend. What do you mean by "personal friendship issues?" Kicking her out of your wedding party and uninviting her to your wedding will permanently end your friendship, so you need to think about whether she's really done anything to warrant that (her not being involved enough in wedding planning is not a good enough reason). Unless she's stolen from you or something like that, I suggest you keep her in the wedding party and try to work things out. If after the wedding you are still annoyed with her, you can let the friendship fade out then.
  • From someone who had 2 BMs and her H had 5 GMs, I can tell you that you won't look weird in your pictures.

But I think you need to really think long and hard before kicking the one BM out of your wedding. Are you really ready to end the friendship, because that is pretty much what will happen.

On a somewhat side note, I really hope that there will be a day where people will stop being so damn concerned about the look of their pictures and be more focused on how exciting it is that they get to share a special day with their nearest and dearest regardless of how many are on each side.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards