Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Did you hire a wedding planner?

Would you recommend hiring a wedding planner to future brides?

Re: Did you hire a wedding planner?

• I know this is geared more towards already married knotties but...in my situation, I've hired a "day of" coordinator and so far, it's proved to be invaluable and we haven't even gotten to the day yet!  The peace of mind she gives me is amazing.  It's awesome knowing I can plan whatever I want and knowing it's going to be executed perfectly makes me feel so less stressed, it's wonderful!  I'm super organized and super detail oriented so I never thought I'd "need" one but this takes all the pressure off of me and allows me to enjoy the day instead of stressing the details.
  • I didn't have one, and honestly, I was fine without one. I worked full-time and went to Grad school while planning my wedding and was still able to do it all with a little help from my mom (we were living in a different city so it was nice that she lived in the city we were marrying in). Honestly there are so many resources out there now on budget help, checklists, questions for different vendors, etc. that I think unless you have extra money in your budget that you want to spend, it really isn't necessary. Plus I actually enjoyed making all the decisions (with H) and attending all the vendor meetings myself. I like planning things.

I guess if you don't enjoy planning events at all, I can see where having someone else do it/help a lot would be nice. For me though it would have been a waste of cash.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards