Michigan-Detroit
Options

Reception Location...Looking for advice, thoughts...

We have 3 reception places we are considering, they are Planterra Conservatory, Inn at St. Johns (atrium) and The Roostertail...has anyone had their wedding at any of the mentioned places and how was your experience? Or are you planning on having your wedding at any of these and how has your experience been so far? I am really torn and looking for some thoughts from others.

Thanks!

Re: Reception Location...Looking for advice, thoughts...

• Options
    We looked at Roostertail, they put us over our budget and there's not a lot of room for customization since they provide literally everything but bouquets.  

I know people who have worked as caterers at Planterra and highly recommend the place.  

I've heard the food at St Johns is just 'eh.'
  • Options

Any thoughts on the Roostertail? The proposal I get back includes a lot...but it's on older building, and part of it looks a bit tacky. However the room over looks the water and like I mentioned the proposal includes a lot. So any getting married there, did get married there???

• Options

Any thoughts on the Roostertail? The proposal I get back includes a lot...but it's on older building, and part of it looks a bit tacky. However the room over looks the water and like I mentioned the proposal includes a lot. So any getting married there, did get married there???

That's how I felt too.  I think it depends on how much work you want to put in.  I have friends who are caterers and florists so I felt like with a little more work I could pull off something just as nice or nicer at less cost.  Without them, I'm a mess and would totally pay for an all inclusive package LOL.
  • Options
    My high school prom was at the Roostertail.  I was underwhelmed... and got food poisoning.

So that wasn't even on my list.  One experience, over ten years ago, but still...
  • Options
    We looked at the roostertail. I found it extremely expensive for what they offer. It was dirty. There was a wedding set up and the chairs were chipped and the seat covers were missing ties. Candelabras were cooked and covered in wax. We seen them drop a try of desserts on the floor in the kitchen. We ran from there so fast. We liked some centerpieces they had but they said we could use them as long as no one else was wanting to use them. Very disappointing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards