Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

What is traditionally included in the price of a photographer?

Hi Everyone! I have a question about what is typically included in the price of a photographer. We received our quote the other day and it included 8 hrs for the day of the wedding with I'm assuming all digital copies of the photos. It also included a complimentary 1 hr engagement photo session, but we only get 3 digital copies of the photos with the ability to purchase more.  

What has everyone else been experiencing?

Re: What is traditionally included in the price of a photographer?

• Options
    cblum601 said:
    Hi Everyone! I have a question about what is typically included in the price of a photographer. We received our quote the other day and it included 8 hrs for the day of the wedding with I'm assuming all digital copies of the photos. It also included a complimentary 1 hr engagement photo session, but we only get 3 digital copies of the photos with the ability to purchase more.  

What has everyone else been experiencing?
    It really depends on the photographer and the package. I saw packages with only 100 pictures included, packages with all pictures and all rights, packages with no rights, packages with albums, etc. 

And to the bolded - please do not assume that. You should ask specifically if the rights to the photos (and how many photos) are included. I received a quote from a photographer that charged like 50 cents per photo for rights. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Each photographer is different, but most offer a variety of options to "customize" a package to what you want/need.  However, make sure what you are getting with your package is clearly spelled out in your contract.  Don't make any assumptions.  Feel free to ask photographers to clarify exactly what they are offering.  For example, I have seen it worded as "8 hours of coverage on the day of, a gallery of your images to be downloaded, and print rights as well as a free engagement session."  And that sounds great!  But what I've seen some of my friends come to realize is that it is really just the session fee that is free.  If you want your engagement photos to print, you will have to pay extra to get them.  So regardless of who you choose, make sure the contract is very clear, and that you are happy with the final cost/package before you sign.
  • Options
    Never assume anything and read your contract very carefully BEFORE putting down a deposit. Ask lots of questions and make sure it is clearly spelled out in the contract, add in anything that is not already in the contract, before signing. 

I wouldn't hire a photog that didn't give me full printing rights, but not all photogs will give those out. If it's not listed int he contract then you don't get them.

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Each photographer is different, but most offer a variety of options to "customize" a package to what you want/need.  However, make sure what you are getting with your package is clearly spelled out in your contract.  Don't make any assumptions.  Feel free to ask photographers to clarify exactly what they are offering.  For example, I have seen it worded as "8 hours of coverage on the day of, a gallery of your images to be downloaded, and print rights as well as a free engagement session."  And that sounds great!  But what I've seen some of my friends come to realize is that it is really just the session fee that is free.  If you want your engagement photos to print, you will have to pay extra to get them.  So regardless of who you choose, make sure the contract is very clear, and that you are happy with the final cost/package before you sign.
    YIKES! That's some tricky wording!  Thanks for mentioning that!

• Options
    YIKES! That's some tricky wording!  Thanks for mentioning that!

No problem.  Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards