Snarky Brides
Options

Most dreaded wedding moments?

KnotRileyKnotRiley admin
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited December 2015 in Snarky Brides
Hi Knotties!

We're curious to hear: what are your most dreaded wedding moments (whether it's at your own, or one you're attending)? It can be anything from the garter toss to an unexpected guest showing up.

Let us know what you think below!

Re: Most dreaded wedding moments?

• Options
    I went to a wedding last year, and I caught the bouquet. I wasn't sure if they were doing a garter toss and if the guy who caught the garter would then have to put it on my leg, so I got really nervous and went up to the groom to ask. Thank goodness they weren't doing the garter toss. I would have cried.

At my own, I'm nervous about people clinking glasses to make us kiss. We'll do it once to be good sports, but after that, nada. I don't like feeling on display, you know?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to a wedding last year, and I caught the bouquet. I wasn't sure if they were doing a garter toss and if the guy who caught the garter would then have to put it on my leg, so I got really nervous and went up to the groom to ask. Thank goodness they weren't doing the garter toss. I would have cried.

At my own, I'm nervous about people clinking glasses to make us kiss. We'll do it once to be good sports, but after that, nada. I don't like feeling on display, you know?
    This.  And the thought of an empty dance floor makes me nervous....
  • Options
    I'm nervous about problem people showing up uninvited, and my groom not being as excited as I hope he will be. He's so laid back, I'm concerned it'll feel like he's really not that into it. 
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Currently: We have had a lot of kick-back from FI's family balking about the fact that our wedding invites are not transferable and that people can't just bring whoever they damn well please. All singles got a +1 and all of those in relationships were invited as units. I'm more referring to "grandma has 3 friends from church she wants to bring" or "uncle Bob wants to bring his best friend and his best friend's kids". So I am stressing about people showing up with multiple uninvited guests and having no place setting or meal for them. 

On my wedding day: I will be dreading all eyes on me as I say my vows. 
  • Options
    Well, reading the above comments gave me some more to think about! My FI is dreading line dances and the glass-klinking; he says he'll do it once and then make a face at anyone else who does it. As for the line dancing, I told him we'll put all line dance songs on our DNP list (except the Electric Slide, since my grandmother LOVES that one).

Personally, my biggest worries are family drama at the wedding and uninvited guests.

One thing I'm nervous about but it's not a big worry is rambling during my vows. I tend to ramble when I'm nervous and being the center of attention makes me freak. x.x
  • Options
    Mine is just worrying about the whole reception going smoothly.  I have a DJ and MC that came highly recommended from a few people, but depending on the amount of people that show up, we may have to clear off the buffet tables to have a larger dance floor... so the logistics of that make me nervous.  Hopefully I will feel better after next week, I have a meeting at the venue with the caterer.  I wish I could afford a DOC...
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Dealing with the bio-dad. He dislikes my oldest brother and has yet to meet my step-dad, who is walking me down the aisle.

• Options
    I'm a little nervous about my FMIL. She's very outspoken and rude (and mean and insensitive and sometimes a full on bitch).  I'm super sensitive and I'm dreading she will say something that might hurt my feelings on our wedding day and I won't be able to get over it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My #1 concern is that there will be a blizzard the day of the wedding and nobody can get to the lodge. My #2 worry is tripping up the stairs to walk down the aisle, yep, everyone can see me from the time I hit the bottom of those stairs, maybe I should have planned my venue better!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your FMIL is absolutely going to show up high.  Make sure she labels the brownies!

fyrchk said:

Please don't laugh, but I'm worried about my FMIL showing up stoned. She's 70 years old and smokes weed all day. And it makes her paranoid.

So far she's mentioned getting my dad high (retired Army colonel) and preferring a wrist corsage because she's afraid she'll smoke and lose her flowers.

Oh, and she offered to make edible brownies for the wedding party.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fyrchk said:

Please don't laugh, but I'm worried about my FMIL showing up stoned. She's 70 years old and smokes weed all day. And it makes her paranoid.

So far she's mentioned getting my dad high (retired Army colonel) and preferring a wrist corsage because she's afraid she'll smoke and lose her flowers.

If my father was still alive, this would be my fear as well...also, my entertainment!
  • Options
    RE: glass clinking- I told fiance I was not down with this and won't do it.

His dad has a rather interesting friend from WV who I keep joking about having go around to kiss the glass clinkers.
  • Options
    I have a few that I'm absolutely dreading but I think they mean a lot to my FH so will be a good sport:

Walking down the aisle

First dance

Father daughter dance

The first kiss

I have no idea why I'm dreading these moments so much when they're moments that other people look forward to the most. I just don't like the idea of people looking at me and being "on display", if you will. It freaks me out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    fyrchk said:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to giggle because I do understand that this is stressful for you, but it is just so funny because I know for a fact my brother (who is a groomsman) will be stoned out of his noggin no matter what, and my mother will be so stressed (that's just her) that even though she does not smoke WE will wish that she did just so that she will calm down!
  • Options
    Rain!!!  Definitely rain.  We do have a plan B of course, but fingers crossed we won't need it.  Also...if I cry and FI doesn't or vice versa during the ceremony.
  • Options

*** I'm sorry, I don't mean to giggle because I do understand that this is stressful for you, but it is just so funny because I know for a fact my brother (who is a groomsman) will be stoned out of his noggin no matter what, and my mother will be so stressed (that's just her) that even though she does not smoke WE will wish that she did just so that she will calm down!
    I'm right there with you ladies with my family.. and it is now legal in the state I'm getting married in, guess it will be one hell of a party.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Tears! I cry at weddings.  I cry at stranger’s weddings.  I’m terrified that at my own wedding I’m going to be a crazy blotchy mess all day.  Bring on the water proof makeup.

• Options
    My mother and the monster showing up. To the point we are hiring security. If she gets the date and location, I fully expect a lawn tantrum and police being called. Sigh.
  • Options
    I was really nervous about the first kiss. Im always uncomfortable with outward displays of affection in front of family (my family is not touchy feely). I wouldn't even kiss him for practice at our rehearsal.

However, at showtime, I was so excited that not only did we kiss, but I went back in for a second kiss up there at the alter! We still laugh about it and how ironic it was.
  • Options
    Family drama. And I'm marrying into a Greek family so I am worried I will mess up the dancing and anything I have to do during the ceremony. 
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I'm worried about making it through the night without someone getting arrested. We have very... intense family members... who also like to get completely trashed. On both sides. Oh boy.

• Options
    The processional.

My venue has a particularly long one (I'll walk around the balcony of the room before going down the stairs and down the aisle), so it's a LOT of time with all eyes on me. And, since my father passed away when I was a teenager (and I couldn't stand the thought of having someone take his place), it'll be JUST me.

I'm not sure I thought about what I was getting into when I agreed to the venue, but now that we're set there, I'm getting nervous about the whole thing.
  • Options
    I'm really hoping I don't cry! Our wedding is 4 days away and I'm paying to have my make up done AND it's supposed to be 91 degrees! I'm scared to sweat off or cry of all my makeup.
  • Options
    katenan89 said:
    I'm really hoping I don't cry! Our wedding is 4 days away and I'm paying to have my make up done AND it's supposed to be 91 degrees! I'm scared to sweat off or cry of all my makeup.
    Please tell me you're not getting married outside. If you are, your entire wedding will be your guests' most dreaded wedding moments.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    I'm sure that at sensitive moments during my wedding, if kids are there, my parents are going to be busy cooing over their grandchildren, who will need to go to the bathroom, cry or just beg for everyone's attention right when I'm saying my vows, dancing, and cutting the cake.
  • Options
    katenan89 said:
    Please tell me you're not getting married outside. If you are, your entire wedding will be your guests' most dreaded wedding moments.

Unfortunately we have to do the ceremony outside! The venue hosts are providing bottled water and there's shade with trees. It's a Minnesota wedding and August is notorious for wildly fluctuating temps - it's quite a bit higher than average predicted! Considering heading over to a craft store or something and picking up parasols, fans, etc.

• Options
    katenan89 said:
    katenan89 said:

Unfortunately we have to do the ceremony outside! The venue hosts are providing bottled water and there's shade with trees. It's a Minnesota wedding and August is notorious for wildly fluctuating temps - it's quite a bit higher than average predicted! Considering heading over to a craft store or something and picking up parasols, fans, etc.

Yeah, I would be having that ceremony in the reception space.  Water and shade will do nothing to help with 90+ degrees.

• Options
    My grandmothers health - God please let my dad enjoy the day. (My parents take care of my dad's mom 24 hours a day. She has advanced alzheimer's and does not really know anyone anymore other than my dad and mom. Who she spends time yelling and and trying to bite. I know this is the illness not her but I cannot imagine how it feels to be my dad and see your mom like that. Or how it feels taking care of someone all day - feeding/bathroom/changing/lifting - because they are truly bedridden and then just getting called mean names by them. My dad also thinks that she will die the next time they have to put her in a home, which will be my wedding. Chances are at least over 50% that she will pass during the weekend of my wedding or on my honeymoon.)

Walking down the aisle - God help me not to trip.

Saying vows - God help me not to have to ask the pastor to repeat each line 5 times because I keep forgetting.

First dance - God make it go by fast.

Anytime people are looking at me - God help people not notice that my arms are not as tone as I want them to be, that I have gained weight from stress eating these last 2 months and that I am bright red bc I am not used to being the center of attention.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards