Chit Chat

Thank you card photo

We are being cheesy and ordering thank you cards with one of the photos we took during our engagement session on them.  I need help picking... which one?

or 

Married 9.12.15

Re: Thank you card photo

• #2 for sure. I think it is weird to have a thank you picture not be looking at the camera. Who are you looking at saying "thank you" in the first one? Just seems odd to me.
  • The second one, definitely.  The first would be weird since it looks like the picture was randomly snapped while you were getting a professional picture taken (probably due to you not looking at the camera).

• The one with you looking at the camera for sure! I'm not sure how it would work on a card with you looking away...
  • I agree with #2. It's more personal when you're looking at the camera.
  • #2 for sure. I think it is weird to have a thank you picture not be looking at the camera. Who are you looking at saying "thank you" in the first one? Just seems odd to me.
    Absolutely this.   The first photo would be lovely without the TY sign but as a thank you picture, I think it needs to be direct.
  • Yeah... I think I mainly like #1 cause I like how I look in it LOL  But it does make sense to have us looking at the person we're thanking.  Sounds like #2 it is!  
    Married 9.12.15
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    #2 definitely
  • definitely the second one. And for the record, you look gorgeous in both so no worries. 
  • The second one for sure.

• #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Why not a photo from the actual wedding? 

I found this particularly useful for those [very generous] people - generally my parents' friends - who weren't invited but sent us a gift.

I found this particularly useful for those [very generous] people - generally my parents' friends - who weren't invited but sent us a gift.

Because the wedding hasn't happened yet, it's in September.  My shower is August 1 so I wanted to have thank you cards for those gifts also.
    Married 9.12.15

I would think this would take too long - waiting for the pictures from the photog and then getting the TY cards printed would have to take at least a few weeks.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I want to change my vote...I creep photos...who is surprised, I'm the P&V mod, of course I do!
    Have her crop this one, like so. She can adjust the contrast (assuming she is pro), preferably the exposure in lightroom, to pull your FI out more.
    But this is the one I would use...

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I want to change my vote...I creep photos...who is surprised, I'm the P&V mod, of course I do!
    Have her crop this one, like so. She can adjust the contrast (assuming she is pro), preferably the exposure in lightroom, to pull your FI out more.
    But this is the one I would use...

Ha, I knew posting the links there would be creepers, it's OK :)  I don't like how I look in that picture as much.... I'm sticking my face out weird.  haha!  Otherwise it would have been the clear winner as it has the pups in it.

I actually went ahead and ordered them with pic #2, she was having a one day sale so I got a discount on the cards from her lab.  
    Married 9.12.15

I would think this would take too long - waiting for the pictures from the photog and then getting the TY cards printed would have to take at least a few weeks.
    We used a photo from our wedding, but it was actually one that our friend took with his cell phone and somehow he got a really awesome shot that was really good quality. (STILL have not gotten the pro photos back, and it's week 12. Ugh). 

Anyway, I ordered them from vista print the day after the wedding and they arrived by the time we were back from our honeymoon, and I got writing right away. So the timeline worked out for us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards