Not Engaged Yet

AW: Wedding! (long)

I am finally back from our honeymoon and I think I am over the jetlag. It feels like so much time has passed since the wedding and it's really only been 2 weeks! We returned our cupcake stands today and went to the bank to deposit wedding gifts and now I have time to AW! Hopefully the pictures are not too big- sorry in advance if they are!

I'll start with the day before- our rehearsal. We had everyone meet at 5:30 at the venue and we went through the ceremony very quickly with the wedding planner. No problems, everyone showed up on time and ready to eat! We headed to dinner down the street at a super cute brick oven pizza place. We ate pizza, nachos and had drinks for a couple hours. Super relaxed, no long speeches or anything like that. We handed out our gifts and thankfully everyone loved them!!! We headed back to the hotel, drank some champagne and hung out in the room. I had one of my BMs stay with me and she fell asleep around midnight and I can't even remember if I really did sleep. I was just so excited that I kept on waking up- really annoying. 

The next day we woke up around 9 ready for the makeup and hair crew to start working at 10am. I pretty much lounged around eating panera and watching TV until it was my turn. Photographer and Videographer both showed up around 2pm and I was done with makeup/hair at 2:30 with about an hour to get into my dress and start heading over to the venue. 

I called H at around 3:30 to let him know that I would see him soon (he said he would be at venue at 3:45) welllllll he was still at home about 40 minutes away from the venue. I almost freaked out because I wanted to do first look photos and all formal bridal party and family photos before. So we had to switch the order of all of the pictures. And I'm kind of worried that I look like a bitch in my first look photos because when H arrived at the venue his best man was all "who cares" about being late. He even told me that I was overreacting- thankfully my BMs pulled him aside and told him that it is a big deal to be late on your wedding day. Anyways, I got over it pretty quickly because our photographer was great and calmed me down by promising we would get all of the photos done. No worries.

We had our ceremony at 6:30 and only had 1 no-show (one of H's cousins). It was a beautiful day filled with sun and the evening wasn't too hot, which was nice. Here are some pics:
image image image image

After the cermony, we joined our guests for cocktail hour! It was so nice to mingle with everyone and get some more candid pics.
image  image

Then it was time to really start the party! I honestly had already drank about 3 or 4 drinks (champagne, wine and beer...I had it all.) and just wanted to let loose and dance all night. I was very lucky and ate about half of my dinner. Even though the best man was a dick before, he had prepared a very nicely written speech and I cannot believe how much I loved it. I even asked the videographer to feature his speech in the video, if possible. I had asked my MOH to prepare something because I know she says weird shit when she's drinking. She didn't prepare anything and told a stupid story about me from middle school and random TMNT jokes that no one knew- but I made sure to keep smiling even though I wanted the DJ to start playing the music they play at the Oscars when your time is up. I feel bad, but I really don't want it in my wedding video. 

After the speeches it was dancing time! Before I knew it, it was midnight and time to go home. All I know is H and I threw a great party for all of our friends and family and we wouldn't have had it any other way. We were so pleased with the food and drinks and the flowers were gorgeous. I was sad that I couldn't bring them all home; we ended up letting guests bring them home. More pics:
image image
image image 
best man, DJ and groom
view from the balcony/loft area

Alaska AW will probably come tomorrow. We have sooo many pictures to go through!

Re: AW: Wedding! (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards