Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

disposable cameras for tables?

did any of you use disposable cameras for your guests to use? Did it turn out good or should I cut the cost?

Re: disposable cameras for tables?

• If you do a search you'll find out that that the consensus around here is they are a waste of money.  They are bad quality and too expensive to develop for so few good photos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Cut it. You'll get inappropriate pictures and a million "artsy" shots of the centerpiece. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We put out a few cheap digital cameras that we had lying around. We put a note telling people to pass it around. We got some excellent pictures. Totally worth it.
  • We did it and i thought it was a waste.  The picture quality was poor due to cheap cameras and operator errors.
  • I don't know the last time I even saw a disposable camera. I would skip it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Not worth it.  We put out a few and only my son and his g/f used them.  And we got nothing really worthwhile on them.....just duck face pics of my FDiL.
  • I would skip it. Most smart phones have better quality cameras than the disposal ones, and those pics you can get instantaneously, rather than wait to get them developed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_disposable-cameras-for-tables?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:dab1f0d0-dccc-4958-85e6-f1fb7fe475bdPost:4af54e34-abc3-48a5-8c3f-87d45afde3b6">disposable cameras for tables?</a>:
    [QUOTE]did any of you use disposable cameras for your guests to use? Did it turn out good or should I cut the cost?
    Posted by shaygray88[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Skip it.  Most people have smart phones.  You'll get photos on facebook or email from guests within a day or so that are better quality.

</div>
  • you may have seen this on pinterest... but you can make a sign that says "if you instagram, #smithwedding"  So when people hashtag any pics, you can see a whole album.  It's similar to the disposable camera idea, without the expense.
  • We didn't use disposable cameras and would advise you not to as well since everyone has digital camers and can email or facebook you pics.
  • The pictures were terrible. Waste of money.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • I was a BM in a wedding that did the cameras. They were all taken by children and almost all of the pics were a bust. To me...not worth it.
  • Thanks ladies! We've decided to cut that cost
  • I made a flickr site and left business cards on the tables with a generic Wedding email and password relating to our day. We got several hundred high-res photos for me only paying $15.00 for the shipping of the free business cards on Vistaprint and 3 months of extra memory space on flickr. I highly reccomend it. The people that would use the cameras don't find it as a hassle to login and upload the pics for you. A great money saver! 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_disposable-cameras-for-tables?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:dab1f0d0-dccc-4958-85e6-f1fb7fe475bdPost:ad240e54-2f30-43a5-a8f8-9d662030812d">Re: disposable cameras for tables?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! We've decided to cut that cost
    Posted by shaygray88[/QUOTE]
    I asked this question about a month ago and decided to cut them as well.
  • We wanted to do this but the KNot ladies convinced me otherwise. Howerver we are supplying one to every child guest to use for fun and just to get some fun shots the three older ones are quite a shot at family parties with the digital cameras.

We have 4 kids coming to the wedding age 4,7,7, and 9 so I think it will be worth the investment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Consider Weddit.  Also, look in app stores. There are at least a couple of wedding applications that people can download to their phone and submit any phone pics with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I set up a an account at weddingturtle.com. Not sure how it will turn out, but they gave us free business cards with the site so people can upload photos. Hopefully it turns out well.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • My fiance wanted disposble cameras on the table but to be honest, who wants to get all of those pictures developed? Noone! So we decided on a wedding picture app. It's called "Wedding Party". It's an app any of your guests with an iphone or android device can download and it uploads to a timeline so you can see all of the pics your guest take throughout the day, and the best part is IT'S FREE!!! We posted the app information on our wedding website and we'll probably include it on an invite insert as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_disposable-cameras-for-tables?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:dab1f0d0-dccc-4958-85e6-f1fb7fe475bdPost:62920c10-5b65-4f37-92e1-1f12338ba9ab">Re: disposable cameras for tables?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We put out a few cheap digital cameras that we had lying around. We put a note telling people to pass it around. We got some excellent pictures. Totally worth it.
    Posted by agvg75[/QUOTE]

I did this at my babyshower and it was a hit....think we'll be doing this for the reception
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_disposable-cameras-for-tables?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:dab1f0d0-dccc-4958-85e6-f1fb7fe475bdPost:9f545b12-acf9-4879-815d-6b04f6624cad">Re: disposable cameras for tables?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to disposable cameras for tables? : Skip it.  Most people have smart phones.  You'll get photos on facebook or email from guests within a day or so that are better quality.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

ditto. We did not even have a professional photographer. We bought a nice camera and gave it to a family member to take pictures. Another who is professionally trained a s aphotographer took the ceremony pixs. We had a cheap digital we left out for people to use but only got a few pictures. Let friends know where they can post pictures of your wedding to share like photobook.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards