I've been appalled at the prices I see for wedding printing. I work in the graphics and printing industry, so I know what things really cost vs. mark ups. I also know that's how I make my living, so I understand...but weddings are expensive enough. I love Wedding Diva's sample pack, but....can I afford $4 per invite? No.
I saw a lot of articles that said to cut invites or DIY at home to get it cheap. I didn't like either of those options. Here's what I'm doing:
- My print quantity is 100. That gives me a little buffer room. I'm getting printing from an online vendor: Zoo Printing. There are others out there if you look.
- I used the USPS website to check postage rates. For example, too much weight or weird shapes may cost more to mail.
- Save the Dates: 4" x 6" postcard style, front and back, $0.27 each
- Invite: 5" x 7", front/blank back, $0.23 each
- RSVP and Enclosure card: 4"x 6", front/blank back, $0.17 each
- Colored Envelope: $0.50 each
= $1.34 for my STD, Invite, RSVP card, Enclosure card, and Envelope...
Vista Print was $0.50 for JUST the Invite. They are doing a special right now for free envelopes, but still...
The paper I picked isn't fancy, but it's better than what I could print at home. I'm using dark colored envelopes for an extra pop and tying a ribbon around the Invite, RSVP and Enclosure card. The cards together should also be light enough to stay in the standard $0.49 postage range.
Anyway, hopefully this will help someone! If you don't need an enclosure card or want cheap envelopes, you can bring the price down even more.