June 2016 Weddings

Planning

How is everyone doing with their wedding plans? I feel like I'm actually doing pretty well. We have the photographer, reception venue, caterer, and we are booking the DJ next Monday!

Re: Planning

• We've booked our venue, complete with DJ catered, & centerpieces, I'm having my dress made by a couture dressmaker, I've got half the bouquets finished, booked an officiant, had favors delivered to my daughter in law & son's house (destination wedding & they live in driving distance, we have to fly), finished designing Save the Date magnets, gotten most of the addresses for our guest list, started looking at photographers, and started looking at hotels to book rooms...whew I think I am ahead of schedule, but I need to be so I don't get overwhelmed later.
  • Things are going great with me too. So far we have:

Venue - includes catering
    Photographer - Engagement pictures taken in September
    Videographer
    DJ
    Make-up Artist - Onsite, airbrush
    I picked a salon, but I'm having them do my hair for engagement pictures to make sure I like them.
    My dress<3
    Parent gifts - Personalized picture frames on sale
    Bridesmaid gifts started, still need to think of a few extra things though

I think that's all that's officially been purchased. I'm planning my wedding from out of state, so the next time I go home in August I have an appointment with a stationary company, two cake bakers, and two florists. So hopefully those will be booked mid August as well! I LOVE checking things off the list. :D

And I don't really thing there is an ahead of schedule. Starting this early gives you a larger pool of vendors and saves you so much stress in the long run. Well done ladies!
  • Look at us June brides!! I'm feeling pretty ahead of things too. 
    • Venue
    • Dress
    • Bridesmaids Dresses
    • JP
    • DJ
    • Uplighting
    • Photographer
    • Videographer
    • Florist
    • Hotel blocks secured
    • Save the Dates designed (waiting for a good promo to come along)
    • Have some decor items
    Just twiddling my thumbs at the moment, but this is when it's fun! I can just pin decor stuff on my wedding board and get hair/makeup inspiration while I watch the clock tick slowly. hahah :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [Deleted User]
  • I'm doing well! I start teaching again in a few weeks, so I am definitely feeling great about the progress. We have finished/booked:

-Venue (Ceremony & Reception)
    -DJ/Music (Ceremony & Reception)
    -Photographer
    -Uplighting
    -Hair & Makeup Services
    -Officiant
    -MY DRESS- it's actually already in but I'm waiting until February-ish to start alterations of course
    -Bridesmaid dresses are ordered
    -Wedding bands (mine came with the set my FI bought, but we ordered his band two weeks ago)
    -Save the Dates (went out with Christmas cards this past year, just the way our family wanted for planning vacation purposes)
    -Florist- we're DIYing with Real Touch flowers. My sister discovered how easy it was when she got roped into helping with her roommate's sister's flowers, so we're attempting it when she comes home for Christmas. 

I still need to call our venue to discuss our hotel blocks, since it's at a hotel, and I need to ask about a day-of coordinator. We're going to look for my mom's dress in a few weeks, and I really want to find shoes for my dress haha. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards