Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday

Good morning! I'm feeling so much better than I was so yay for that! 

I'm going to dinner with @hummingbird125 and a couple of our friends tonight. I've never been to the restaurant we're going to sand the menu looks delicious so I'm excited! I have a bit of time to kill between getting done work and our reservation so I think I'm going to treat myself to a mani and a pedi. The last ones I had were not good and my hands and feet look terrible. 

Not too much else going on here! I'm boring this week! 

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    @Swazzle I'm glad to hear your feeling better!!

So the visit with the Home Day Care yesterday went really well. I absolutely loved the lady. She only takes two infants at a time so I know that Callie would get lots of attention. We are visiting one other day care tonight that's around the same price range but I'm feeling really good about the lady we saw yesterday.

I didn't work out yesterday and I feel so blah today. I'm definitely doing some insanity tonight. 
  • Options
    I'm boring this week too, there's nothing going on because it's so freaking hot outside lol.

Last night I learned how to feed some cuttlefish which are the most BIZARRE things I have ever seen. They're like tiny octopi and if you put a little shrimp in the tank they have these two blue tentacles that SHOOT out and grab the shrimp, kinda like a lizard does with its tongue. It startled me lol. Starting Friday I will be responsible for feeding those things along with a some guinea pigs and two dogs while that family is away. It's not a bad gig, but I'm not sure about grabbing the shrimp with my bare hands like the guy showed me lol that might take some getting used to.
  • Options
    Good morning!  I'm feeling better too...must be contagious @swazzle - have fun with @hummingbird125!  :) 

@southernpeach89 - I'm so glad the Home Day Care visit went well! 

I don't have much going on today other than work, spin class and more work.  Thursday H and I have our semi-weekly budget talks and Friday H has to go to court for his speeding ticket (I have a feeling I'm going to be asked to go along).  Not fun but necessary.  On the bright side, our garden is really starting to produce some buds of fruit...I can't wait to harvest!
  • Options

Glad you're feeling better!

@southernpeach89 Woohoo, that's great!

So this really creeped me out. A few weeks ago I learned that a middle school classmate had committed suicide. We went to a catholic school where there's only one class per grade so I was in the same class with her for 5 years but we weren't friends outside of school. I had not seen her in about a decade so while her death came as a sad shock, I really didn't know her. Well last night I had a dream that she came to my house and told me that she faked her death for her thesis paper topic and look she's fine. I woke up like WTFFF.

• Options
    @Swazzle Your night sounds fun!

@SouthernPeach89 Glad you liked the day care you saw yesterday!

I am trying to tie up some loose ends at work, and then hopefully heading out a little early to get ready. I have to run to my grandma's house to say bye to my Uncle who is heading back to Korea. Then I have to come home and pack up Tessie and bring her to my mom's friend's house. Then home to pack myself and probably hit the packie to get drinks. Then bright and early tomorrow morning (5 am) we are heading up to Maine!! I can't even wait. BF is super excited too.. he has been looking forward to this trip! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options

I'm very boring this week too.  It seems to be one of those weeks no matter how much I sleep it's not enough.  I work I come home, make dinner and study. 

@swazzle have fun at dinner tonight. 

@southernpeach89 that is great you found a home day care.  It sounds like a great place for her! I can't seem to find anything like that near me. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @southernpeach89 kudos to you doing insanity at 32 weeks :)

Last night the plan was to just go get drinks at Starbucks with my mum, but we ended up going for dinner. They had a "date night" special at East Side Mario's, so we shared stuffed mushrooms, each had cheese capaleti {yum!} and our own mini mousse cake!

Friends of ours dropped off the card well at our place - they were borrowing from their family - and it's great cuz you have to unscrew it to grab the cards! Idk if anyone else has come across this issue, but apparently people are jerks and steal cards at weddings. Matt's cousin lost almost $2,000 from that!

Anyways, headed home after {stuffed} and Matt and I put in the a/c. He kinda jimmy-rigged it so it wouldn't tilt and cause water damage. He's gonna get the boards up soon.

I'd be doing a happy dance - because 3 DAYS! - but it is too freakin warm out.

This is my last day at work as a single woman! I'm excited for tomorrow cuz I get to see my friend T {the one I played hookey from work to see for an hour ahahaha}
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!

I had some crazy dreams last night.  I only remember bits and pieces, but H said that I woke him up in the middle of the night crying and yelling "NO! NO!"  Weird!

About to head over to my big meeting again.  I won't see much of you all, so have a good day!
  • Options
    @untouchablets I had to grab live shrimp with my bare hands when we went fishing back in June in FL. It was so scary to me...their little legs were just wiggling all over the place and I felt bad but then I was like....I was to catch fish lol.

@minskat30 What kind of fruit are you growing?

@jenna8984 I'm sorry to hear about your classmate. That's super scary you had a dream about her...I guess since she was on your mind recently.

@caseface5 Have fun in Maine!!! I'm jealous of your shortened week!

@Peaseblossom55 I honestly didn't know of this place until I did a search for home day cares in our area...I would keep looking. I'm sure you will find something great!

@MsKittyDanger Yummm I love stuffed mushrooms!

@CocoBellaF DH and I both had weird dreams last night too. I kept on talking in my sleep and waking myself up. I hate it!

@cu97tiger Ugh it's so hard to work out now but I just feel like I need to do something even if I'm going at a snail's pace lol.
  • Options
    I need a mani/pedi too. I plan on getting one after work. Not sure where I'm going to go though because the place I was going to may not take debit cards anymore and the last time I went there I got a new lady and she was awful. 

@untouchablets I don't think I'd be able to grab shrimp either and those fish would creep me out! They sound scary lol

@MsKittyDanger H's uncle and aunt had cards stolen at their wedding recently. They think it may have been the staff I guess. After hearing about that H and my mom were freaking out about how we were going to guard our cards at our wedding. We had a little latch on ours (it was kind of like a birdcage) and it was placed in an area of the reception room where people would definitely notice if you were trying to grab cards out of it. I wasn't too concerned about. When we opened our cards the next day we realized that SO many people gave cash! We always give a check so that we can tell when it's cashed and if it's stolen you can put a stop payment on the check- once cash is stolen it's gone forever. 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - Not really "traditional" fruits in the sense of them being sweet but technically tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers are fruits so we are growing those.  :)  
  • Options
    @minskat30 I want to grow cucumbers so bad! I eat them like they are going out of style. This year we focused on the yard/grass so next year we will get on the garden.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @swazzle enjoy your mani/pedi and dinner with @hummingbird125 tonight! it's definitely too hot to cook anything, so I may do the same.

@southernpeach89 Yay for the home daycare being a good fit!

@jenna8984 that's a fucked up dream! I'm sorry.

@caseface5 I am so jealous of your trip to Maine! I just love shopping at the outlets. And I bet it's way cooler up there than it is here. 

I just feel like staying indoors all day today. It's supposed to be really hot and muggy, so I will just stay home rather than melt. Nothing exciting going on today either. I'm also thinking of ordering take out tonight. The heat really has a negative effect on me and I'd rather avoid feeling grumpy. Today will pretty much be a blah day.
  • Options
    @caseface5 - If we lived closer, I'd give you some.  Our cucumber plant is getting HUGE!  Its taking over 1/8 of the garden and still growing.  
  • Options
    @jenna8984 those steel cut oats sound so good right now.

Anniversary

• Options
    @jenna8984 yummm that sounds so good! I'm in love with anything that has cinnamon in it lately.

@minskat30 That's still awesome! DH and I hope to start a garden next year. Our backyard has a lot of potential so that's going to DH's summer project next year.
  • Options
    @AlPacina excited but ready for it to be over lol and I'm not a lamb fan but the zucchini and yogurt sauce sounds delish! I keep seeing others post about Blue Apron, I should look into it later!
  • Options
    @alpacina yeah i definitely was NOT prepared. The guy showing me gave no description of what would happen, he just grabbed a shrimp, dropped it in the tank and BOOM dead shrimp lol

I think I need a little advice. My best friend has been working on her mental health over the last year or so, for her anxiety mostly. It started when her general physician "diagnosed" her with severe anxiety and bipolar disorder. I raised my eyebrows at that, but now I just think she's taking things too far. I have an actual diagnosed mood disorder and 3 out of my 8 immediate family members have varying degrees of bipolar disorder diagnosed by an actual psychiatrist and it is a real fear of mine that I will and up with it too, so it really irritates me that she let her regular doctor diagnose her without getting a second opinion from a psychiatrist. And I feel like she's misusing her therapy sessions too. Every other day she talks about her visits to her therapist and her new "realizations" for what she thinks are problems, like insecurities I didn't even know she had in the 12 years that we've been friends. She uses these realizations as a reason to get mad at her family members for things that happened YEARS ago, and picks fights with them over it.

I TOTALLY GET that people deal with mental stuff differently and I am not a doctor so I could be way wrong, but she texted me yesterday that her regular doctor gave her ANOTHER anxiety medication and if that doesn't work she said they're gonna try mood stabilizers?? I think that's totally unnecessary, and I don't want to say anything because then she'll see me as one of those unsupportive people who doesn't understand her. I don't want to distance myself from her but I catch myself doing it unconsciously, like I won't text her back for an entire day. We usually text CONSTANTLY because we live in different states and that's how we stay close. I have no idea what to do, I'm worried and also annoyed. It is very confusing.
  • Options

@alpacina Thanks. It just struck me as so odd because she and I were never friends. I knew her from 4th-8th grade but that was all. Definitely more understandable in your situation with a high school friend! Your dinner sounds amazing, I love lamb and tzaziki (which is what it sounds like).

• Options

Otherwise, things are good! I'll try to be around a little more. Don't forget about me!! 
    @GoldenPenguin-

• Options

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin Your dream just made me LOL! Also, @labro said that Violet loves to talk to people like our old golden Bella did and she said that her and Violet had full on conversations.

I would just like to say I'm extremely jealous and I want to have conversations with Violet!!!
  • Options
    @Goldenpenguin Violet is "goldening" so hard in that picture lol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards