Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Post wedding blues.

It is the weekend after my wedding and my husband is at work and I'm sitting here looking at the shower thank you notes to finish and thinking about the wedding. I'm so glad the stress is over but I miss all the family that was here and the fun. I guess I'll just have to entertain more often.  At least I have a honeymoon in a month to look forward to.
Anniversary

Re: Post wedding blues.

• Options
    I felt the same way a week after, but now (3 weeks) it doesn't bother me that much.
  • Options
    I know the feeling. I can't believe we have been married 10 months already. Time really does fly by. And our wedding day went by so fast. I often think about wearing my dress again esp when I am looking at our pics.
  • Options
    Ditto MissySue. We've also been married 10 months, and I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I've thrown myself into decorating our home, and hosting all the friends and family it was so amazing to see the weekend of our wedding. We don't get to see them nearly enough, so now that we have space, I'm focusing on entertaining and creating our home. :)
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. We got married on a Saturday and didn't leave for the HM until the next Thursday. Those few day in between were so boring and a let down to what I thought married life was going to "feel" like.
    Look forward to the HM and have fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm concerned this will happen to me. We are getting married in July and have been planning since Feb 2010. We are going on an HM about 3 weeks after the wedding. I'm not so concerned about those 3 weeks because I think I'll be busy getting thank you notes out and planning for the HM but after that when its back to normal life I'm concerned and I know I will need to get a hobby for sure!
  • Options
    Yeah- we've also been married for 10 months and I'm not sure if the wedding nostalgia ever goes away. I was so excited to get married to the man I love, that I hadn't anticipated how amazing it was going to be to have almost every single person I loved in every domain of my life there with us! The event is probably really salient for you since it happened only a week ago! But, the more sad nostalgia will eventually become happy. :)
  • Options
    My husband probably felt the wedding blues more than myself but it's due to the fact that we spent so much time planning and spending and withing 24 hours it was all "history". I am so grateful forour wedding. We wouldn't change anything, everything went how we wanted it to and the vibe in the room from friends and family was wonderful. I look forward to us receiving our pictures and video!
  • Options
    ahhhhhhhhh i cant wait for my wedding day!! congrats to all you !Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got married on Saturday and I'm SOOO glad it's over.  I can finally have my lunch breaks back without having to make phone calls and trying to squeeze everything in during business hours.  And I love not feeling so busy!  The day was great and everything turned out perfect, but I worked my ass off for it and I'm ready to veg out for a bit.  No blues here, just anxiously awaiting pictures!
  • Options
    I got married April 30th...havent had a free moment to think about it!! I do miss that it is over, but it hasnt sunk in that it really is done with yet...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Totally agree with the original poster.  Those days prior to the wedding were filled with positive, fun activity, and the wedding and HM were spectacular.  Now we have lives filled with ordinary tasks, and older sickly parents who need help with paperwork, and cars that need the oil changed, and ordinary jobs that have had an extraordinary amount of change - mostly negative change - since we were married.  Sure, that's REAL LIFE that EVERYBODY deals with.  But it's quite a drop from those pre-wedding planning days...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards