Wedding Woes
Options

Cameras, self pleasure, guilt, paranoia...this one has it all.

DEAR ABBY: I'm a 19-year-old woman in college who still lives with my parents. I found out something several weeks ago that's bothering me, and I need advice badly.

Years ago, after a robbery, my parents installed security cameras outside our house. I knew about them because they were visible. But apparently some were installed that I knew nothing about.

I have done things while alone to help control certain feelings, and I have also walked around without much on when my parents were away and never thought anything about it. Ever since I found out, I have been freaking out.

I don't want to make a big deal about it because I'm afraid if my parents didn't look at anything before, then they will now. I want to know if they have seen what I was doing. Part of me says to ignore this because they're family -- so who cares. My parents have never said anything about seeing me.

We're Catholics, and I have heard the lecture about avoiding self-gratification ever since I can remember. I'm very careful about what I do now, but I am still bothered. Should I just forget and move on, or should I ask? -- POSSIBLY PARANOID

Re: Cameras, self pleasure, guilt, paranoia...this one has it all.

• Options
    She's 19, move out and get an apartment...  Gosh there's a million ways I could go with this LOL  Maybe she needs to watch American Pie given the little Band Camp Girl she is...
  • Options
    That's really awkward - why wouldn't the parents tell their own daughter where all the cameras were?  That's also a little sinister - it almost sounds like they wanted to keep tabs on her too.  If my parents had put up a hidden camera in my house, I would have confronted them regardless of what I might have done in front of it.  She doesn't have to mention that she is worried about what they've seen - she should just mention that she isn't comfortable with being surronded by hidden cameras, which is a NORMAL reaction. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards