Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

any ideas please?

We already have our ceremony written out pretty much word for word but now im kinda thinking i dont want to do the sand ceremony anymore, everyone is doing that, but i dont want the candle either, and i do want some sort of unity thing, something that lasts forever. But i cant think of anything. Any ideas??

Re: any ideas please?

• my FI didnt want to do any of these either so he thought of  a tree ceremony. and you two water it and the officiant says something about the growth of the tree symbolizing you love. we are doing a flowering cherry tree but you can do anything that you want
  • In Response to Re:any ideas please?:[QUOTE]my FI didnt want to do any of these either so he thought ofnbsp; a tree ceremony. and you two water it and the officiant says something about the growth of the tree symbolizing you love. we are doing a flowering cherry tree but you can do anything that you want Posted by boomboom1243[/QUOTE] haha i just read your post about it from awhile ago
    lol. That does sound like a very pretty idea. I love cherry blossoms! I think they are so beauitful. Thanks i will run it by FI!
  • We're going to sign the marriage certificate during that time.
  • We are doing that too :
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_any-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:4e7ad7c9-3a0c-448f-a7c5-e678b39be83aPost:8be844a2-cf4c-45b3-91c7-b9ea33454464">Re:any ideas please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:any ideas please?: haha i just read your post about it from awhile ago lol. That does sound like a very pretty idea. I love cherry blossoms! I think they are so beauitful. Thanks i will run it by FI!
    Posted by dkk05310609[/QUOTE]
     yea just be careful about the type of cherry tree i read some die in 5 years or so we wouldnt want ur love to end then!! (symbolically speaking!)
  • edited July 2012
    thanks! But we came up with an idea, still have to work the details out though. FI does volunteer firefighting and i grew up in the mountains, so looking at all the rustic outdoors type deco we decided we are gonna do some pyrography... wood burning... get a slab of wood and a soldering iron and burn sometype of saying or intials or something into the wood together. But i have to come up with a saying that isnt tacky, wouldnt take an hr to burn lol and a description to go with it. And i know the church says no open flame but that isnt an open flame so i just have to run it by the church...so ya thats my idea lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_any-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:4e7ad7c9-3a0c-448f-a7c5-e678b39be83aPost:df028337-2fa4-4c66-96cd-a2307cbc5005">Re:any ideas please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:any ideas please?:In Response to Re:any ideas please?:In Response to Re:any ideas please?: haha i just read your post about it from awhile ago lol. That does sound like a very pretty idea. I love cherry blossoms! I think they are so beauitful. Thanks i will run it by FI!Posted by dkk05310609nbsp;yea just be careful about the type of cherry tree i read some die in 5 years or so we wouldnt want ur love to end then!! symbolically speaking! Posted by boomboom1243 thanks! But we came up with an idea, still have to work the details out though. FI does volunteer firefighting and i grew up in the mountains, so looking at all the rustic outdoors type deco we decided we are gonna do some pyrography... wood burning... get a slab of wood and a soldering iron and burn sometype of saying or intials or something into the wood together. But i have to come up with a saying that isnt tacky, wouldnt take an hr to burn lol and a description to go with it. And i know the church says no open flame but that isnt an open flame so i just have to run it by the church...so ya thats my idea lol
    Posted by dkk05310609[/QUOTE]

OH thats awesome!!!!! I llike that very personalized!!! Hopefully they dont object!
  • We're doing a wine box ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards