Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Need Help Choosing Colors!

I am having an indoor/outdoor wedding. The building is all brick and my wedding is planned for the beginning of November. I cannot, for the life of me, choose colors. I know I want Navy Blue, but I cannot find any colors I like to go with it (that fits into Fall.) 

Re: Need Help Choosing Colors!

• Options
    Navy is a neutral, so all colors go with it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Navy and green - CLICK
    Navy and pink - CLICK
    Navy and yellow - CLICK
    Navy and white - CLICK
    Navy and purple - CLICK

And if you were interested in playing up the fall theme since your wedding is in November...CLICK

But like Addie said, navy is a neutral so pretty much anything will go with it.

• Options
    Navy and green - CLICK
    Navy and pink - CLICK
    Navy and yellow - CLICK
    Navy and white - CLICK
    Navy and purple - CLICK

And if you were interested in playing up the fall theme since your wedding is in November...CLICK

But like Addie said, navy is a neutral so pretty much anything will go with it.
    I loved the navy and green. But watch out for some of the combos. The navy and yellow reminded me more of Michigan colors than anything. Just watch out for college sports colors.
  • Options
    This is pretty much the scheme I'm using for my September wedding.  Navy fits right in with it very well, my mom is going to wear navy and my MOH might as well.  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fa/9e/b2/fa9eb27f8223af93baf93e7a29d0d55f.jpg  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Here's another one showing ideas for navy with the darker/burned orange.  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/83/85/7c838561c8c36458041181b54e089faa.jpg  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I love @julieanne912  's suggestion of navy with the darker/burned orange! If you're like my fiance though he sees blue and orange and things denver broncos (I accidentally had designed our rehearsal dinner invites in those colors and he requested I change them!) 

Like PP said Navy is such a neutral color it goes with pretty much everything. Personally I'm doing black and white which looks classic with hints of dark hunter green for some fun. It's coming together really well and I love it. You could do that with Navy as well and I bet it'd look great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I loved these photos so much that now I want a do-over, so I can replicate them. 
  • Options
    I love @julieanne912  's suggestion of navy with the darker/burned orange! If you're like my fiance though he sees blue and orange and things denver broncos (I accidentally had designed our rehearsal dinner invites in those colors and he requested I change them!) 

Like PP said Navy is such a neutral color it goes with pretty much everything. Personally I'm doing black and white which looks classic with hints of dark hunter green for some fun. It's coming together really well and I love it. You could do that with Navy as well and I bet it'd look great.
    Ha, we are in Broncos country but I didn't even think of that.  In that case I'd go more with the golds and darker reds to go with the navy... sort of a darkened version of primary colors.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Something that is useful is looking at sports teams that incorporate Navy and another color. They put a lot of thought into choosing those colors because of their appeal and how they look together. You could also put navy wedding colors into Google and you will get a ton of color options. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Don't get yourself stuck in a box where you need "wedding colors" like were listed above. No need to limit yourself like that, and force everything to be all matchy-matchy. Instead of "navy and orange", why not do something like "Nave, white, and silver, with autumn flowers". 

Think more about interior design (a great living room, or a fabulous restaurant) than "wedding colors". Or event think about some favorite outfits (either yours, or other people's). Chances are there are more than 2 colors used in these things. I mean, even if your favorite outfit is jeans and a white t-shirt...maybe you're also wearing black shoes and gold earrings and pink lipstick. Your colors could be light blue and white primarily, with hints of black and gold. White table cloths, light blue bridesmaids, gold vases with colorful pink flowers, and black-and-white place cards. 

In my opinion, the easiest way to make your wedding seem cookie-cutter and dated is to pick a duo of colors and do your whole wedding that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards