Louisiana-New Orleans

Wax Museum Closing- Need Advice

Does anybody have any alternative location suggestions that are similar to the wax museum? I had my heart set on it and my wedding planners just let us know that the establishment has been sold and will not be having weddings there anymore starting in 2016. 

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Wax Museum Closing- Need Advice

• I'm so sad they're closing as well! It was a top pick for us. Have you found anything else? 
  • @tdknottie It all depends on your budget.  The Paris Room (right around the corner on Saint Louis Street, above Cafe Soule) is fabulously priced, very inclusive in their packaging and is managed by a girl named Jessica, who is very helpful.  The Irish Cultural Museum is also an awesome venue with great prices and inclusive packaging.  It's also family owned, which is nice.  Those are just a few in that area.  You could head down to Decatur and go for places like Pat O's on the River or the River Room, which are more expensive, but somewhat inclusive in packaging.  The Jackson on the River is there too.  It's new, but when I checked into it, was somewhat expensive and less inclusive.  There's also the Pharmacy Museum, which is in the Quarter and is pretty much a la carte (which basically means you bring everything).  However, it's very popular and an awesome venue.

Let me know if you need more suggestions or more info. You can always PM if you like.

You said "planners," does that mean you've hired Toni and Joy from Down Annie Lane?  Just wondering!  They are so sweet!
  • Yes, I hired Down Annie Lane.  We are touring venues at the end of the month.  So excited to see all the places they recommended for us. We are aiming for a location that has indoor ceremony space, so that is making it a bit more challenging.  

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards