• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Groom Changing Last Name

Does anyone know how this would work? My fiance is dropping his last name and changing it to mine (so we will be Mr and Mrs Mylastname). Can we just do it like girls do and take the marriage certificate to the SSA and have them change his name on his SS card and then go from there (drivers license, etc.), or will this old traditional world make life so much more complicated? I'd thought we were going to have to do a formal, court-laden name change, but I'm not so sure now.

We live in Arkansas, by the way, if that matters at all.


This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards