Not Engaged Yet
Options

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• Options

@TwoDimes - Yes, my hair mostly does that on its own, haha. I really need my bangs cut shorter so it looks less weighed down, but I just blow dry my hair partially, let it air dry a bit to let a little bit of curl in, and then finish blow drying.

@Swazzle - Thank you for the Macy's tip! I really did love the feel of the blazer, and I realize that I need a new one because I've stretched out all my others.

@speakeasy14 - My favorite blazer ever came from Guess. But it was white, and I am terrible at eating and at keeping white things clean enough, so now I have a not-white blazer that I barely wear, haha. I LOVE Banana Republic!

@minskat - *blush* You're hella pretty.......... I'm guessing someone went "Hey, people love 80s stuff right now, but they also love 70s fringe stuff right now. Let's combine them!" It's a shame it was so soft and comfy. They shouldn't waste such a great feeling on something so hideous.

• Options
    @alpacina I saw that fringe shirt on the FB SF page and thought it was hideous!

@pambeesly524 I'd probably only keep the first shirt since it seems like that's the only thing you really like. Yeah I can not get on board with $98 pants that don't fit me perfectly!

• Options
    I feel like I would really like @alpacina's sweatshirt if there was no fringe. #judgeaway

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @AlPacina DYING at that doily sweatshirt atrocity. Please tell me that shirt is not indicative of future trends! Also, looooooove that bag! 

@pambeesley524 I really like that cutout top a lot on you. It's very cute and flattering! I vote no on the blazer, and yes on the polka dots. :)

• Options
    @eilis1228, nice shirt and pretty scarf! I agree, the cardigan is a little strange when unzipped.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - I fucking love that dress on you. You're on the fence, so I figured I should be totally honest. The scarf and shirt are amazing! And if you're comfortable wearing the sweater as a top, I think it looks awesome. But most of my sweaters are tops, so I may be biased on that one too due to personal style.

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I agree with @AlPacina on the dress...it looks amazing.  But the cardigan is a little weird.  I love a good cardigan (I am a professor, after all), but I don't think that's a good cardigan.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 Agree with everyone on that first dress... It seriously looks amazing on you. Not sure what you do for work, etc. but I feel like it could even be paired with booties, a pair of tights and a cardigan and be dressed down a little -- you might get a little more use out of it for the cost.

The second dress is so unflattering, and I agree that the sweater is weird. I'm not a fan of random zippers like that. Love the cozy scarf and the plaid though! I'm jealous of you, your fix was way more autumnal than mine was! 
  • Options
    I still think you should get the dress.  I love, love, love, love, love it on you.  LOVE IT.

Also a huge fan of the plaid shirt and that scarf.  Not so much the sweater.  I might like it better if it were made for a petite.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 the first dress looks amazing on you! If you really really wanted to get it, you could pair it with a cardigan or blazer for work.  I love the top you're keeping and the scarf!  The last sweater is cute zipped, but I think the reason it looks weird unzipped is because it isn't petite.  I have asymmetrical blazers and they shouldn't lay like that. 
  • Options
    Jumping in to peer pressure @eilis1228 to keep that dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's freaking gorgeous on you! A perfect fit! And you can wear that for ALL THE THINGS! Fancy date on your honeymoon, yes! Special event like a party, yes! Dress it down for work, yes!!!!

• Options

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin - I absolutely LOVE both dolmans and the cardigans (I'm biased!). Those pants are basically awkward capris on you so I'm glad you're sending them back :)

• Options
    @TwoDimes @GoldenPenguin is mine!

@GoldenPenguin I love your fix and agree 100% with all your decisions. How much did they want for the scarf? Also, your face is the most adorable and I love you!

• Options
    @LaBro

I think the scarf was $38. Way too much for me. If I had loved the jeans, I probably would have kept it & tried to sell it, but back it goes!

• Options
    @goldenpenguin the pants are cute for a crop.  I love everything you decided to keep! Also, the scarf looks cute on you. Your boobs are cut off so can't say if it makes them look even bigger. 
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin Yeah, I think that would be my only hesitation with keeping accessories from StitchFix. I hate paying as much for a scarf as I would a top. Granted, I HAVE paid that much for a scarf one time, but it was a really nice scarf!

• Options

Man, that striped dolman looks great on everyone!

• Options

• Options
    @goldenpenguin, I love both dolmans, but especially the striped one!
  • Options
    @eilis1228 That sweater is really awkward IMO and I think it looks big since you're so small. I don't wear dresses often so wouldn't spend that much on it but I know you like dresses so go with your gut on that one.

@GoldenPenguin I got the same dolman in my last fix and I've worn it twice so far. I also got those same skinny jeans 2 fixes ago and they fit me perfectly (not cropped at all) since I'm only 5'2. Are they supposed to be cropped? I definitely need to check out the Lauren Conrad skinnies!

• Options
    @eilis1228 That sweater is really awkward IMO and I think it looks big since you're so small. I don't wear dresses often so wouldn't spend that much on it but I know you like dresses so go with your gut on that one.

@GoldenPenguin I got the same dolman in my last fix and I've worn it twice so far. I also got those same skinny jeans 2 fixes ago and they fit me perfectly (not cropped at all) since I'm only 5'2. Are they supposed to be cropped? I definitely need to check out the Lauren Conrad skinnies!
    I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be cropped :( I'm 5'9" - they just didn't hit me at the right length for anything. I really loved the feel of them - they were super soft & comfy, and the color was gorgeous (and they made my butt look GOOD.) The LC skinnies I got come in short, regular, and long, and I got the longs and they are perfect - so maybe I need to request long lengths with SF too? 

• Options
    @twodimes: LINK

I got the jeggings in black & the green - they split them up for some reason, which is why I just linked to the whole page :) 

• Options

I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be cropped :( I'm 5'9" - they just didn't hit me at the right length for anything. I really loved the feel of them - they were super soft & comfy, and the color was gorgeous (and they made my butt look GOOD.) The LC skinnies I got come in short, regular, and long, and I got the longs and they are perfect - so maybe I need to request long lengths with SF too? 
    I would probably try requesting long lengths. Jeans are usually a little long on me in general but my SF jeans have been the perfect length and I was surprised because I didn't request petite and there was nothing indicating they were petite or cropped. Maybe some of their brands run short. 

• Options
    Side note - does anyone know how strict SF is on their "return within 3 days" rule? I got my fix on Tuesday so technically my 3rd day is tomorrow. I usually bring my return bag in to work and put it in the outgoing mail but I'm working from home tomorrow.. I'm wondering if waiting til Monday is a big no-no or not.
  • Options
    Side note - does anyone know how strict SF is on their "return within 3 days" rule? I got my fix on Tuesday so technically my 3rd day is tomorrow. I usually bring my return bag in to work and put it in the outgoing mail but I'm working from home tomorrow.. I'm wondering if waiting til Monday is a big no-no or not.
    They're not strict at all. If it's going to be really delayed, you can just email CS and let them know. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards