Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• @Swazzle  Great fix! I wouldn't have thought about changing the age but that makes since. I'm glad those changes worked out for you!! I stinking love those pants, I need to ask for a pair on my next fix.....
  • @GoldenPenguin - I loooooooooooove the pants and the striped shirt on you! I really really want to like the cardigan but I feel like the cut in the front is weird and boxy. I agree about the dolman, not my favorite. The dress is really pretty but if you don't think you'll be comfortable in it, you won't wear it, so it's not worth keeping it! 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    @GoldenPenguin Definitely keep the dress! I love the color and the fit on you and Spanx will help you feel more comfortable (but I think you look great anyway!). I'm not crazy about the cardi or the dolman top...the shape of this one doesn't seem to do much for you. I LOVE everything else you received!!!

ETA: I'm super jealous of that dress btw. I requested a dressy outfit for holiday parties....which my stylist seemed to think translated into pre-ripped charcoal boyfriend jeans, a faux leather jacket, and the tulip blouse that didn't fit.

• @goldenpenguin, I love the dress! I think you look awesome in it.
  • edited December 2015
    My Dec SF came today. Not impressed. Pics attached because whenever I put them IN the post no one can see them.

1. Market & Spruce Lawford Knit Top $58
    SUPER thin and I've been asking for WARM sweaters for winter. The top sits weird and just flops around.  The brown part is like faux leather. Ridiculously overpriced IMO.

2.RD style Tinna Pocket Detail Open Cardigan $68
    Meh. The sleeves are really long and it's just not doing anything for me, especially at $68.

3. RD Style Twisted Seam Pull-Over Sweater $64
    Blah

4. Look by M Sammie Plaid Infinity Scarf $34
    Love infinity scarves but I already have a couple plaid shirts and I kind of don't want any more plaid items because I don't want to be the most basic of bitches.

5. Liverpool Rizzo Skinny Pant $$98
    I was most looking forward to a new pair of black skinny pants. That's what I asked for. Apparently these are a client favorite according to my stylist.. Not for me. They're pull on pants, and really really long. I'm 5'2. So disappointed because all my pants so far from SF have been the perfect length. 

I don't want to lose my $20 but I don't really like anything from this box. I feel like none of it looks good on my body. Boo. 

ETA aaand it posted without me adding pics

• @lavenderfields13, disappointing Fix. Sorry nothing worked out.
  • @lavenderfields13 That was a sad fix. I hate how they send out crazy expensive scarfs.... Super disappointing about the pants! Did you ask about if they have a shorter pair available? 
  • @lavenderfields13 - I actually really like everything on you! That sucks that you're not feeling any of it, though :disappointed: 

• @lavenderfields13 I got that Market and Spruce top in my first fix and it is one of my favorite things to wear! The leather trim on mine is more of a camel color versus a dark brown but I'm so sad you aren't in love with it. I also love the cardigan! I think the sleeves are supposed to be kind of long, it goes in with the whole slightly over-sized comfy look, plus I love the color! Again, I'm sorry you aren't really feeling anything from your fix though. :(

• @labro I think I would need a smaller size in the first top, it's too loose around my midsection and I actually like tops looser there. And the v cut part just didn't lay right. I don't have the boobs to keep everything in place up there! :wink:

@swazzle, thanks I just didn't feel good in any of it

@justsie I didn't like the style of the pants anyways so I'm not even going to bother checking for a different length.  

• @lavenderfields13 I LOVE that first top - I remember absolutely adoring it on @labro. I also really like the cardigan & the scarf! If you like the scarf, you could keep it so not to lose your styling fee - I really thing the "basic bitch" thing is SO silly to worry about. 

So the cords I really wanted to keep - I wore them yesterday and they were falling off of me!! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but now I'm not going to keep them. I emailed customer service to see if they came in the next size down, and they don't, so back they go. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• lol @GoldenPenguin it was more of a little joke. The scarf is ok, I just don't love it. If I keep anything that will be it since it's the cheapest and I don't love anything! 

• @lavenderfields13 - I don't blame you for not loving anything. I feel like nothing fits you exactly right, even though everything looks nice. What a bummer fix!..... I do think the scarf is cute. Although I'd be more likely to keep an oversized sweater as something comfy to wear around the house. But if it's not even extra comfortable then $60+ is not reasonable. I'd request a new stylist if you decide to do another round with SF.

• @AlPacina I have had a different stylist every single time! I wonder if they keep switching my stylist since I usually only keep 1 thing? I once kept all 5 things and I may have had the same girl for the next one after that but that's it. 

• @lavenderfields13 - It's probably a combination between what you keep and how you fill out that final survey when you check out. I've really liked the girl that was styling mine, but I really didn't love my last fix (and wrote so in the survey) so I hope that when I start up again they don't give me someone different!

• Stitch Fix 4.

I know I said I wasn't going to do it. Then I got a coupon waiving my stylist fee and thought that I might as well, if I didn't like the box I could just send it back and not be out anything.

Holy cow. They knocked it out of the park and my photos aren't going to do this justice.

Romolo Riley Cube Layering Necklace - $28 (kept)
    Margaret M Emer Printed Straight Leg Pant - $98 (kept)
    41Hawthorn Queensland Dolman Jersey Top - $48 (kept)

Holy crap the dolman is so soft. So very very soft. And comfortable. The pants are a little short, but with ankle boots they're fine. The necklace is my style as well.

Market & Spruce Memphis Lace Overlay Knit Shirt - $58 (kept)
    Market & Spruce Kristah Ruffle Knit Blazer - $78 (kept)

(Wow what's up with the flash? Sorry.)

More winners. The top is basically a t-shirt with a lace overlay - it's a little wrinkled, it really won't look that stupid usually. The blazer is a little snug across the chest, but since I won't wear it buttoned, it won't matter, and the back detail is a lot of fun.
  • I have that blazer and I love it! The back detail is the best part about it! Just a word of warning for it, the fabric and the seams are very delicate on mine, I got a small hole in one of the arms (where it's easily hidden when I roll up the sleeves which I was doing anyway). It's completely my fault on the hole, I am pretty rough on my clothes and working in a psych hospital the patients can be too. 
  • @KeptInStitches - I LOVE the back of that blazer! And the print on those pants is so fun! Hell yea for the discount!

• Whaaaat, how did you get that coupon? That sounds amazing.. I'm jealous that your ruffled blazer fits, mine was way too small but I did like it. It looks great on you!
  • My 18th Fix arrived last week! 

At first glance, I was leaning towards keeping everything. In the end, though, I only kept the striped shirt. I really liked the jeans but didn't love the wash and so I found them at Nordstrom in a color I like and for $30 less. The jacket was very out of my comfort zone but I did like it on me. I kept a jacket in a past Fix for the same reason and haven't worn it so I couldn't justify keeping this one. The green top was cut and very much my style but the sparkles in it make it hard for me to want to wear. The cardigan was really soft and I can never have too many but the cut was strange up by the neckline so back that went too. 

• I liked everything, @Swazzle!  The shirt you ended up keeping is very cute.
  • @swazzle I like everything, but the cardigan.  I don't get the neck.
  • @swazzle - I'm a creepy lurker to this thread all the time but I love all of those clothes on you!  
  • @swazzle gimme that blazer! Do you know what it was called? I might ask for it in a future fix, although I'm taking a break with it right now. love the shirt you kept too.
  • @PamBeesly524 - I'll check the style card and get back to you! 

• I liked everything as well swazzle, I love some texture in a cardigan. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards