Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• @caseface5 - The color of those jeans!! <3 I love love love the maxi on you. I'm not crazy about the black sweater or the last top.

I like the necklace, but I personally would only keep it if it meant the discount - I turned off jewelry on mine because even though it was cute, it was WAY expensive for what it was, and I could get similar pieces at Target/Kohls/Charming Charlies.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ok ladies, I just got my early birthday fix and I need some help if you don't mind! This was an expensive fix, and when I peeked I thought I might end up loving everything, but there is at least one and probably two definite send backs - which my bank account will thank me for.

Blank NYC Dargo Real Suede Moto Jacket $198

Oh my goodness. I am in love. I really really want to keep this. You can't tell from the pictures really, but it's this great shade of dark burgundy and the most buttery soft suede. It's completely amazing. The only drawback (besides price!) is that it will not quite zip up over my chest; but, I'm unlikely to wear this style of jacket zipped anyway. Seriously leaning towards keeping this.

Margaret M Emer High Waisted Trouser $98
    Loveappella Jessie Draped Front Terry Knit Cardigan $64

Leaning towards keeping the pants. They are a good, comfy basic black pant and I will get a lot of wear out of them at work. They're also a good length for me, which can be a challenge. They are a TINY bit big in the waist, but I think a size down may be too small. I could return and request to try the smaller size next time, but I know the Emers can be sort of hard to come by so who knows if I'll get them again any time soon.

The cardigan is just meh. It fits OK and I'd probably keep it to get the discount if I was keeping everything else, but I'm not wowed by it and will probably return it.

Margaret M Emer Printed Straight Leg Pant $98

I love the color and the print on these. I SO want to keep them. Unfortunately they are a different cut than the others and obviously too big in the waist - and I think also the hip/tummy. They are also too long. I think these have to go back :( I am going to ask for the same pants in a size smaller in my next fix, though.

Karen Kane Carlata Ponte Dress $118

This is a definite no. It's an XL but fits like an L. It looks OK in this pic, but I'm really sucking my tummy in here. There's no way I could wear this without shape wear, and that's not what I'm looking for in a casual summer dress. 

So I'm looking at a potential 2/5 right now. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you think I should try sending the black Emers back and asking for a smaller size? What do you think of the rest of the items?

Im your huckleberry gif Val Kilmer Tombstone Imgur
  • @relliotts - The jacket is so cute! I would definitely email CS and see if they have a smaller size in the Emers. I've gotten one pair and I LOVED them so much but it wasn't in the budget (and I'm on WW so hopefully losing weight therefore they'd be a waste of money. 

• I love the burgundy jacket!!!
  • I love the jacket too! One question - will that belt bother you if you don't wear it zipped? I personally would be annoyed at that flapping around all the time while I wore it, but I do agree with you that it looks great open. I also personally love that cardigan but I'm a sucker for comfy stuff :)
  • That jacket is so cute!! I would email them, worst thing they can say is no.
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @relliotts I'm personally not a fan of short jackets all all even though I think the style of moto jackets is super cute....I just can't stand a jacket that's hitting right at the waist! But it's your birthday and YOU love it so I keep it!

My thoughts on everything else - I would definitely consider keeping the black Emers and taking them in to a tailor. If you'll get a lot of wear of out them then I think they are for sure worth keeping!!

I actually really love the printed dress but agree that if you don't feel comfortable in it then don't get it.

Definitely see about getting the pink Emers in another size because I LOVE THEM!!!

• My only concern with requesting the smaller Emers is that once you exchange you are stuck with the item, so if the Large doesn't fit I'm out of luck. I'm pretty sure I could sell them on a buy/sell/trade board, though.

I sew, so I can actually take in the waist on the black pair no problem. I could possibly even tailor the other pair (I could definitely at least shorten the hem). I'm just not sure I want to spend the $100 on pants that I have to put a lot of work in to. But I do really love them! Ugh!

@PamBeesly524 the belt won't bother me.  I can actually zip halfway and fasten the belt if I really wanted to.

@labro I tend to wear short jackets because I feel like they help to define my waist when they hit in the right place. I have a couple dresses in particular that I like to wear a shorter jacket with, so this would work.

Now that I've slept on it the prices are outweighing my excitement a little bit. If I keep the jacket and both Emers, it actually makes more sense to just keep everything since it would only be $18 more to make it a 5/5. I know for sure I can sell the dress on the boards. I'm going to go home and try things on again and spend some time wearing them around the house before I make my final decisions.
  • labrolabro member
    @relliotts My opinion is that good clothes are worth tailoring. If it's something you'll get a lot of wear out of, that extra $15-$20 (taking in the waist shouldn't cost a ton of $$$) is totally worth it.

• relliottsrelliotts member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for your feedback everyone! I just checked out, and in the end I decided to only keep the suede moto jacket. 

Although the black Emers fit OK and I definitely would have worn them, I couldn't justify the cost this time around if I was keeping the jacket.  I did email and ask about a smaller size in the coral Emers, and while they were able to find a large, I was worried that they would end up too small.  I have a pretty small waist in relation to my hips, and I think while a large would probably fit my waist it would be too tight in the hips. I did ask them to send a large to try in my next fix if possible.

I also asked to keep this stylist going forward.  She really did an amazing job  with my fix, and it was really apparent from her note that she took a lot of time to read through my style profile, notes, and Pinterest to get a feel for my style and the types of items I would want.  I hope she is able to keep styling me in the future!

Edited to add: I noticed last night when I was doing my final try-on before the big decision that the zipper on the moto jacket seemed to be broken.  I couldn't get it zipped about 99% of the time I tried, both while wearing it and while it was laying flat, and when it did zip I really had to almost force it.  While this wasn't a deal breaker since like I said I won't wear it zipped much anyway, I did want to see if they could offer me something since it was defective. I emailed them and they gave me 15% off of the jacket, which I felt was very fair.  I'm overall very pleased with my SF experience since restarting the service.  Thanks again for helping me decide to give them another try!
  • Has anyone ever had an issue with the price points of the items in a fix? In my style profile every option is set to "The cheaper the better!" and yet I just peeked at my fix that's coming today and they're sending me $160 sandals, two $68 tops, a $58 jean jacket, and a $138 dress. The only thing that I would even consider keeping for those prices is the jacket. Is it worth emailing customer service about? I'm not sure if they'd do anything for me.
  • @PamBeesly524 - Their CS is really great so it definitely can't hurt to reach out. I agree, those prices are a bit much. They sent me a $130 (I think) cardigan once and it actually hurt to send back because I loved it so much but I was definitely not spending that. 

• @Swazzle Thanks! I think I'm definitely going to reach out. I'd be fine with one item being a little pricey - I'd just send it back, but all of them except the jacket?! It feels like a waste of a fix.
  • labrolabro member
    @PamBeesly524 AGH those sandals had better have real gold accents or something for that price!! I would definitely email CS since they don't seem to be taking your price points seriously. I've paid that much for shirts before but I have to really really love them....

• @PamBeesly524 - Since I'm a total shoe hoar, I'd love to see the sandals they're sending you!

• PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @Swazzle I think they are these ones.. To me the color looks dirty and they have way too much going on (can't get the pic to embed):

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=107180350
  • labrolabro member
    @PamBeesly524 Those definitely DO NOT look like $160 sandals...wtf StitchFix?

• @labro I know! And i follow a lot of stitchfix boards, etc. and I've seen a TON of cute shoes people have gotten that are similar but way cheaper... So I don't really get it.
  • @PamBeesly524 - Ick I don't blame you! DO NOT like.

• @PamBeesly524 - I'd definitely reach out to them. That's the same setting I have and I've never received anything over $80. Most of the tops I get average $40-60.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ok guys I need your help... Here's my stuff. Thoughts? Ignore my awful faces.. Long day.

I asked for a jean jacket but idk about this one... The way I'm standing in the pic makes my hips look weird but it didn't look like that in person. But does it hit me in a bad place? It also has this print on it and idk how i feel about it:

I emailed SF customer service about the $$$ issue and they basically said the only thing they'd do is put a note in my file to not send expensive stuff and if I didn't want anything in the fix to send it back and they would refund my styling fee. But I might want some of this stuff! One idea I had is to sell the shoes and whatever else I don't want in a fb group and get the discount.

• labrolabro member
    @PamBeesly524 Do you have interest in the shoes already? I wouldn't try to sell unless you think it's a sure thing...otherwise you're stuck with them.

FWIW, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue top on you and the dress! They are beautiful! I'm not 100% on the jean jacket with the dress but I think it's a nice jacket and I'd keep it if you think you would get a lot of wear with it with other outfits.

I liked the pink shirt but I don't love it like I do the blue one.

• I'm with @labro, I love love love the dress.  However, I'm kind of "meh" about the jacket.  I've got 3 jean jackets... a lighter, more casual one from AE (I've had it years and years), a dark, dressier one from Target, and a cropped one from LOFT.  I think you could find one that you love for less, if the jacket is $$$.  If you're short (like me), you might like the fit better with a petite jacket.  I found mine at LOFT Outlet.  It'll hit you a little bit higher than your hips and slim you down, if the fit bothers you.  They have a couple in the LOFT Petite section online right now!
  • @PamBeesly524 I love the dress and the blue shirt! The jean jacket is okay, like @labro said I wouldn't do it with the dress, however I have a jean jacket and never wear it, so there's that too. The pink shirt is just okay for me and I'm not a fan of those shoes either. 
    friends tv show funy
  • I love that dress on you, you definitely need to keep that! I really like the pink shirt on you but I'm not crazy about the color. The blue shirt is meh to me, it looks to big. I have a dark wash jean jacket that I got from Old Navy a few years ago and it's really held up and wasn't expensive at all. I don't love the wash on that one they sent you. 

• @labro @CocoBellaF @caseface5 @Swazzle Thanks for the feedback! At first I thought I was only going to keep the jacket since that's what I asked for, but I think I'm definitely sending it back. it's only $55 but I'd rather get one that has a lighter wash and not that weird whisker stuff on it. I will definitely check out the Loft and Old Navy.

I think I'm definitely keeping the dress - not that I need "permission" but H told me to get it and joked that he was "putting his foot down" and to just forget about the $$. It makes me feel really pretty and I like that H likes me in it.

Still torn about the shirts! The more I look at the pink shirt the more I love it - I'm really not big on the color but I love the pattern and it's so soft. I like the blue one too.. But they are both $68! I could get multiple cute spring tops from other stores for that money, I just need to do some searching.

• @PamBeesly524 - I think you'd regret not keeping the dress.  You should always have a couple dresses that fit you perfectly and work for all kinds of events.  Weddings, work, date night, etc.  I love the dress on you and I'm so glad you're keeping it!

I also liked the pink top, but I'm not sure I would spend $68 on it.  I guess it just depends on how sad you would be if you sent it back!  
  • I think if you're on the fence about the pink top because of color, you should send it back and tell them you just didn't like the color and request it in a different one if they have it. 

Don't spend all that $$$ on something you don't love! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards