Wedding Etiquette Forum

Gift for 12 year old attendant

My twelve-year old grandson is not a groomsman, but to incorporate him into the wedding, he will read at the service. His little sister is flower girl, so she is getting an attendants gift (age appropriate). I am looking for ideas in the $30-35 range for grandson. I don't want him to get a traditional wedding type gift. Any suggestions?

Re: Gift for 12 year old attendant

• What did you get him for a holiday or birthday gift?  Does he like Lego's or does he have a portable gaming system for which you could get him a new game?  Does he go to movies with friends?  You could get him a gift card to his local movie theatre.    Does he have his own iPad or computer?  You could get him an iTunes, Amazon, or other online gift card.
  • My twelve-year old grandson is not a groomsman, but to incorporate him into the wedding, he will read at the service. His little sister is flower girl, so she is getting an attendants gift (age appropriate). I am looking for ideas in the $30-35 range for grandson. I don't want him to get a traditional wedding type gift. Any suggestions?
    What is an attendants gift?
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Buy for him like you would for his birthday or Christmas.
  • SP29 said:
    Buy for him like you would for his birthday or Christmas.
    This is a good idea - Cash is always a welcome gift to kids that age since it's that awkward "Tween" age. 
  • Is he a reader?  Get him a book.  Is he a sports nut?  Give him a t-shirt or hat of his favorite team.  Does he collect something?  Give him an addition to his collection.
  • justsie said:
    My twelve-year old grandson is not a groomsman, but to incorporate him into the wedding, he will read at the service. His little sister is flower girl, so she is getting an attendants gift (age appropriate). I am looking for ideas in the $30-35 range for grandson. I don't want him to get a traditional wedding type gift. Any suggestions?
    What is an attendants gift?

It is highly encouraged to buy all of your attendants a thank you gift for being in your bridal party.
  • Thank you all. I think I'm going to get him a Game Stop gift card or an Ohio State jersey.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards