Wedding Etiquette Forum

Office Showers

My office loves a party, and is throwing a bridal shower for one of my peers next week. I normally wouldnt think twice about it but with my own nuptuals in the near future it got me thinking etiquitte wise. How does etiuqette apply to these events?

Re: Office Showers

• Everyone who gets you a gift, group or individual, gets their own personalized thank you note. Not a blanket thank you note posted on the break room.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Are you asking about the etiquette of inviting people who attend pre-wedding events to the wedding?  If so, work showers are generally excluded.  If your colleagues throw you a shower, send thank yous, but don't feel obligated to invite them to the wedding.  For any other non-work shower or pre-wedding event, only those invited to the wedding should be invited to showers/pre-wedding events.

If this is not what you're asking, you need to be a bit more clear in what you're looking for.
  • Everyone who gets you a gift, group or individual, gets their own personalized thank you note. Not a blanket thank you note posted on the break room.

Unless it's a communal gift (not a shower thing).  My work wedding gift from work was from the gift fund that we all pay into at the beginning of each year.  I wasn't writing out 80+ notes cos everyone chipped in $20 in Sept that goes for everybody from weddings to babies to goodbye gifts.  

But yes, for showers, everyone there who got you something gets one.  

• I'm assuming you are asking if everyone who attends should be invited to the wedding.

Nope! I work at the main office of a regional bank. My department is throwing me a shower and has invited the whole main office (200+ people). Needless to say, I won't be inviting every person who comes to the work shower! I will be writing everyone who attends a personalized thank you note though.

I did opt to invite my department because we are very close, but that is not required either.

• I just had my work shower yesterday!  They completely, completely got me- I was SO surprised- and so thrilled! 

And, your question was vague, but I think the questions you are thinking of were answered by PP's:
    - not everyone who attends your work shower needs to be invited to your wedding
    - everyone who gives a gift- whether an individual gift, or communal- gets a personalized thank you note

Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards