Not Engaged Yet

SouthernPeach's Most Amazing and Extravagant Couples Shower!!!! AW and PIP

Omg! This weekend was a whirlwind and I am SO GLAD we're done now and life can go  back to normal (for me, I think southernpeach and her H have three more showers still between work, Crossfit and her H's family), poor them). I basically spent Friday night prepping what food I could, and baking cupcakes.

Saturday morning I woke up early and picked up the most delicious cake pops ever for the other half of our party favor, some flowers from Costco (after all of our drama with Costco last week they were still my only option for bulk pretty flowers and I just wanted everything to be perfect!) and a ton of ice. And then I started in to my frenzy of prepping yet more food, trying to get the house in order for all of our guests and in between trying to do some decorating. I was SO thankful that my mom showed up in the early afternoon and started helping because I never would've been able to do it all! I was basically in a HUGE frenzy right up until 5 when people started arriving. I BARELY pulled it off and it just would not have been possible without the extra help from my mom, @southernpeach89 and her H who saved the day with more ice (and balloons!). At the end of the day I think everyone had a great time. We only had one shower game - everyone had to drink beer from a baby bottle and whoever finished first was the winner. We opened presents a bit early and then everyone went back to more drinking and eating.

Things I'm so glad I did -

- I personally baked EVERYTHING from scratch. The brownies, the cupcakes, all of that, and it was SO amazing. I've never made any of these recipes before and I was just so impressed with how delicious they turned out. Here are links below if you are at all interested.

- Hired house cleaners. Soooo glad to just have that responsibility off my plate.

Things I wish I had done differently -

- Had less food. We had a ton of stuff that was barely touched or just wasn't eaten - salsa, pinwheel sandwiches, and we made way too many brats. I honestly blame TK for that. I get so stressed over having enough options and choices to suit every possible food preference (no-one attended who was vegan/vegetarian or with known food allergies) that I had too much variety of everything and therefore, not enough was eaten. I was literally sending people home with plates of food.

- Bought a plastic cupcake holder so I could've made the cupcakes further in advance. I was icing the cupcakes probably less than an hour before people go t there. It was really stressful and I was in a huge hurry. I should've gotten a nice sealed container for them so I could've made them Thursday night and just not worried about it.

- Hosted the shower in September. Darn you baby Callie for your September due date! Honestly, would've been nice to have had this later in the year. Friday night was gorgeous but Saturday turned in to a really humid day again so it just wasn't super comfortable outside until around 8 or 8:30.

ANYWAY! As it turns out, Costco somehow came through with the flowers. They showed up on Saturday just as my mom was pulling out of her driveway. So when she arrived we both rushed them in to a ton of vases and they really helped flesh out decor (especially since I didn't have time to do all the decor I wanted to do anyway!).

PICTURES!!!!
imageimage

Re: SouthernPeach's Most Amazing and Extravagant Couples Shower!!!! AW and PIP

• @labro You are seriously fucking amazing!! The time and energy you put in to all of this is SO sweet and @southernpeach89 is so lucky! OMG I want cupcakes!

• @labro is the best sister EVER! The shower was seriously a blast and we all had a great time. I stuffed my face and probably gained 100 more lbs but it was all so worth it. 

Also even though you made way too much food, we are enjoying eating all the leftovers lol.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    It sounds like you did an amazing job!  Everything looks gorgeous and it sounds like it was so much fun! Extra food is not necessarily a bad thing, now you won't have to cook for a while. 

Also, I can commiserate with the cupcakes taking forever.  I baked everything from scratch for my sister's shower.  Being the over achiever that I am I thought it would be great to have 4 differnent flavor cupcakes and buttercream.  I was up till 2am the night before her shower decorating cupcakes and had no time to do anything else. 
  • @labro - I said this in the other thread already but it deserves to be said again...this is freaking amazing!!!  Everything looks so beautiful!
  • @speakeasy14 I know, it's better to have more than enough rather than run out, but it was really frustrating to dump basically an entire jar of salsa out. And we had tons of pinwheel sandwiches left, I could've saved $30 at Costco by just not buying them ya know? Also, ugh the homemade cupcakes were soooo worth it but I definitely feel you on how time consuming it was!

• Everything looked amazing @LaBro!! Sounds like you guys all had an amazing time! I am drooling over those cupcakes!
    friends tv show funy
  • Everything looks beautiful! Are you sure you aren't a professional party planner? ;) Drooling over caprisi salad lol
  • @labro everything looks amazing!!! 

Anniversary

• Love it!! Way to toot your own horn about the desserts- kidding, kidding! I'm just jealous because I couldn't bake a cupcake to save my life (without burning it). Everything looks fantastic!

• @Ollie08 OMG I  love you! Please don't be a stranger in NEY anymore! I miss you!!!!!!

• Those raspberry cupcakes look absolutely stunning!

It all looks so beautiful.

Also, you're beautiful. ;)

• @Ollie08 OMG please stay lol!! I miss you already! 
  • @southernpeach89 oooooo I see you've upgraded to butternut squash!

• @jenna8984 Yes...yet another type of squash lol.
  • @jenna8984 Yes...yet another type of squash lol.
    Nope, nope, nope....you are three dozen Krispy Kreme Doughnuts remember?  ;)  Gallon of ice cream coming up soon!!! 

• Minskat30 UGH how could I forget!!! lol
  • DED at the beer bottle game!

I love everything about this post. I'm so glad the party was so much fun, despite the heat and the Costco mess. Your cupcakes look amazing, and you should totally pat yourself on the back for making everything from scratch. That's a lot of hard work, and it all looks phenomenal. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow. You seriously need to be a contributor to Southern Living. 

@LaBro, this is all so gorgeous!! I want to eat that food right off the computer screen. And drink all the things, as well. 

You should quit your day job and become an event planner/caterer because gurl, you got skillz.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Everything looks awesome! @labro you did an amazing job and I hope @southernpeach89 had a wonderful time!

• @audrewuh Awww you are too nice! I don't think I have enough Southern pedigree to join SL though lol! It would be pretty amazing! I read their magazine every month!

• WOWW looks amazing! Nice job!
  • OMG @labro this is amazing!!! The food looks incredible (definitely trying the cupcake recipe) and everything looks just perfect! Glad the flowers worked out, you are a superstar!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards