Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Snoozeday

13»

Re: Tuesday Snoozeday

• @Audrewuh UGHHH no lol next week she will be a coconut. Those are much prettier lol.
  • @aurorarose41 Thanks.  Good luck to your FI on his interview!!

Anniversary

• @aurorarose41 I say go for it.  It sounds like an amazing opportunity, and who knows could turn out to be your dream job. You can also keep figuring out what you want to do, while working for the new place.  Also - good news for you, they'll probably be adding season 6 of pll to netflix by the time you're caught up with the seasons!

@alpacina Yes, they like to dangle A, but tonight they're supposed to answer all the questions because when it starts back up in the winter it will be 5 years later. 
  • @aurorarose41 Good luck no matter what you decide to do!

• @minskat30 That's awesome!!!!!!

@aurorarose41 Exciting! Good luck to both you and FI. Are you already dead set on moving to SF or is it just an idea you've been tossing around? Because of coure with double the salary you'll be paying double in housing costs up there, which I'm sure you know cuz you're not an idiot hahah. But the best of luck!! Doesn't "that" company have all the awesome stuff like free cafateria, yoga classes, etc? I'd frigen love that.

• @jenna8984 Thanks! And we aren't dead set on it, but it seems that the SF area has the most opportunity for us in our current careers. On top of that, we already live in a very high cost of living area, and our current company (which just publicly announced layoffs) is the only place in our area now for our career field. Most of the housing outside of SF (in the San Jose area) is actually similar to what we pay now (it would be a 20-30% increase most likely, but definitely not double), so double the salary for both of us would just mean saving up faster to buy a house. 

They do have some awesome benefits from what I have heard. The cafeteria isn't free, but they give engineers a dinner voucher that pretty much covers lunch the next day as well, and I have seen some reports that they don't have a gym. But the pay is better, and the health insurance benefits sound better than our current company as well (but our current company has gyms, a pool, and tons of fitness classes, though the classes aren't free). I think you might be thinking of the other major company down the road that is known for its search engine. FI actually also applied there but they also just announced layoffs, so we don't have our hopes up for that one. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards