Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Thank you for dishes we plan on exchanging.

So now that the wedding is done of course now comes the thank you's. I know the typical rule is if you plan on exchanging something you don't mention it in the thank you card. The issue is some pretty close family got us a 16 piece dinnerware set that we are not too fond of.  They did include the gift receipt and it is from the same location as our registry so we were planing on exchanging it for another few place settings of the dishes we actually wanted. Should we mention this in the thank you since there is a fairly high change they will be over and seeing what dishes we are serving on?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank you for dishes we plan on exchanging.

• Options
    So now that the wedding is done of course now comes the thank you's. I know the typical rule is if you plan on exchanging something you don't mention it in the thank you card. The issue is some pretty close family got us a 16 piece dinnerware set that we are not too fond of.  They did include the gift receipt and it is from the same location as our registry so we were planing on exchanging it for another few place settings of the dishes we actually wanted. Should we mention this in the thank you since there is a fairly high change they will be over and seeing what dishes we are serving on?
    Nope.  "Thanks for the gift.  It was great to see you at the wedding."
  • Options
    No need to do so.  Politely thank them for the gift and mention it was great to see them at the wedding.  
  • Options
    Nope. I'm an older 1st time bride and I had to register for a ton of stuff I didn't need or want in the $20-50 range because my guests wanted to purchase multiple lower priced items and steered clear of the more expensive items (yet the price point was the same). I plan on returning these items and buying the lifetime pieces that I didn't already own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards