New Jersey
Options

Winter Wedding Picture Suggestions PLEASE!

edited August 2015 in New Jersey
Hi ladies! I am getting married in February 2016 in Bergen County. My church is in Glen Rock and reception at Seasons. Since it's going to be cold, and outside pictures won't be ideal, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a nice place to take pics indoors in the area. Seasons isn't that big inside so I can't just rely on the venue.

We were considering getting a permit for the Lambert castle but didn't know what it really looked like inside. Has anyone taken pictures inside?

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks :)

Re: Winter Wedding Picture Suggestions PLEASE!

• Options
    Hi! Im actually born and raised in Hawthorne and looked at Lambert Castle for our venue. We LOVED it but unfortunately we picked a different venue based on the size of our guest list. (Lambert can only seat about 70 ppl inside and we didn't want to have to worry about the weather for a year haha). BUT it is truly beautiful (especially if you're going for a historical princess kind of feel), inside and out, we may still take pictures there! They have photos on their website, but they really don't do the place much justice. I took a couple of pictures that I've attached. You may even be able to get a couple of nice ones outside still (if you can bear it in the cold) as the grounds are beautiful too. The curator who you'd be meeting with is super nice and accommodating with a ton of good suggestions as to the type of photos others have taken. Feel free to ask any more questions if you have them! Hope this helps and I hope your wedding is beautiful! 

P.S I didn't get a pic of it but theres a beautiful staircase with a built in full size frame that Lambert built so that he could "frame" his wife everytime she walked down the stairs. Its a BEAUTIFUL spot for pictures as the frame is already there. Hope you can visualize what I'm saying haha anyway, really nice touch!
  • Options
    In order to take photos inside Lambert's Castle, you need a permit.  Just an FYI.

We were going to take photos outside but it rained all day so we weren't able to.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much Maura! Your descriptions really helped and it made me lean more towards going there! 

ohmrs--thanks for your response. I heard about the permit and think it's like $200 or so, so wanted to see if there were any other options in the area before I apply for it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards