Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First Dance Song Opinions!

My FI really wants to use "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley for our first dance song. I may be overthinking things, so I need opinions. If you haven't heard the song, here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjXaEbrLdw
If you don't feel like taking the time to listen to the song, it is the man singing about how great the woman is the entire time and how "she's everything" to him. 
My question is, would this be weird since it's more about one of us instead of us as a whole? Does this seem self-centered, disrespectful, etc..? Keep in mind that the guests at our wedding will have no idea that this was FI's idea and may think that I chose the song myself. Thanks in advance for your help! 

Re: First Dance Song Opinions!

• donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
  • donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    My FI really wants to use "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley for our first dance song. I may be overthinking things, 
    ^ I agree with your initial thought.  You "may be" overthinking things

The only rule for the first dance is that you both have to like it.  So, if you don't like this one (for whatever reason) pick another song.  However, I promise you that no one at your reception will give a though to this song being anything but pretty - I promise.  My opinion?  It's a lovely song.

• I love that song! It's so sweet and I agree with @donethat, the only thing that matters is that you both like the song. The only two people it has to having meaning for are the bride and groom. FI and I are going to dance to "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica, we have been together for almost 10 years and the meaning of this song describes how we see our relationship as we have grown as a couple, despite hardships/meddling persons. 
  • You cannot advertize your website here.  @KnotRiley

• Thanks @Viczaesar!

Vendor has been deleted and banned!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards