Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Northern Michigan Mini-Moon

TgromaskiTgromaski member
First Anniversary
edited August 2015 in Honeymoon Discussions
My Fiance & I are spending our mini-honeymoon in Munising/Wetmore Michigan Sept 13-15, we are going to sight see at Picture Rocks, but does anyone have any other suggestions of what to do around that area? Weve never been up there and the only thing i see online really is about pictured rocks. Any insight about the area at all would be appreciated! thank you!!!

Re: Northern Michigan Mini-Moon

• Options

There are a ton of things to do in the Upper Peninsula! One of my favorite vacations I ever took was a trip where we went to all different places in the UP. The best part about the UP is that even if you drive all the way across, it only takes a few hours so you can have a base set up in one city and still experience things all over! That being said here are a few places that you could look into:

Whitefish Point, this is actually the first lighthouse built for Lake Superior and they have the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum sharing the same site so it's really kind of a two for one thing plus you can walk right out to the Lake and Beach.

In Newberry there is a touristy place called Oswald's Bear Farm. It's basically a big zoo full of bears and you can take your picture with a bear cub.

If you are outdoorsy, I recommend going to Tahquamenon Falls. It's a lot of hiking but the falls and the landscape of this area is gorgeous!

Whatever you end up doing though, Northern Michigan is great in the early fall so enjoy! 

• Options

One of m coworkers was complaining a couple of days ago about the ferry boat at Pictued Rocks.  Apparently it is pretty pricey, but it is also easy enough to do on foot if you have the ambition.

My son just started up at Michigan Tech in Houghton so we are doing a lot more travelling in he UP now.  The Falls are high on my list but it may have to wait til next year because I tore the crap out of my  hamstring a few weeks ago.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards