Not Engaged Yet

Tired Thursday

I'm sure this has been used recently, but I'm tired today so using it again.  I'm insanely busy today (got a new project last evening that is due tomorrow that requires oh about 200+ pages of complex reading).  Sigh.  What are you all up to today?  This weekend?

I'm looking forward to the weekend...my sister is throwing my nephew (15!!!) and niece (9) a joint birthday party.  It will be fun to see them, give them their gifts and hang out with family.  I can't believe they are all grown up (well, my nephew at least).  I remember being the first one to hold his hand when my sister delivered him.  Now he's taller than me!

Re: Tired Thursday

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    Hi Ladies! I am very tired today too! 

@Minskat30 and @Swazzle both of your weekends sound so fun!

It's the busy time at work right now, getting ready for back to school so I don't know how often I'll be popping in but I am going to try. After the 27th things should hopefully start to calm down again. I don't really have any plans this weekend. BF's fantasy draft that was supposed to be Saturday was moved to next Saturday so I know he wants to go see Straight Outta Compton. Other than that, not really sure what we are going to do. Should be fun!

*Edited the name of the movie to not seem so "White girl"
    friends tv show funy
  • @minskat30 - That sounds like fun!!

@Swazzle - What do you plan to have done at your hair appointment?

I am a little tired today, but not terribly.  My MIL is leaving so I am relieved about that.  I'm ready for some peace and quiet... and for my house not to smell like fried food all the time!!

My house cleaner's birthday was this week.  She is coming tomorrow.  I wanted to bake her something, so I'm trying to decide... Banana chocolate chip bread or snickerdoodles?  She's pregnant, if that makes any difference...  help me decide!!
  • I feel bad, I got so busy at work yesterday that the Wednesday thread had like 70 new comments and I didn't get a chance to read them! Hopefully no one had a major announcement that I missed. Saturday my friend is havin a cookout in the afternoon and then I think H & I are doing  movie date night out. Sunday have to get some work done on my car which sucks, hope it doesn't take up too much of my day. The rest will be by the pool!

@minskat30 aaaw 15?! My oldest nephew is 5 and it seems like he was born yesterday.

@swazzle beach- jealous!! Maybe I'll try to get Monday off to go....Do you have DVR for all your shows? I never watch stuff til the next night at dinner time.

• Very cute patio set, @TwoDimes!!  I love it.

I have money to burn...  I got some LOFT coupons for my birthday this month plus rewards so I am browsing loft.com to pick out some stuff to buy.  Anyone want to shop for/with me at LOFT?
  • @cocobellaf - Snickerdoodles sound good to me right now, so they get my vote.

I'm feeling better than I have in a week, but am still 'off.' I have two more days of work and then I am on vacation. WOOT! My MIL comes in tonight, so I'll drive down to DC to get her while DH cleans the house (I am such a lucky girl, I definitely got the better end of that stick!). That's kind of all I have today. Busy day at work, so I may not be back to check this thread... have a great day, ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @caseface5 - I really want to see Straight Outta Compton! If you go, let me know how it is. I think it's getting good reviews. 

@CocoBellaF - I'm getting highlights and a cut. My roots are SO grown out. As for cut, I really don't know what I'm doing. Leaning towards just a trim. I'm liking the length for the most part. My "bangs" are almost finally grown out completely which makes me happy. 

@jenna8984 - Yep, I have a DVR. Some shows I have to watch live though (generally, BB and PLL are at the top of that list, others that don't have commercials I'll watch live if I'm home too). Honestly, and this is my freak showing, I try not to make plans on Thursdays in the summer because I can't miss the BB live eviction. 

• @speakeasy14 - I saw the polka dotted dress and thought it was really cute!
  • I fell back to sleep after my alarm went off this morning so I was a little late to work :(

@swazzle I'm always asleep when H comes home since he works until 11- a lot of times I hear him come in and get changed but sometimes I'm so dead asleep that I don't hear anything. Then I just wake up in the middle of the night and he's there asleep and I'm like how did that happen!
    Have a good time with your family this weekend!

@minskat30 Have fun at the birthday party!

@cocobellaF yay for MIL leaving haha

So our house is officially for sale- I found out last night and now there's a sign on the lawn. It's real now :( They're having an OH on Saturday but they're only showing the first floor so that's good. If they get an offer then they'll obviously have to show the other apartments. I'm feeling really stressed today.
    I called my retirement plan to inquire about taking out money for a down payment for a primary residence. We were thinking of possibly taking money out of our retirement to cover down payment costs if H finds out he doesn't have to stay in the city. Well I was told I can't take out ANYTHING until I'm 59.5 years old! I contribute money and my employer matches it. So half the money is mine and I can't touch it??
    So now I've even more upset- we're going to have to rent a super expensive apartment and will literally not be able to save any money. I feel like we're never going to get ahead and I'm really feeling down right now. 

• @swazzle - AW your hair when you get it done please? So excuted for South Africa for you!

@jeanna8984 - I know!!  He got old so quick (so did I).  :)

@cocobellaf - That was a long MIL stay...good for you for not loosing it.  

@TwoDimes - LOVE the patio set. 

@speakeasy14 - What samples of perfume did you get?

@lavenderfields13 - Wait, you can't take any money out even with a penalty?  
  • @lavenderfields13 - That seems strange to me that you can't borrow from your 401k to help with your down payment. Usually, you borrow and then pay it back straight from your paychecks. I'm so sorry that you're going through this and I'm sending vibes that it works out and hugs just because you need them <3

•  I'm tired for sure I had a random stomach ache and it took me awhile to fall asleep. I'm pretty boring and there not too much exciting going on here,  Today is the beginning of my work from home. So on Thursdays I get to work from home.  I'm so excited I get back the hour and a half from commuting, no make up and no work clothes.  I'm wearing shorts and a t shirt. I am so happy over this though.  

I may get to enjoy a late afternoon nap now.

Anniversary

• labro said:
    @TwoDimes LOVE that patio set! Haha I remember living in SD and driving similar distances too. It's really not so bad if it's all on the interstate at least! :)

@minskat30 Happy birthday to your niece and nephew! It's amazing how much time flies! When I first met H his nephew was just turning 1 and I got to be there to see his "cake smash" for his birthday....now he's nearly 5 and going in to kindergarten!! And his niece is in 1st grade!

@Swazzle An 11 PM hockey game?!?!?!?!? Who schedules these things???? Anyway, I hope you have a fun weekend and get in some serious beach time!

@CocoBellaF Glad your MIL is FINALLY leaving. I say make both!!!

I'm not tired today, at least not yet, even though Cinders woke me up at 4 and 5:30. But I have a mocha coconut coffee from Starbucks so I'm all set!

It's just the usual for me today - work, go home, cook dinner, bed. But here's something that hopefully gives you a chuckle this morning. I found an old photo of @southernpeach89 last night at my parent's house. She's probably 2 or 3 here and this is SUCH a normal face for her. You guys think I'm kidding when I say she was evil, but she really was!! Anyway, so here's a Throwback Thursday to her! Love you seester!

I like the way you think.
  • @lavenderfields13 unfortunately that is how most retirement plans are; which is good because you are guaranteed to have money for retirement, but sucks when you need money in emergency situations. 

@minskat30 I don't remember which ones I got, this one was a french name, it has a really musky scent (I keep saying moth balls but the girls at the office said I don't smell like moth balls).  The only one that I liked was Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium. 
  • @caseface5 what do you teach? I have so much respect for teachers because I could never do it!

@cocobellaf both sound amazing and that's so nice of you to do for her!

@cu97tiger Is this weekend when you leave for your birthday trip?! woooo

@swazzle that's hilarious...you should try to be a contestant

@speakeasy14 love that you're finally in your house!

@lavenderfields13 Ugh I'm sorry! I have seen where apartments sell and it's written in that the tenant can keep living there until their lease is up. Although did you say that your lease is technically up already? If I were you, I'd tell the owner that I wanted the contact info for the buyer and I'd literally call them up myself and say listen- we are stable, dependable, clean tenants- would you be interested to let us sign a new lease with you and stay? You never know- maybe they would love not having to go through finding tenants. As far as the 401k, generally that would be a qualifying event for a LOAN. Which means you can have 20k or whatever from the account but you must then set up a payment plan through your paycheck to "pay it back". However the loan payments are not pre-tax like contributions are, so that sucks.

• @Jenna8489 I am not a teacher, I do the payroll for the school so I have to enter all the new hires and figure out all the step raises for all the teachers.
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 ooooo good times! NOT. I hated doing payroll at my last company- seriously down to fixing people's missed lunch punches give me a break.

@labro hahhahah that pic is great

• @labro - I'm actually dying at @southernpeach89's face in that pic! The 11pm games are THE WORST. By the time he plays, showers, and gets home it's usually 1:30 and then his alarm goes off at 3:50am for work. 

• @swazzle irony I'm getting my hair cut and I've been leaning towards a Julianne Hough style as well!! {picture at bottom}

Well last night was relatively productive!!

Matt ended up picking me up since he drove. He was super hungry, so we just popped into Denny's next to my work.

Picked up the side table at my mum's and put my sweaters in it. That table will eventually replace the one Matt has, but I'm using it until I find one.

This morning I treated myself to Starbucks - skinny vanilla latte and blueberry bar. Typically I put cinnamon in my drink, but they had none so I used nutmeg. I don't hate it .... but it's not my first choice. It's not terrible.

I think I've lost some weight. I got 2 pairs of capri dress pants in 2 diff sizes. I'm wearing the lower size today and fits just the same as the other one. Uhm what? Oh well ... maybe elastic waist?

Tonight is my hair cut. I'll post shots of before and after because it will be a huge change. Currently hair is about to my boobs.
    I want to do something short and I'm somewhat leaning towards this but maybe a tad shorter or choppier

I am really digging what Julianne Hough's hair is like.

Yesterday a client came in and commented on how long my hair is. Legit every time people say "oh wow your hair is long!" I'm just like "urg I know ... *scowl*'
    I am not a long hair person AT ALL ....

Anyways .... uhm .... again all over the place lol

Plans for weekend:
    Friday - meeting with bank
    Saturday - shopping with my mum then house warming at a friend's
    Sunday - prob stopping at Matt's parents {they have a video of ceremony! yay!!} and going to iKea to measure beds
  • 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @cocobellaf I'm glad that you will find some peace! I'm not a big sweet tooth even though I love baking, wish I had some good suggestions. You could always give her a giftcard to a coffee shop or somewhere like panera.

@caseface5 I cannot believe how fast the summer has flown by and it's already back to school! I'm not ready....

@twodimes Love the patio set! Too bad they can't just ship it to you.

@speakeasy14 I love fragrances but I hate narciso rodriguez because of how musty it is- I wouldn't be surprised if that was one that sephora sent you. And yay for being home!

@lavenderfields13 don't be sad! everything will work out. talk to friends and see if they know of places that are available and just keep checking online, something will come up! especially with school starting, its the perfect time of year.

@peaseblossom55 yay for working from home!

I have no clue what to do/accomplish today. I want to start getting ready for school- so I might just research or reread some IEPs to get to know the kids better. I can't even remember any of their names! I want to definitely step it up this year with organization so I may spend some time on pinterest. 

Random but: I definitely want to get back to work too because my mint account goes fucking bonkers on me all summer because I'm not getting a check every two weeks for income (I get all 6 checks at the last day of school). So apparently my account thinks I am unemployed lol

• Thanks for the vibes guys, I tend to get super stressed out over stuff like this and it's hard to calm myself down. I'm going to call my plan back later to make sure about taking out money- it doesn't really make sense that I can't touch any of MY own money..I was just so surprised when they said "No" that I didn't think of anything else to say! @jenna8984 yeah we've been tenants at will for the last 2.5 years. We just thinking there's a very good chance that whoever buys the house is not looking for tenants- they're looking to resell as condos. That's quite common here right now. I was just telling myself we'd take it day by day and see what happens but now that it's officially on the market I'm just like, crap this is real!

• @lavenderfields13 I'm sorry that really sucks you can't borrow on your 401k. 

Anniversary

• @500days yup, pretty sure that is one of the ones I haven't touched. Is it Angel? 
  • @jenna8984 - Yesterday we talked a lot about middle child day, and made fun of anyone who didn't have the same placement as us in the sibling hierarchy.

@TwoDimes - That patio furniture is great! And even better if it's comfy. I need to find a set for us while everything is on sale!

@speakeasy14 - I love that dotted dress! And hooray for staying at your house! How freakin exciting!

@Swazzle - Hairstyle in picture = Hairstyle in siggy gif ........ You have a type.

---------------------------------------

BF came home laughing about getting elbowed in the face, so even though I wanted to be grumpy at him we ended up doing a lot of laughing. We talked about how our next two date nights are when we are on our next two trips. And then that turned into him bringing up our anniversary. And then he said that we should elope on our anniversary this year.

I really don't know if I could dealing with hurting my family that way, by not including my mom and sisters in the process. I know they'd be super upset. But at the same time, I know my BF is super uncomfortable with spending a bunch of money on a wedding, so maybe just doing something for ourselves really is the way to go....... I dunno. Elopements should be planned spur of the moment anyway, so I have a couple months to decide, haha.

I spent almost all of last night reading. I got almost halfway through my book already, which is a bummer. But I really didn't want to stop and go to bed. So tonight I will do more reading after my laser appointment, and make a vegetarian ramen dish from blue apron for dinner.

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @jenna8984 OMG yay!!!!!! That is so exciting!

@AlPacina You could always do something small or go to a JOP with your immediate families. If you're uncomfortable with the idea of eloping, you can still do something very small. :) Or you could do a destination wedding with just your immediate families too. Tons of options! How exciting that your BF is talking so seriously about it! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards