Chit Chat
Options

What are you eating today? Lunch, dinner and other random chit chat

Lunch - I grilled a turkey breast yesterday.  Today is turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce.

I was invited to a member's birthday party tonight.  He has some sky-gazing dude there.  It's a big 100+ person party.  DH is catering, but I forgot to ask what is on the menu.

Random chit chat.   We are a one car family and I had to take DH to work so I could come back for the party.   It takes 5 minutes to go from home to work and back.  When I returned to the turn off to the road to our house there was an accident.   Car flipped over.  Shit all over the road.    I WAS JUST THERE.   Crazy what a few minutes can make.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: What are you eating today? Lunch, dinner and other random chit chat

• Options
    Leftovers, but not sure what.  I can't even close my freezer anymore cos there's so much.  I need to eat some.  Chicken for dinner I think, but again, not sure what.  I may get lazy and make DH eat leftovers to try and clear out more.  

• Options
    Lunch today is leftover taco stuff and rice... sort of a homemade burrito bowl I guess.  Dinner I think will be cheeseburgers and corn on the cob, all cooked outside.  It's hot down here on the Front Range today.  

That's crazy about the car accident!  I've had a few like that lately, where I missed something by just a couple minutes.  I'm glad it missed you!
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options

Oh I hope everyone involved in the accident made it out unscathed!!

It's our intern's last day, so we had lunch catered (hooray!). Assorted wraps, a big salad, etc. Super yummy!

Your sandwich sounds awesome as well - I love a turkey/cranberry sandwich!

For dinner I think I am going to make a salad with arugula, shrimp, and grated fontina. It's hot out and I don't want anything too heavy. DH is having leftover steak tips as he is allergic to all seafood.

We had a hailstorm last week with golfball-sized hail. Insurance adjuster finally came out to document the damage today, so now I can get my dented car fixed!! 

• Options
    Lunch today is leftover taco stuff and rice... sort of a homemade burrito bowl I guess.  Dinner I think will be cheeseburgers and corn on the cob, all cooked outside.  It's hot down here on the Front Range today.  

That's crazy about the car accident!  I've had a few like that lately, where I missed something by just a couple minutes.  I'm glad it missed you!
    I saw that on the news.  It's in the low-80's here, low humidity.   Basically gorgeous right now. 50% chance of rain later.  We will see, it's pretty inaccurate here when it comes to weather. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Lunch was a peanut butter sandwich. Dinner will be chicken and mashed potatoes. I just finished my workout, and now I'm watching Alfred Hitchcock on Netflix.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Lunch- buffalo taco lettuce wraps. Not bad for diet food. Not sure about dinner. Maybe chicken with Peruvian pesto. I really want pizza :neutral:
  • Options
    Lunch was Indian food. Yummy! I love to eat all the things that DH doesn't like for lunch (that generally means Indian food and sushi, which are two of my favorite foods ever).

Dinner will be soft tacos with chicken marinated with lime juice and spices - then blackened on the grill, served with fresh black bean/tomato/pepper/cilantro salsa, sour cream, and avocados.
  • Options
    Chipotle for lunch.  I'm really feeling the need for guac.

Dinner is up to FH.  We need groceries.  Badly.  So we'll probably go grocery shopping.  If we do, FH won't feel up to cooking too.  So we'll probably just heat something up quick (like boxes of appetizers from the freezer or shelf-stable Indian food from the pantry) or cave and go out to eat.
  • Options
    I'm still debating whether or not to eat lunch. I haven't ate since lunch yesterday and I am still not very trusting of food.

Supper: depends how lunch goes! haha.

Random chit chat: FI and I are paying for the wedding ourselves. We had everything except the caterer (the biggest bill) paid for. The caterer wanted to be paid by certified cheque, and FI and I live 8 hours away from Caterer. So I forwarded my mum the email from the caterer and asked if I could transfer her the money and have her do up a cheque. She responded that she would definitely 'do up a cheque' but that she would not be accepting any transfer of money from me. 

I'm so shocked. I never expected any help from them. But apparently they have been planning on paying for the catering the whole time but didn't want to tell me because she didn't want us choosing the cheapest menu or making any sacrifices because they were paying for it, she wanted us to choose exactly what we wanted and then surprise us by paying for it.

Her only string? That I immediately transfer the balance of money that I would now be saving into my FI and I's 'house fund' account.

I iz so so so spoiled.
    That is awesome!!

• Options
    I probably will be skipping food for lunch today because I have a doctor appointment on my lunch break.  Or I'll grab some fast food... Subway is on my way to doctor and somewhat healthy.

I'm kind of nervous about my doctor appointment... I'm running out of viable BC options (can't do estrogen, surgical options are too risky for me, doc doesn't think I'm a good candidate for IUD's), so we are trying Nexplanon, which is getting inserted today. I'm only slightly nervous about the actual procedure today (I'm not afraid of needles, but I imagine it's going to be a decent size one today), but more nervous about the potential side effects afterward.  I've seen some good and some not so good reviews. But, we figured it was worth giving it a try before looking into more invasive options.

• Options
    This thread is killing me, but I just can't look away. Now I want Indian food. three.more.pounds.
  • Options
    Now I want indian food or sushi too!  Maybe tomorrow.

I have been grazing all day.  I had a banana and yogurt when I got to work, then some chickpea salad with feta at like noon.  I'll have some watermelon for an afternoon snack.  I think DH is grilling steak and potatoes for dinner.  We were supposed to do so last night, but ended up taking the boat to a cookout hosted at a local restaurant with friends.  

It's also a birthday today at work so there will be cake in about 15 minutes.  I hope it's funfetti. . . . but it probably won't be!
  • Options
    H promised me Indian food for dinner on Saturday because I promised to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark with him. This thread is making me want it for dinner tonight though!

Lunch was a lean cuisine - not very exciting. I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. We made a roasting chicken in the crockpot on Sunday and ate that Monday and Tuesday. Last night was a cookout with friends. We have chicken left but I'm getting sick of it. However, we also have no groceries and all of our meat is frozen. I'm thinking it's going to be takeout from Wegmans for dinner tonight.
  • Options
    For lunch I had a Cajun chicken breast sandwich. For dinner we're having chicken caesar waps.

Random chit chat: My boss just got this super extravagent 4 tier thank you card for a wedding they went to and I really hope they aren't judging my little thank you card I sent them.
  • Options
    Another random chit chat:

Co-worker just received a 'save the date' for a destination wedding next june. A 'save the date' that requested she respond to whether or not they are coming by OCTOBER.

seriously.
  • Options
    Lunch was leftover fried chicken tenderloins, mashed potatoes, le seuer peas, all topped with milk gravy and spiced oil. Super yum!

Dinner tonight is Steak n Shake with my mom and BFF before we head to a Simply Tasteful party one of my mom's friends is throwing. Basically it will be a fun girls' night.

DH has to work late tomorrow and I told him I would mow the lawn so we will have the rest of the weekend to ourselves. But I really want to get a pedicure tomorrow night instead. :/ Adulting sucks sometimes.
  • Options
    Lunch: Salmon salad sandwich that H made for me from the leftover BBQ salmon we had for dinner last night. I think there are some almonds and an apple in there, too.

Dinner: Not sure, whatever H decides to make. He has Thursday-Saturday off every week, and he's in charge of food on his days off. He was going to smoke a brisket, but he woke up too late, so he is saving the brisket for tomorrow. Ever since we got the electric smoker, H smokes some form of meat on a weekly basis.

Chit chat: H picked all of our ripe tomatoes yesterday, and good god, we will never run out of tomatoes. I brought a box to work, and they are all gone. The president of my company came in to our area and freaked out because he loves tomatoes. Then he sent the VP of marketing over, because she also loves tomatoes. So, brownie points for me, I guess. Here is a picture of tomatoes.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today I had a Pork Belly Bahn-Mi and a cup of Chicken Noodle soup.

Dinner we are grilling chicken and pairing it with leftover risotto I made the other night.

Chit Chat: My mom is getting almost more excited than we are for our trip to Vegas in a few weeks. She keeps sending me emails about shows. I've told her we have some picked out but we need to sit down and decide what shows we want to see and what night to see them.

She's also planning a trip to Vegas with her boyfriend, a different week than we are going. She keeps comparing prices to what we paid for the trip and isn't finding as good of deals. But she is very proud of the deal I got
  • Options
    Lunch was a salad and fruit.
    Dinner will probably be something easy from the freezer.

Random chit-chat:
    I volunteered to make cookies to contribute to a funeral reception at our church. It was requested that I make 2-3 dozen. I'm thinking 3 dozen so that if a few get "tested" then it's NBD, right?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    For lunch I had leftover bbq pork chops with rice.

For dinner I am thinking of having a "kiddie meal" of chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.

This weekend is our towns annual BBQ Bash so there will be much eating of pork and beef and chicken.  Plus all the desserts.

• Options
    Catering event at work. Another partner ordered chipotle and I did the orders for panera for our staff for lunch. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    Lunch: Salmon salad sandwich that H made for me from the leftover BBQ salmon we had for dinner last night. I think there are some almonds and an apple in there, too.

Dinner: Not sure, whatever H decides to make. He has Thursday-Saturday off every week, and he's in charge of food on his days off. He was going to smoke a brisket, but he woke up too late, so he is saving the brisket for tomorrow. Ever since we got the electric smoker, H smokes some form of meat on a weekly basis.

Chit chat: H picked all of our ripe tomatoes yesterday, and good god, we will never run out of tomatoes. I brought a box to work, and they are all gone. The president of my company came in to our area and freaked out because he loves tomatoes. Then he sent the VP of marketing over, because she also loves tomatoes. So, brownie points for me, I guess. Here is a picture of tomatoes.

My tomatoes started ripening last week.   I only have a small plant, but I already have a good harvest.       I need some bacon for some BLT's.   I have the mozzarella for caprese salad.   Lots of tomatoes will be eaten in the next few weeks.

• Options
    I just got back from lunch at a Thai place with coworkers. Pad thai was pretty delicious. I was proud of myself for not buying lunch for the last few weeks but this was planned as we come towards our intern's last 2 days with us. I'll be eating the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Dinner probably won't happen tonight. We're going to happy hour, Navy Pier, etc. today as part of the going-away festivities. The Boss Lady's plan is a goofy afternoon of Chicago tourist-y-ness. This is a group of serious drinkers so I'll probably get hammered and take an Uber home. If I'm hungry I'll inevitably ask DH to pick up McD's on the way home from his work event. Not healthy but I always want fries when I'm drunk.

Random: we're getting our new roof tomorrow. The team's doing the house and the garage. I'm very excited.

Also, I dried/ironed my hair last night because I wanted it to look slightly nicer today since we were going out. I figured that Boss Lady would be taking lots of pictures. It looked great this morning but is all puffy and gross now. I'm bummed.

(I adore Boss Lady. I keep following her to different companies. She's kinda like a big sister. We've just started calling her that lately to tease her.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Lunch was a salad and fruit.
    Dinner will probably be something easy from the freezer.

Random chit-chat:
    I volunteered to make cookies to contribute to a funeral reception at our church. It was requested that I make 2-3 dozen. I'm thinking 3 dozen so that if a few get "tested" then it's NBD, right?
    Let me know if you need help with the "testing."
  • Options
    Leftover chicken breast with steams veg.  One of my favs, and it cleared out 2 containers from the freezer.  Bam!!

• Options

Lunch as a slice of pizza and some garlic knots.  Very yummy.

Dinner is Hawaiian BBQ chicken breasts and White Cheddar Queso noodles.  H will be cooking it thought.  I just pulled it out of the freezer and cabinet.

We are getting low on food at the house and its getting hard to find creative meals to cook.  We get paid tomorrow and will be going grocery shopping.  We are trying to be responsible adults, so paying down the cc and waiting until we have the funds to buy things. 

H has off from work tomorrow so I am going to suggest to him that he go to the local Comcast office to exchange our modem and cable box for new ones.  We had a big storm over a month ago and since then the boxes have been a little funny.  H loathes going to Comcast, so hopefully I can convince him to go!

• Options

@soontobemrsklein That is amazing!!

@thespeshulestsnowflake what are the shows you are considering? I absolutely loved the Beatles Cirque and Blue Man Group.

@maggie0829 I'm so down for chik nugs and mac & cheese!

Well I bought pasta with olive oil for lunch but then the director of sales asked if I wanted to go to the amazing Brazilian place with meat on spits. How could I turn that down?! Especially since he always pays for mine, so that was yummy. Dinner is shake & bake chicken breast with roasted zuccini.

And random is that we just booked a cruise leaving in 1 month wooohooooo

• Options
    I'm still debating whether or not to eat lunch. I haven't ate since lunch yesterday and I am still not very trusting of food.

Supper: depends how lunch goes! haha.

Random chit chat: FI and I are paying for the wedding ourselves. We had everything except the caterer (the biggest bill) paid for. The caterer wanted to be paid by certified cheque, and FI and I live 8 hours away from Caterer. So I forwarded my mum the email from the caterer and asked if I could transfer her the money and have her do up a cheque. She responded that she would definitely 'do up a cheque' but that she would not be accepting any transfer of money from me. 

I'm so shocked. I never expected any help from them. But apparently they have been planning on paying for the catering the whole time but didn't want to tell me because she didn't want us choosing the cheapest menu or making any sacrifices because they were paying for it, she wanted us to choose exactly what we wanted and then surprise us by paying for it.

Her only string? That I immediately transfer the balance of money that I would now be saving into my FI and I's 'house fund' account.

I iz so so so spoiled.
    That is awesome!!  Congrats- and enjoy the surprise!
  • Options
    @jenna8984 We are definitely seeing Beatles LOVE by Cirque, Criss Angel Believe also by Cirque, and Evil Dead: The Musical. We are there for a week and want 4-5 shows, as we want to spend an evening in old downtown.

Beatles LOVE is one of my absolute favorites. I've seen it 3-4 times and want to go again. BF has never been to Vegas, so he is basically open to anything. Except Chippendale's. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards