I'm hoping for advice/guidance on how to approach my bridesmaid gifts.
FI and I are doing a DW in Disney World. Our big "gift" to each member of the WP is their WP outfit (BM dresses and purchased GM suits). We wanted to eliminate an expense for them since most of the WP has to travel.
We will be doing something else for them upon arrival. He has decided to get the GM a flask with a bottle of their favorite liquor. I am torn on what to do.
All but 1 BM is a family member (sisters and cousins), and most of the BM are underage or don't drink (8 BM all but 2 under the age of 24). The non-family member is my best friend, and we met and became friends in Disney on a middle school trip, so it has a special meaning for us. Disney Vacations were always a family reunion for both of our families, so doing something to commemorate this special trip or Disney themed would be okay with all of my BM.
My ideas are as follows:
1) Take them out for a special experience while there (afternoon tea or fireworks cruise) but they do not get a physical gift (est. $30 per person)
2) Have a box delivered to their room upon check-in with some combination of a gift card for the resort, a Christmas ornament, frame, and an Alex and Ani bracelet (each selected with specific BM in mind; not expecting them to wear the bracelet for the wedding; more of a souvenir) (est. $75 per person)
3) Do the Memory Maker photo package for each family, which would allow them to get all of their family photos from attractions, character dining or general photos taken by photographers throughout the parks during their stay. (est. $160 per family 2 sets of bridesmaids are sisters)
4) Just do one item from option 2
5) Treat everyone to pedicures- not asking them to do a specific color- just wanting them to feel pampered
I guess I am just not sure what is appropriate. I have already purchased their dresses, but I don't want that to be the only thing I do for them. Do I do something smaller, or do I have to make it a little more extravagant since all of the BM had to travel? I know that you're supposed to treat it as a birthday gift, but I was thinking about approaching it as how can I make this trip a little more special.
Most of the time I have been a BM, I have received jewelry to wear at the wedding. I have always been gracious and said thank you. I have never worn any of it again. I saw it as the bride eliminating an expense and helping BM feel more pulled together.
What are everyone's thoughts? How much more should I do? Is it appropriate to treat them to a special experience? Or do I have to give something physical? I am open to suggestions as well.
*Disclaimer: I have worked part-time for several years to help fund our wedding at a major retailer who has become popular with BM dresses and men's suiting. The paychecks went directly to a wedding account. I was able to purchase everything at a much better rate than the WP could have, which was part of the reason we decided to purchase everything for them.