Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

non-traditional songs for ceremony?

I'm having a string quartet for my ceremony and cocktail hour and was wondering what songs besides Pachelbel's canon and the traditional wedding march people have used for their processionals. I'll be walking down the aisle to Morning Has Broken and would love for my bridesmaids to walk down to Imagine but the quartet isn't sure they have the arrangement. classical and modern song suggestions welcome : )

Re: non-traditional songs for ceremony?

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    We had a string trio and I walked to Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes," the bridesmaids walked to The Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun," and we recessed to "Star Wars: Throne Room." I had to pay extra for them to write arrangements for the Star Wars and Peter Gabriel pieces, but it was worth it!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    Consider checking with a professional music store for arrangements of the piece you want.

It is illegal to arrange and perform a copyrighted piece of music without permission.  I'm sure that @mrscomposer will back me up on this.

Other song suggestions:

The Gift of Love (O, Waly, Waly)
    The Ashgrove
    Be, Thou, My Vision
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards