Not Engaged Yet

Case of the Mondays

13»

Re: Case of the Mondays

• @speakeasy14 - If it is a September wedding, I would probably do the emerald color then.  Based on the pictures, I would think it is church length appropriate.  
  • @labro - Especially the fact that everything they promote at their company always has a good reason to be implemented! Keep people safe! Make your life easier! Be part of the community!

But then underneath it all you're just giving people you don't know more and more access to your life, and more specifically the parts of your life that you deserve to keep private.

• @alpacina wow that book looks pretty good. It's now on my to read list.

Anniversary

• labro said:
    AlPacina said:
    @TwoDimes & @Swazzle - The Circle by Dave Eggers. OMFG, it's essentially a prediction of what the next steps social media will take and how no one will ever have any sense of privacy ever again. Freaked me the hell out, and pissed me off at the same time. Made me want to go around smacking everyone I know that's social media obsessed and tell them to LOOK UP! THERE'S A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE YOU'RE MISSING!
    @AlPacina That book scared the fucking shit out of me!!!! I chose it for a bookclub book last year and OH MY GOD.
    Apparently I added it to my to-read list last September (I bet @labro told me about it then). Definitely going to download it for my flights! 

• TwoDimes said:
    AlPacina said:
    @TwoDimes & @Swazzle - The Circle by Dave Eggers. OMFG, it's essentially a prediction of what the next steps social media will take and how no one will ever have any sense of privacy ever again. Freaked me the hell out, and pissed me off at the same time. Made me want to go around smacking everyone I know that's social media obsessed and tell them to LOOK UP! THERE'S A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE YOU'RE MISSING!
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves of all time. I'll be out to eat and see a couple eating dinner at a nice restaurant... both people on their phones. Or at a concert or sporting event where the teenager in front of me spends the WHOLE EVENT recording snippets of the show and posting on social media. Like, I get the need to share, but share ONE picture or post and then put your damn phone away and enjoy the show you paid to see!!! 

I have a good friend who is guilty of spending way too much time on her phone, and sometimes I call her out on it if she gets her phone out when we meet up for drinks or dinner. I caught her browsing facebook during my wedding reception. DURING MY WEDDING RECEPTION. I was like, "Dude, there's a pretty awesomely fun party going on...."
    I found out recently that a guest that came to our wedding was watching a football game during our ceremony on her phone....this pissed me off. We had the shortest ceremony ever and she couldn't have waited 10-15 whole minutes and then watched it? Or let's just say, she could have recorded the game at home?
  • @southernpeach89 that is so rude of her!! I leave my phone in my purse even when I'm just going over someone's house for dinner.

@minskat30 wooooo! you are kickin weight loss ass- keep it up!

• @AuroraRose41 - That is so exciting! Go kick ass, woman!

• @aurorarose41, good interview vibes!!
  • @aurorarose41 Ugh that's frustrating, I'd just go for a cocktail dress.  Then it will match whatever the atmosphere is at least. Also, lots of job vibes for you. 
  • @AuroraRose41 it wasn't but he has bug bites near by, so he put some after bite gel on them plus burn and said it doesn't feel terrible :)
  • Thanks, everyone! I love my wedding band and can't wait to wear it as a set. :)

@AuroraRose41 Congrats on the interview! That's fantastic news!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @aurorarose41 Good luck on the interview, that's so exciting!!

• sorry to be really late but i never got a chance to come back to reply on monday...

@eilis1228 - LOVEEE your band!!! goregous! and soon you will be wearing them as a set!!!! YAY!!

@minskat30 - WTG on the weight loss, thats fantastic!

@aurorarose41 - sending all the job vibes!! im also trying to guess the name of the company from your hint. its probably really obvious but its been a long day and literally the only company coming to mind is tripadvisor.....which definitely does not have fruit as a logo. my brain is fried.

quick update on dinner monday night - they were not really condescending. we actually talked mostly about their HM and they gave us lots of tips for things to do in hawaii. we might use 25% of what they said when planning our own trip. not that they gave bad advice, we just have really different ideas of what to do on a HM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards