Not Engaged Yet

Tasty Tuesday

Morning! 

Last night, I got home from work, made and ate dinner (Seared Cod & Fregola Sarda with Braised Summer Veggies), straightened up a little bit and got into bed pretty early. H had an 11pm hockey game and maybe I'm getting used to them because I fell asleep quickly after he left. 

Tonight, I want to stop at Walmart and pick up a new travel toiletry bag. The one I have is great but it's probably 7 years old and the zippers are breaking on it. I'm going to get our suitcases out and start tossing things in that I think I'll want/need on vacation and figure out if there's anything else I need to pick up. Then I'll cook and eat dinner (either Seared Pork Chops & Kamut with Corn, Spinach, & Stone Fruit-Cherry Tomato Salsa OR Tandoori-Spiced Chicken with Green Lentils, Heirloom Eggplant & Cucumber-Mint Yogurt). H and I will probably watch some TV and head to bed. SO exciting. 

What yummy things are you eating today?
What's one thing you could eat all the time forever?
Do you eat anything that other people find weird?
What's your go-to snack food?

Re: Tasty Tuesday

• @Swazzle I vote Tandoori-Spiced Chicken with Green Lentils! That sounds yum!

I definitely did not get any cleaning done last night. By the time my show was over, DH was working on his grad school stuff so I didn't want to disturb him with the vacuum so it will have to be done tonight.

I plan to get some photos developed today. We still have all our wedding photos hanging all over the house so since then we have had a family photo shoot with Maddux and then maternity pictures taken so I think it needs some updating.

I also want to figure out our how our baby monitor works lol. It's sitting in its box and I'm pretty sure we will be using it soon after Callie is born so I'm going to play with it tonight to figure it out.

I didn't bring my lunch so I might pick something up while I'm getting my pictures developed. Maybe Chick-fil-a....?!?
    Pasta definitely and ice cream foreverrrr.
    Hmm...I'm not a picky eater so I pretty much will try anything so people who are picky eaters might find that odd?
    Cheese, fruit, trail mix
  • I got to the office early this morning so I can sneak out early and go to yoga.  Today at the office I'm working on lesson plans for the next few weeks and starting to stick my toe back in the dissertation research...which I guess now isn't dissertation research anymore, but book research!  Tonight I'm going to go home and read Harry Potter.  Super exciting.

What yummy things are you eating today?  I have a salad that I packed for lunch that I'm super excited about.  It's a sweet kale salad kit (kale, cabbage, some other greens, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, plus a poppyseed dressing) with chicken.

What's one thing you could eat all the time forever?  Reese's peanut butter cups

Do you eat anything that other people find weird?  Yes.  Sometimes I put wheat germ on vanilla ice cream.

What's your go-to snack food? Greek yogurt or veggies with hummus if I'm trying to be healthy; salt & vinegar kettle cooked potato chips if I'm not
  • What yummy things are you eating today? Under normal circumstances, the answer to that question would be "blech cafeteria food," but my meal plan seems to have run out while we were gone and I don't see a way to sign up for a new one. I'll probably kick the can down the road a couple days to get out of payroll meetings before approaching my supervisor about getting a new meal plan, so today ... probably Panera?
    What's one thing you could eat all the time forever? Chocolate chip cookies. My life will be brief but glorious.
    Do you eat anything that other people find weird? Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches. It's comfort food.
    What's your go-to snack food? Cheez-its, in moderation.
    ---
    Not much from last night. Pretty much H and I got home, collapsed on the couch, looked at each other, and were like "What do you want to do?", which was promptly answered when I fell asleep before 9. Stupid sunburn sapping all my energy.

I had a dream about a dress I really want except I would look hideous in it. It looked like Belle's dress from the dinner and dancing sequence in "Beauty and the Beast," except it was paler yellow, cut a little higher (but still off the shoulder), and much less full-skirted (more A-line, less ballgown).
  • I went to bed early last night, too!  I used some Valerian and was out the entire night.  

I have a meeting in a couple hours with my new boss.  It's a get-to-know-you meeting.  Fun.

Now they are putting our high tomorrow in the 60's!  WHAT??  

My lunch is SO YUMMY.  I have leftovers (Cilantro Lime Chicken and Cucumber Couscous and Juliet tomatoes from my garden).  I can not wait.
    PBJ.  Quesadillas.
    I'm sure I do, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
    Half a quesadilla.  A KIND or larabar.  A piece of WW bread with PB and honey.  Whole milk mozzarella bites.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    There's no PLL tonight :( image

What yummy things are you eating today? I have no idea, my sister hasn't said what she's making for dinner.  
    What's one thing you could eat all the time forever? Chocolate
    Do you eat anything that other people find weird? I'm a pretty picker eater, but I sometimes dip grilled cheese into ketchup.
    What's your go-to snack food? Chocolate, ice cream/italian ice, or pretzels

Gotta run to a meeting, I'm sure this will be 3 pages when I get back. 
  • I went to bed early last night, too!  I used some Valerian and was out the entire night.  

I have a meeting in a couple hours with my new boss.  It's a get-to-know-you meeting.  Fun.

Now they are putting our high tomorrow in the 60's!  WHAT??  

My lunch is SO YUMMY.  I have leftovers (Cilantro Lime Chicken and Cucumber Couscous and Juliet tomatoes from my garden).  I can not wait.
    PBJ.  Quesadillas.
    I'm sure I do, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
    Half a quesadilla.  A KIND or larabar.  A piece of WW bread with PB and honey.  Whole milk mozzarella bites.

Excuse me, what?!  What black magic is this weather?  I move away just when the weather's getting nice!
  • What yummy things are you eating today?
    I had a hard-boiled egg with Dijon already and for the rest of the day I have a Greek yogurt, a banana, and a Mexicali Salad from Trader Joe's. I already told you about my dinner options! 

Pizza, all day, e'ryday. 

I think most people would find pickle dip weird. It's just cream cheese mixed with pickle juice and some pickle guts then you dip chips in it. 

Fruit and chocolate 

• Morning all!

@swazzle - Your trip is so close now!!

@southernpeach89 - I haven't even developed our wedding photos...I'm ashamed.  We look at the disk sometimes though...lol

@futuremrshistorian - Hi stranger!  How have you been?  Didn't you move recently or am I forgetting?

@cocobellaf - Good luck with the new boss!

@speakeasy14 - I feel like if I don't get into these threads early they are 3 pages long.  :)

----------------------------
    -Cheese stick right now, banana later, salad for lunch and quinoa and beans for supper. 

-Cheese, without a doubt.

-Not really, I put hot sauce on a ton of things though.

-Cheese...noticing a theme?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Full day at work today.  H was sicker than a dog last night, poor guy, and I wasn't feeling good either.  He had terrible stomach cramps and I was nauseous to the extreme (I can't really throw up though...haven't been able to since I was like 8) so I was just miserable.  We both feel better today so maybe it was a short lived bug or something we ate?

I've got work today, spin tonight after work and just looking forward to crashing into bed early.  Boring I know.  
  • @minskat30 - Yep, I moved halfway across the country.  I made an AW post about it a little bit ago.  :-)
  • @minskat30 - Yep, I moved halfway across the country.  I made an AW post about it a little bit ago.  :-)
    I was very confused for a moment thinking I missed your post but I just saw you made it today.  I jump into the weekday threads before I check other threads.  Welcome back!!
  • @southernpeach89 - Yum Chick-fil-a! I haven't had that in ages. 

@futuremrshistorian - That salad sounds incredible. I love kale. 

@KeptInStitches - That salad is definitely weird. BLEH. 

@CocoBellaF - Your lunch sounds delicious. I want.

@speakeasy14 - I KNEW something was missing from my life today but I couldn't put my finger on it. Now I'm sad. 

@minskat30 - That sounds miserable. I'm glad you're both feeling a bit better today! 

• Our night was the same as everyone's it seems- tv, dinner, bed by 9:15 lol

What yummy things are you eating today? brunch- crockpot oatmeal with apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, walnuts and I sliced some strawberries to put on top. lunch- leftover rosemary chicken thighs & rice. Dinner- steak, rice & avocado fajitas.

What's one thing you could eat all the time forever? raw salmon sashimi. I would have a salmon farm in my backyard if I could.

Do you eat anything that other people find weird? Not really....I will only eat banana if it's green and I'll only eat french toast with peanut butter smeared on top. People find it more weird that I hate coffee & tea.

What's your go-to snack food? sugar free popsicles, stovetop popcorn, fancy cheese & crackers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @southernpeach89 hope your pics come out good! I wish we had chik-fil-a around here- their polynesian sauce is my fave
    @cocobellaf Hope you like your new boss!
    @swazzle I've never heard of pickle dip but I think I'd be into it
    @minskat30 I love your love of cheese.

• @swazzle - does your H play hockey a lot? I'm assuming he's on a team?
    @southernpeach89 - I agree! Pasta and ice cream are THE BEST
    @futuremrshistorian - what topic are you studying?
    @KeptinStitches - I fell asleep early last night too. Sunburns are the worst though. Hope you feel better soon!
    @CocoBellaF - 60 degrees?! Jealous over here...
    @speakeasy14 - very important question - milk or dark chocolate?
    @minskat30 - Hopefully it was just something you ate and you'll be fine now!

------------------------------------------------------------

What yummy things are you eating today? Going to lunch with my mom so not sure what we'll eat for lunch. Probably a salad since I'm trying to be good. Tonight DH and I are making stir-fry with chicken and lots of veggies.

What's one thing you could eat all the time forever? Queso or mac and cheese

Do you eat anything that other people find weird? As a kid I was a pseudo-vegetarian. So I'd go to Chili's and order a salad with a side of mashed potatoes. I also used to eat mustard and cheese sandwiches; no lunch meat for me!

What's your go-to snack food? Chips, fruit, chocolate. Although I recently discovered a new snack that I love! Peanut butter on rice cakes. Tastes just like Reese's cereal.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @beachyone15 - Ha!  I just ate a mustard and cheese sandwich on gluten free bread not to long ago.  I'm sure people were eyeing me funny.  I put a tomato slice on it as well...does that make it healthy?  ;)

@jeanna8984 - H asked me once what I would do if I could no longer eat cheese and I told him I'd jump off a bridge because life as I know it would be over.  He then tried to theoretically trade gluten (I have Celiac) for cheese and asked if I'd make the trade...I told him it was a no go.  You'll have to pry the cheese from my cold hands when I die.  Also, french toast with peanut butter sounds like heaven.  
  • @futuremrshistorian I love that salad!!

Matt got runners and new sandals last night!!! YESSSSS FINALLY!
    Also good news, I got both cheques I was waiting for in AND AND AND we're going to get a bed frame soon. PLUS they're on sale 15% off :) YAYYYY!!
    I am not looking forward to the pile of fur that will be there when I moved the current frame. The new one goes straight to the floor, so no cat hiding spots!

Heat warning this week. Entirely too grateful for the a/c in the bedroom. I don't think any of us could exist without it, especially the cats. Fur + hot weather :(

Tonight we're measuring the boxes to be sure they fit in Matt's parents Explorer and then figuring out when is a good time.

I pre made some ham the other day and last night I premade some scalloped potatoes, so I'm excited for that tonight!
    Hmm ... perogies possibly
    Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches.
    hard to say. I don't really have one, so it depends on what's available. We have a fruit tray in the fridge, so I've been picking at that.
  • @twodimes What is this leftover pizza of which you speak? That doesn't happen in my house lol. And I'm with you on the non-breakfast foods....I have been known since middle school to eat things like pork chops for breakfast.

• @TwoDimes poor pup :( she feeling better?
  • @beachyone15 - My dissertation was about how American churches responded to terrorism after World War II.  The book will be similar but I'm trying to figure out how to make it a book and not a dissertation.  It's a long-term project.

At the moment, I'm having a hard enough time getting focused to do anything!
  • @swazzle I'm getting my BA order today and will have the cod tonight. Hoping its good!

@cocobellaf I hate unpredictable weather can be. Not for nothin, I would take a cool day after all of these days in the 90s!

@miskat30 I hope you didn't eat something bad! Glad you are both starting to feel normal again.

@twodimes poor Indy!

I'm making the cod that swazzle ate last night and I will probably eat left over pizza for lunch. Breakfast was a wheat bagel with coffee.

Grilled cheese! or wings maybe. 

my coworkers are not adventurous eaters so whenever I bring in anything ethnic for lunch they tell me I am crazy and will probably have to go to the bathroom 1,000 times in the afternoon. LOL

I love the spicy sweet chili doritos and hot fries! If I can't have either I will have cheese and crackers.
  • 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    In other news, I have very few plans for today. I plan to call the dealership to see where my plates are for my car, since the temp tag expires on the 21st. I also plan to look over every kid on my list for the school year and get back to my principal on some math questions he had. It sucks having to schedule the kids- I feel for him and guidance. So once I accomplish those two things I will just be lounging & watching TV, waiting for the blue apron delivery! 

In more exciting news, I got my wedding video back!!! It's so awesome and I probably spent waaay too much time watching it yesterday. It's 13 minutes long- so yes, it's long. Here it is: http://lmproductions88.com/videos/abigail-derek/

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @labro - That's hilarious about your mom's dream.  I actually had a baby dream last night that I had a baby boy.  I sometimes have a form of sleep paralysis...its scary as hell when I'm dreaming of something scary but last night it was that the baby was crying...I was trying to get up to comfort it and struggling.  Once I finally got out of it I actually sat up thinking I would go into the other room when I realized it was just H making this odd wheeze/snore that sounded like a little cry.  I wanted to hit him but refrained.  ;)

@TwoDimes - Poor Indy!  Raj can't eat rawhide either so I feel you.  

@500days - I'm pretty sure it was something we ate.  We both feel fine today.  We went to a buffet on Sunday so I'm thinking maybe something there wasn't quiet right.   
  • What yummy things are you eating today? At work I eat very healthy so yogurt blueberries, lentil soup for lunch, pear, and an apple for snack.  I think I need some ice cream tonight though

What's one thing you could eat all the time forever? Duh cake.....

Do you eat anything that other people find weird? probably tofu

What's your go-to snack food? I love the spicy sweet doritos but they now give me heartburn.  Lately it's been dark chocolate covered blueberries I got the last time we went to BJ's.  They are so good and it's healthy because fruit right? :-)

I'm a bit upset, regarding some things at work.  Nothing terribly bad, but I just feel frustrated where I'm at professionally.  I also didn't get a good night of sleep thinking about it either.  Work is real busy today, sorry I don't have as much time to reply to everyone day.  I'm a bad NEYer today.   Hopefully two weeks from today I will be taking my exam again and this time passing!

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes Poor Indy!!!! Poop splosions are no fun. :( I'm glad she's feeling better today.

@minskat30 It's funny, after typing up my mom's dream I remembered mine from last night. I dreamt that @southernpeach89 came over to install her carseat and while she was here, she went in to early labor. She wanted to rush to the hospital and I was trying to convince her to wait a little bit so she wasn't in the hospital for hours and hours. In the meantime, we're rushing around trying to figure out the carseat and pack up hospital bags and H is trying to convince me to bring along a folding table and chairs. It was such a bizarre dream!!! Sleep paralysis is the worst though....I sometimes have dreams like that where I feel like I really struggle or it's really painful to move (in reality I'm probably sleeping on my arm or something).

• @500days darn the video won't load at work but I want to watch it later, I love videos!

@minskat30 you combined users and tagged a 500dimes hahahahah

• @jenna8984 I just tried linking the video in my post but it won't save my edit! grrr. I love wedding videos too, so I knew I had to have one for the wedding lol
  • @eilis1228 - Much better today!

@500days - OMG!!!  So much love for this video!!! Plus, you are gorgeous!

@jenna8984 - I fixed it now...I'm a little dislexic sometimes.  :)

• @eilis1228 OMG lol! I love that she had a velociraptor stuffed dinosaur. That's awesome! If you ever visit ATL or if I come to TX, you will definitely get to meet Callie for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards