Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Those little regrets..

2»

Re: Those little regrets..

• thanks for all the tidbit everyone!
  • I would never, ever, ever take out a loan for a wedding. I would rather get married in my parent's backyard and have a homemade brunch for 20 people or something. I agree that it is absolutely not the way to start a marriage, especially if you're already working to pay off other things. There are soooo many ways to do things DIY, cut things out, and other ways to save money. 
    I am getting married one year from TODAY!!!!! so still planning away, and also trying to spread out expenses over the next year rather than waiting to do everything until the 2 months before (bridesmaids gifts, gathering blue ball jars for centerpieces when I find a great deal, etc.) 
    I don't understand why people would feel guilty about asking people, who are typically friends and family, to be in their wedding party. If you felt bad about what they had to spend on attire, couldn't you just pick something less expensive and that they will wear again? Or let them choose their own?
    I don't know, I just can't imagine my sister and my 4 besties not standing next to me, or sitting next to me at dinner, or pics without them! But it totally depends on what you want and it doesn't mean that those people couldn't still be a huge part of your day :)

• Also, just wanted to share...

I'm getting married the other side of the Atlantic ocean from my friends and family (not that they aren't invited or wouldn't like to come it's just not possible). Instead they will visit my soon-to-be-husband and I after we're married and we'll give them a holiday. My wedding budget is $3000. I'm not having any bridesmaids or groomsmen. The wedding reception will be at my in-laws house and the food will be good, home cooked, family get-together-food. I'm not having a photographer - can't afford one. Nor video. There'll be no DJ, only our stereo with our own selection of music. Even if I did have $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 to spare I don't think I'd want to spend it on having a bigger fancier wedding. I want to keep it simple because I think it's really easy to get swept along in spending loads of money on making a big show for other people when really the day should be about two people: you and your partner.

Lets face it - who are centre pieces for anyway? I don't think most men care about centre pieces so ultimately they're just to impress the female guests. I would try and put things in perspective like this. I keep thinking to myself about booking a room to have our reception in but then I come back to the question...who is that for anyway? Both me and my fiance don't want to have a reception in a hired room so it wouldn't be for our benefit. Perhaps some might think me a little selfish but I'm not an entertainer - I just want to marry the man I love.

• Second time round here too, ladies. :)  What a great guy I have this time.  Can't wait!  We've both done this before and this time, it's OUR wedding!  We're getting married at his ranch and having family and close friends. Ohhhhh I'm just so happy. Hope everyone has a wonderful day no matter what choices you make, who your attendants are and who tries to control everything. Being married is the most important. By the end of the day you will be married either way. :) Enjoy it! :)
  • I loved the message about "regreting your choice of groom" LOL! I married at a very young age in 1991. Our wedding was $5,000. The divorce...... was Priceless! I feel nervous, but I'm gonna try this again. this time to a sweet wonderful man who loves me dearly! 9 yrs alone is a long time! Your tips are helpful. Keep um comin!
  • Bubs16502Bubs16502 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I am getting married in June of next year, and I  want to shake anyone who says they can't afford their wedding so they are taking out a loan. Everyone can save something. I have student loans, car loans, we still rent, and lots of other bills. I know every bride wants her dream day, but if it's that important to you, start saving now!! I only set aside $200-$250 a paycheck, everyone can afford to set aside something. After a year of saving, that really adds up!! Also, if you take out a loan to invite more people, then those people give you money and you use it to pay off your loan, aren't you just asking people to pay for their own food that night? Either cut down the guest list, or really do your research to find inexpensive vendors. You can do it!!
  • In response to the bridesmaids/groomsmen: If you & your future hubby want to have people in your wedding, but you're worried about finding something they'll all wear...don't worry about that. If they are your true friends, they will wear whatever you want them to wear. If they complain about what you have picked out, they don't need to be in the wedding!! (ESPECIALLY if you are footing the bill for their attire!!)

I'm getting married in 2 months & we had a groomsmen that threw a fit about wearing a pink tie, pink vest, & pink flower. He said he refused to wear the pink for the duration of the pictures, wedding, & reception. He agreed to wear it for the pics & the wedding, but he was out of it as soon as we said "I do". I put my foot down & said that he had to wear it all or nothing b/c we are footing the bil for the attire & if he's a real friend, pink is no big deal. BTW: he's the only one who's complained a lick about the color.

• sb1213: I think this really depends on your financial situation. If you can swing another loan payment then I say go for it. Starting a marriage in debt isn't the best way to do it (and you have to remember you are going to be racking up some debt on your honeymoon too) BUT I think that if you don't have the wedding of your dreams, you are going to regret it. Personally, I would take out a loan in a heartbeat to have the perfect day with my love to remember for the rest of our lives.
  • i wouldn't take out a loan for your wedding.  I would let your parents buy you specific things to help with the cost without letting them butt in. If your mom has the same taste s as you in dresses, or maybe flowers, let her buy that. Have your groom's parents get the rehearsal dinner and dj (something they will probably leave the decision to you two). Then save whatever you can. You could get a CD at your local bank for 18 months and gain interest on it. I have a savings account at a bank by my work that I have no other accounts at so I don't feel tempted to dip into it. $50 dollars a week is $2600 at the end of a year. That can be made up in your bringing lunch everyday instead of buying it. GOOD LUCK!
  • Hey girls!

Such interesting posts here, I am learning heaps! We are getting married in December and we are having bridesmaids and groomsmen but they are buying their own outfits. The girls are my sisters and best friend and we have all picked a colour that will go with the colour scheme and then we will pick dresses that suit them the most. They said that they would've bought new dresses for the day any way, but I want to honour them by including them in the bridal party. I love the idea that they will be up there on the day with me.

We are having a low key, low budget wedding. We are in it for the marriage, not just the one day, so we don't mind that we aren't spending an arm and a leg (or taking out a loan). It has been hard fitting in doing a lot of the decorating myself (studying and working at the same time) but at the end it is so fulfilling. We are having a spit cooked by my brother in law and all the older laddies are making salads, lasagnas and quiches so no catering! My fiancee's groomsman is a pastry chef and he is making the cupcakes and we have disposable cameras on every table to capture as many moments as people.

After all that, our philosophy is that we want to have a great day and have lots of fun. We see the wedding as making sure family and friends are there - and when you do it on a budget we say 'the more the merrier'. We don't want to regret not inviting people so we will downgrade our centrepieces or not have a dj so we can invite every one we want!

Good luck with all your beautiful days and please enjoy the process!

• @ Missmiranda1 if you have people in mind that you really want to stand up with you, why don't you give them the option of, "here's what color to wear, and i want knee/floor length. pick out your own dress" you don't want to regret not having them with you because of something silly like matching dresses. :)

hope it helps!!
  • I still have just under 8 months till my wedding, but some advice I've received that have really helped me are:

For the DJ, hire a friend or a new DJ. They are actually usually pretty good and a lot less expensive. Same goes for the cake. If you find someone just opening their own shop or just moved to your area, they will probably be a lot cheaper.

I'm doubling my centerpieces and favors together. We are doing a very nature oriented wedding, so we're using plants instead of flowers and my family and friends all love plants, so they can all take one home if they want. And to add some color, I'm putting out pitchers of punch instead of having punch servers.

And for my dress. I actually purchased it used. It's what I wanted and in excellent condition and a lot cheaper then a new one, and I plan on selling it after my wedding if it still looks good.

Hope this helps others as much as its helped me.
  • Well me and my boyfriend are considering a loan not only for the wedding reception but also the honeymoon. I dont know, i dont think its such a great idea, and I'm still hoping that we could avoid it. but in reality a lot of couples are taking out loans for that purpose.
    Never a good way to start your married life with a loan, so avoid it if your can, but if scraping to avoid the loan will have making major cuts and u will end up in loads of regrets about your wedding and honeymoon, then i say just take the loan. its a big moment in your life where u should be able to get what you want.
  • aachannoichiaachannoichi member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_those-little-regrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:f092d1d2-a963-44d4-af7f-35fb0e525160Post:f68b8b9a-1a09-4811-98eb-dfd33f7e5918">Re: Those little regrets..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone taken out a loan to help pay for parts of their wedding? And if so do you regret doing that? My fiance and I still have 2 years till our wedding, but we don't want to ask our parents for help because they're the kind of people that will butt their way in and also hold that money over our heads. However, we're both paying student loans on top of everything else that comes with being in our 20s and we're finding out really quickly that to have the wedding we really want, its going to be costly...
    Posted by sb1213[/QUOTE]

No, no, no...  You never want to take out a loan for a wedding, especially if you already have major expenses like student loans.  If you have two years then save, save, save.  If you can spare it, put $100 dollars a month into a savings account (perferably one with interest building on it) and in a year you should have $1200 dollars saved and more with interest.  I know my mother is saving leftover $5 dollar bills at the end of each week for a laptop.  She says she has about $500 dollars now.

Also try not to think about "what you want" but "what you would like to have" vs. "what you need".  Can you live without the designer dress, but go for something similar but not designer?  Do you need a premium top shelf bar or do you want to just serve wine and beer?  Do you want to pay for 200 people to eat filet mignon or will everyone be just as happy with a nice chicken dish?  Must you have orchids or calla lillies or would you be just as happy with less expensive florals?

Then too shop around, shop around, shop around.  I am always shopping around for affordable photographers, videographers, and DJ's (Although DJ's never list their prices online which I find frustrating).  I know it can be tedious but its good to know what things cost and figure out how to fit it in the budget or you may want to scrap it all together.

And lastly, look for venues that include things like centerpeices for tables or votive candles.  Time of year will help with costs too.  Anything from November to April is inexpensive and anything after May is basically sky high.  And watch out for hidden costs like chair cover fees, site fees, chair set up fees those will eat into your costs as well.  Some of those fees may not be avoidable, but you can at least calulate those fees and add them into your budget.

My fiancee is paying for our wedding, because I'm in school and I'm not working.  Our max budget is $15,000, but my goal is to keep it way under that.  And its easy to get caught up in frilly things like flowers, chocolate fountains, and dresses, but you just have to keep a level head and figure out what you need and what is a luxury.  Good luck to you.
  • As a bride of 2011, your comments have been really helpful. It makes me more sure that out decision to have a small wedding in our living room with a very few (we have a very small house) close friends is the right thing to do. We could never afford to have a wedding to invite the friends and family we would love to be there and we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. This way I get the guy, my closest friends are there, and we save a bunch of money that can be better used on the honeymoon or buying another home!

thanks ladies!
  • I agree making your own decorations saves money. My future MIL (who used to be a florist thank the lord!) and I decided to make our own.

I went to my cousins wedding last summer and it gave me the idea they don't have to all be alike. I like rustic country stuff, so I think I am going to do some lanterns, flowers, maybe some mason jars, stuff that we can get around  the house.

• I too am having issues with who I've chosen to be my BM's.... there's a couple of really good friends and friends who were really good friends but have since been having major issues with and really wish I would've thought this through a lot longer and not just asked before I was really ready for the drama that's been going on recently... I wish I could "un-ask" a few of them, and just have the other three girls I really want in my wedding, but it's a definite no-no to ask them to step down when we're still on talking terms and things seem to be on the mend right now... but for all those Brides out there who are in the very beginning stages of your planning, really truly think of who you would like to share in your special day with you, and won't cause you any drama or heartache on your wedding day!! I am having a really hard time right now being happy with who I have involved in my wedding and regret not keeping it small and only having a few girls... if I could do it over, I would only have my soon-to-be SIL, and two really good friends, but I am up to 6 attendants now... Oy!!! 

Any advice in how to stay sane while waiting to see how this will all pan out is greatly appreciated!!  
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sb1213: The number one cause of divorce (according to reports) is financial issues/disagreements so please don't take out a loan. FI and I talked about this from the start because we aren't getting a lot of help paying for the wedding and reception  at all and we both agreed that we'll just make the tough choices needed to keep costs down rather than go into debt just for the wedding - remember, your marriage is a lifetime, the wedding is a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got married 9 days ago, and while the day went off without a hitch. There were still a few small details that only seem to be bothering me. We hired a way too expensive wedding planner who didn't hold up her end of the bargain and fought me tooth and nail on just about everything, down to the bitter end. That was stress that I just didn't need, and money that I didn't need to spend.

My flowers were ugly. The DJ that I originally wanted was unavailable at the last minute so we had to go with someone else. He failed to get people dancing until about an hour in. 

We had candy apples for favors on display on our late nite table, except for the fact that the wedding planner and the hotel didn't actually 'display' the apples, just took them out of the fridge on an ugly cookie sheet. Not set up on a riser like we had discussed. 

Ugh, this really gets me going :(
    "does this sweater make me look fat?" "no, the fact that your fat makes you look fat. That sweater just makes you look purple".
  • My wedding was a few days ago (Oct 8th, 2010) and I am sure I will probably add to this topic but some of my regrets were:

1- not inviting more people. My wedding was much too small (50 people) and I deliberately did it that way because my fiance (now husband) didn't want a big wedding in the first place. So we both decided not to invite ANY co-workers. Then to make matters worse, we had several no-shows at the reception so at least 2 out of the 5 or 6 tables we had looked very empty.

2- not being more on top of my DJ. He didn't play many of the songs I asked him to, and didn't bother to do any of the Group dances I requested (Electric Slide, the Cha Cha slide). We had an older crowd and the dance floor didn't start to pick up until after the entrees were served.

3- not picking out a better picture location. I was overwhelmed with so many choices I left this for last and in the end, we just took pics at a local park down the street from the Church..I just couldn't justify paying $350 for pictures at Old Westbury Gardens (botanical garden) or any other place that charged fees.

THings i do NOT regret:

1- getting lighting for the room. it really made our pictures stand out!! Uplighting is the best and worth every penny!

2- obsessing over having 2 gowns at the reception. I was so relieved to get out of my ceremony gown and slip into something more comfortable for dancing!

3- hiring a Day of Coordinator. She really was on top of my limo driver who was always wandering off while we were moving from picture location to location and she was a godsend in helping our maitre-d locate the missing vases for my reception centerpieces (my florist had accidentally left our centerpieces for another wedding scheduled on another floor!).

4- not having a Bridal Party (no bridesmaids or groomsment). I only had a Best Man and Maid of Honor. BEST DECISIION EVER. There was no drama and I had a really smooth time getting ready on the day of.
  • All of these Tips are so helpful, I'm a Oct 2011 bride, just starting to plan our wedding.  I have a budget and guest list, photographer and venue so far.  What keeps me sane is my practical fiance.  He is very creative, planning to have water bottles ready at the reception and drinks while taking pictures.  A bouncy castle for the kids, and a nanny.

Something I'm not sure about, I asked my best friend to be my Maid of Honor.  Another friend (she actually got me&my fiance together and plays a very important part in our relationship) what can I ask her to do?  And do you normally have someone else bring in the rings?  I wanted to ask my sisters daughter (I basically raised her) to bring in the rings? 

Any advice?

• Missmeranda1 – Something that I haven’t seen mentioned (unless I missed it) is that you don’t HAVE to have your bridal party match completely. It’s up to you and your FI if having your best friends, matching people, or no attendants stand with you would make you both happy.
    I’m having 3 attendants, but they all have different body types, coloring, personal taste, and budgets so finding one dress that worked for all of them was going to be nearly impossible. Additionally, they all live in different cities across the country, so trying to find 1 store that they could actually try the dress on at was another issue. I ended up giving them some color and style guidelines and let them each pick out their own dresses. I know it may sound kind of scary, but I’ve shopped with, asked style advice from, and barrowed clothes from each of these ladies for years, so I trust their taste. It still took a bit of coordination (and lots of emails), but this way, I know they each got a dress they love, that fit their budget, and I’m happy because they’re happy. It could have been easier if we were able to go shopping togther, but it was still fun and I love the eclectic look that it’ll add to my wedding photos.
  • I have no regrets!! Why??  You can't go back and change the past for starters, and your wedding already passed!  Was it a mission accomplished?  Did you end up marrying the man of your dreams?  Cherish those positive moments, put those thoughts to constructive use, and take more pictures, go on trips with your DH, spend time with his family etc.  Live your life to the fullest, and drop these regrets away!

You had a wonderful wedding, the dress was stunning, the guests that were there blessed your new union/marriage, there were even goofy moments!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Ladies...remember there are no rules...just what works for you!  What will make you happy in the end.
    LIfe is short...go with what works for you! 
    If you do not want bridesmaids and attendants then don't have any! SImple as that!
    Our wedding is very small...40 guests.  My daughter who is 31 will stand up for me because she is the right choice...Ray's son's will stand by him...again, the right choice...but we would be just as well if we stood alone...two strong and able minded adults making an adult decision to become one!  That is all that matters!
    As far as decorations and centerpieces...I am going with none. We are using the liriodendron in Bel Air and having the fireplaces lit...that is a decoration and will be wonderful...but to put money towards decorations that are left after we did not choose to do that.
    My bouquet are the only flowers being bought for the entire wedding. The men do not need flowers...so we are passing.
    My bouguet will be two groups of ivory roses tied seperately but then a final ribbon will go around the two of them to make it one bouquet....after the wedding instead of throwing my bouquet at 50 years old and to my own children and family...how silly, I will take the ribbon off and give my two beautiful granddaughters my flowers...as they are the flower girls.

Anyway....do what makes you happy and fits you and your own personal style.

It is aferall....YOUR DAY!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_those-little-regrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f092d1d2-a963-44d4-af7f-35fb0e525160Post:4dad577f-6561-4503-8238-4681c09d3d5e">Re: Those little regrets..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question for everyone... is it really necessary to have bridesmaids and groomsmen?  We are having a problem in finding something that they will all wear.  I'm beginning to think that it will be better for us if we do not have any at all.  And I think that if they do not want to wear what matches and coordinates then they do not need to be involved at all but how do we tell them nicely that they have to wear what we have picked or they cannot be in our wedding???  HELP PLEASE!!!
    Posted by missmeranda1[/QUOTE]

Hi Missmeranda,
    No it is not necessay, but.............
    I only chose my 2 sisters and our 2 sons as attendants, because I knew my sisters wouldn't cause drama about anything. Our sons wore what we chose for them as always. 

If you have one or 2 relatives or close friends it is so elegant to have a small bridal party (and more cost effective) 

I told the sisters to choose a gown in my colors that coordinates with the style of my gown. Although I did go with my sister to choose the gown it was her decision, long or short gown, and the other sister said choose a dress and I will go along with it.

My sis chose a lovely gown of her color choosing (we had navy, purple, fuschia, and gold for our colors) in her price range. The gown was purple and went with my gown and the color scheme.

I did not tell them what shoes or jewelry to wear or how to wear their hair. I really wanted them to show their individuality with hair and jewelry. They could have chosen 2 different colors, but both loved the purple so they chose the same color.

Perhaps if you choose a color and length they must wear and let them choose the rest it will be easier.

Do not let them falter. If you get complaints, just say this:
    This is the color scheme I have chosen, the decision has been made, and my decor and color scheme is not changing so I would appreciate it greatly if you could comply with my choices, end of discussion. Explain that all of your flowers and decor have been chosen and deposits made.

If they don't come around, repeat the statement. Be strong. <strong>Do not falter or let anyone talk you out of your vision.  </strong>If they still don't want to comply, just explain that this is a wedding and you are downsizing your bridal party because some don't want to wear the color I have chosen. So we are going with just a few people that will comply with our requests regarding attire.

Good Luck!
  • Hi Girls,
    I read the advice of all the ladies and it is excellent. Just my two cents on saving money below... 

I paid for most of my wedding myself, the fiance helped me out at the end. He just wanted his number and wasn't involved in the planning unless he saw me getting stressed out then he jumped in to help and did everything I asked him to do.

His jobs were to plan and pay for the honeymoon, get/pay for his and our boys attire, pay for his mom's attire (she's on a fixed income) Pay half for the catering and bar. Pay for the rehersal dinner/bar, and buy the rings.

The rest I planned and paid for.

When things got dicey in the end, I handed it over to him and the wedding planner to relieve my stress. I let go of it all the last week.

I found a wedding planner just starting her business and wanted experience so she offered to do my wedding free.She was worth her weight in gold and I gave her stellar reviews on every website I could find and she got a bunch of new business out of it. I gave her all of the framed table numbers and all of the escort card holders. I also gave her a gorgeous arrangement from the wedding and some of our left over food and cake!!!!

I found a budget photographer looking to expand her portfolio. I wish I had gone with a professional photographer, but I haven't seen the pics yet, so we'll see.
    BUT she didn't get the family pics I wanted and that is my only regret surrounding the wedding day.

DYI is your cost saving friend. I wanted certain things at the wedding and found a way to have everything I wanted but I did it on a budget. I bought all my framed table numbers from another knottie for 20 bucks. There were already completed. Surf the Trash to Treasure Board and see if you can buy stuff from another knottie.  Use Michaels and JoAnn's coupons, every week they have special deals.

Do not buy anything you don't absolutely need. Don't buy anything until your budget is completed. Don't buy anything early in the planning process because you may change your mind about stuff or If you even want it.

I made my own invitations. It was fun and I got to get creative. I saved a lot on these. I got all the elements on sale at www.cardsandpockets.com. Watch for their 25% off sales, you really save a lot during these sales. The product was very high quality, good delivery times, a good vendor.

We did not use professional Transportation. My family drove their cars to the wedding, we have some Lincolns and BMW's. Both ceremoney and reception were at the same site with no lag time, the guests LOVED THIS!

I only had my family in the bridal party (2 on each side) and kept it SMALL, it cuts down on buying lots of bridesmaids and groomsmens gifts and mostly just cuts drama, which you don't need at the end believe me. Gifts were kept at 25 bucks each.

I had a friend sing in my wedding and did not have ceremony musicians, saved a lot there too and it was soooooooooo special to have my friend sing in the wedding. I used my DJ for all the other ceremony music. I had 2 readers, 2 ushers, and a program girl. ALL FAMILY. No drama.

For favors, I just had Jordon almonds in tulle and I made little Thank You card and attached them with a gold cord. Total cost for 95 guests, maybe 25 bucks. No one notices if you have them or not - really!

I purchased paper and the fiance took over making the programs, He designed, printed, puched little holes, folded them, and tied the ribbon.
    Total cost: about 15 bucks for 95. We had a TON left over, so only make one for each couple. Someone had given me that advice and I didn't follow it and ended up with 50 left over programs.

BUT if you can't afford favors and programs, don't have them, they are not needed, and it's not noticed if they aren't there.

I didn't have bubbles, petals, or rice, no big exit. Not needed. Didn't do a bouquet toss, so I saved on that. NO garter throw, but I did buy a $2.50 garter at Michaels and wore it. During our recessional the officient had the guests line the isles, and we walked while they were clapping, my fiance dipped and kissed me right in the middle and the guests loved it. I loved it too! such a cute surprise. .You can have as little or as much as you want at your wedding. BUT PLEASE don't buy into all the stuff that the wedding websites say you need.
    They are in it to take your money. 

I  had our caterer make a buttercream cake with a simple white design. Using my caterer saved me on a set up and delivery charge from a bakery. My cake was $225. delicous and pretty. My florist used simple hydrangia on the cake and it was gorgeous, and cost effective.

I had my regular salon do my hair the morning of. They had a special deal for trial and wedding day of 125 bucks. Not too bad. I had professional make up. I do regret that. I wish I had gone to a make up counter instead to save money.

Don't skimp on your gown. Find a nice style and buy from a reputable salon. I really goofed up on this and it ended up costing me dearly in the end.

You can have a wonderful and  lovely wedding on a budget, just be creative.

• Wow, I'm thrilled that so many people have posted their regrets/advice on here since I made this post. I was feeling blue about those little things, and wanted to know that others out there felt the same way...whether about the same things, or different things.
    It's nice to know that we all will have little things, but if we can remember that things were GREAT overall, then that's what matters.
    I think it's awesome that these comments have helped brides with an upcoming wedding give some thought to the things we overlooked. It all has a purpose!
    I can't wait to help others (like my sisters!) plan their weddings in years to come.
    I hope that other ladies out there can take what they learned and use it to help someone else! And that you are enjoying the wonderful gift of marriage : )
  • staciegoodwinstaciegoodwin member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010

You must pick bridesmaids that mean something to you. They are to be the people that if your realtionship finds hard times, you go to them to find some kind of support and strength. Their job is to stand up for you and your relationship, not to look pretty on your wedding day. People who will do this for you through out your married life, will understand that if your desire is to dress them up in crazy ugly outfts then they will just have to do it and make fun of the pictures later.

• Regrets?
    I think I wore too much blush.  It looks off in some of the pictures.  I had it done where I did my hair, and she wasn't a professional.
    Oh and in the pre-ceremony pictures, I kind of look like a deer in headlights.
    Other than that, there were little things that didn't go as planned, wrong song was played for mother/son dance.  And the centerpieces weren't exactly what I wanted.  But it still ended up a beautiful wedding, and other than the blush thing, i'm really happy with how it all turned out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards