Chit Chat
Options

Sticker shock

2»

Re: Sticker shock

• Options
    THATS WHAT I SAID! I was like... You mean 2500?  And he was like... nope. 25000. I was like... uhh... do you have a portfolio? "Not on me"

Who goes to an interview with out a resume??  With no website, how did you hear of him?
    Kind of like Craigslist, but it's called Kijiji 
  • Options
    OP, where is your venue?

• Options
    OP, where is your venue?
    In the Berkshires, one of the gilded age homes.
  • Options
    THATS WHAT I SAID! I was like... You mean 2500?  And he was like... nope. 25000. I was like... uhh... do you have a portfolio? "Not on me"

Who goes to an interview with out a resume??  With no website, how did you hear of him?
    Kind of like Craigslist, but it's called Kijiji 
    Sounds like this dude is not a real photographer and is just trying to swindle a shit ton of money out of people.  He probably doesn't even do contracts because "oh you can trust him."

• Options
    aliwis000aliwis000 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2015
    luckya23 said:
    My biggest sticker shock was a photographer I met with -0 he was 25000 for the whole day and a second shooter. I almost peed myself. I was expecting about 5000-8000 on a photographer, not 25000. That's more than we spent on our entire wedding lol
    I'm still choking on the 5-8k. 
    AGREE!

We went over budget and spent 4k on our photographer. 7 hours of shooting, second shooter on day of and engagement shoot. This does not include an album though...those start at an extra 2k....lol so much NOPE. We did spend more than the original budget for pictures. The person we picked is the highest of all we looked at.

But 25k? Come on. I just do not see it unless I guess there are just a ton of prints and album creations attached. But even then lets say that is 7k out of the 25 that are print and print related, another 3k for other shoots like engagement and bridals bringing the wedding day to 15k. So that is 15k for 2 shooters, so 7.5k a person. At 8 hours that is almost $1000 per person per hour.....WTF.  Sorry as much as I value my pictures I do not value them at a grand an hour.

The only way I am paying that is either a doctor who is the best in the world to save my life or a lawyer who is also the best to represent me at a murder trial.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards