Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

help me accessorize a dress for a wedding and bridal shower

I just bought a dress at TJ Max that I'm hoping to wear to a wedding this weekend and a bridal shower next weekend(different friends groups at both). I am a little at a loss as to how to accessorize though. Help!

Wedding: Backyard wedding for a cousin. Tents will be set up in the backyard, so no heels. Forecast says temp will be 77-61 here so probably a light sweater for the evening.

Bridal shower: For a Neighbor/Friend. Will be at a nice coffee shop.

**excuse the crappy dressing room pic.

Re: help me accessorize a dress for a wedding and bridal shower

• Options
    Well you could always find a coordinating belt and add a chunky bracelet for the shower.

For the wedding you could get a simple bracelet and long necklace and then pair all of that with a nice pair of wedges or a fancy pair of flat sandals.

• Options
    aliwis000aliwis000 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2015
    I agree with PP.

Wedding: Wedge shoes, maybe a patent leather with peep toe. Simple silver bracelet and earrings. Clutch handbag. If you do the light sweater you could always pin a nice brooch on it to add a bit of sparkle. (I know I know, sometimes associated with old people but I still think they are classy if done in a fresh way. Heck..then again my grandmother has some from the 60's that are awesome!)

Shower: Flats/nice sandals. Larger handbag and chunky bracelet or stackable bracelets.
  • Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    Wedding: Another vote for wedge shoes, or, if you're taller, some dressier flats would be cute.  I'd also add a belt maybe in silver or gold, along with some silver or gold dangley earrings and a bracelet. 

Shower: Again, a belt, but in a fun color like yellow with some bracelets in a fun color that goes with the belt.  Shoes, agree with flats or nicer sandals.
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards