Hawaii

Starting to plan destination wedding

Hi everyone! We are in the very beginning stages of planning a destination wedding to Oahu, most likely in the fall of 2016. We will be flying in 23 of our closest family/friends, that 23 does include us and our 3 boys. We are not looking to have a big reception, as dancing and alcohol are not part of our celebration due to religious reasons, but we do want to feed everyone some amazing food, and have a cake. We are paying for all of the flights and hotel, so that right there is a lot right off the bat. 

We are currently looking at doing the ala carte ceremony at Turtle Bay Resort, and I'm waiting on a quote from them on their group rates for hotel rooms. I also need to find out if they do receptions/cake cuttings at one of their on site restaurants. 

Has anyone done something like this and have experience? What is the best way to buy that many airplane tickets to save $$$? Same with hotel rooms, is their group discount a good one? 

And, is there any other place that might be just as good or better than TBR; we are absolutely set on having a private beach ceremony where we are literally right in the sand. :) 

Thanks everyone in advance!!! 

Re: Starting to plan destination wedding

•  
    Hi everyone! We are in the very beginning stages of planning a destination wedding to Oahu, most likely in the fall of 2016. We will be flying in 23 of our closest family/friends, that 23 does include us and our 3 boys. We are not looking to have a big reception, as dancing and alcohol are not part of our celebration due to religious reasons, but we do want to feed everyone some amazing food, and have a cake. We are paying for all of the flights and hotel, so that right there is a lot right off the bat. 

We are currently looking at doing the ala carte ceremony at Turtle Bay Resort, and I'm waiting on a quote from them on their group rates for hotel rooms. I also need to find out if they do receptions/cake cuttings at one of their on site restaurants. 

Has anyone done something like this and have experience? What is the best way to buy that many airplane tickets to save $$$? Same with hotel rooms, is their group discount a good one? 

And, is there any other place that might be just as good or better than TBR; we are absolutely set on having a private beach ceremony where we are literally right in the sand. :) 

Thanks everyone in advance!!! 
    We stayed in Waikiki, and everyone paid for their own flights, so I can't help you there.  We got married at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach Hotel on the Voyager Deck.  They have several packages for ceremony and reception to choose from.  It overlooks Waikiki Beach, so it is very close to the sand.  We popped down there for photos too.  They don't allow amplified music after 9pm, due to the proximity of hotel rooms, so we didn't do a dance ourselves.  We did their Polynesian show and went to the restaurant for a karaoke after party.   We did bring our own cake in, but they were very willing to work with us on dropping/adding vendors to their packages.  

If you are dead set on the beach, you will need a private beach.  Public beaches in Hawaii require a $20 permit and they don't allow any structures (chairs, arches, etc.) and anyone can walk by and watch, which it sounds like you don't want.  

Another option would be Paradise Cove (where they do the Luaus), but personally, I found them a little expensive back when I looked.  But they do offer a small private beach space for weddings. 

Just ask if you have questions

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards