Snarky Brides

I finally get it...PPD

So, when I first started lurking on TK, I didn't really get why so many people hated PPDs. I wasn't going to have one, but I thought that if I were invited to one I'd go and have a fun time regardless of whether or not I knew the couple were actually married. I figured, well it's what they want to do, so whatever.

However! An acquaintance from high school got married this summer...and her Pinterest posts show that she is still planning a PPD for next April. I also know a couple who I used to know in the USCG who got married one summer and had a full blown PPD last year.

After starting to plan my own wedding and getting excited about everything, it totally clicked with me why PPDs are stupid and kinda like a slap in the face to weddings. The PPD will not be as special as your actual wedding day. THAT is the day that matters...regardless of whether or not it includes a white dress, cake, dancing, and toasts.

After realizing this, I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to attend a PPD. I might not even attend, I don't know...I like a good party, but I don't know if I would be able to get over the fact that it's all just for show and doesn't really mean anything.

Re: I finally get it...PPD

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards