Attire & Accessories Forum

Anybody else nervous about your hair trail/day of hair?

I just scheduled my hair trial, and I have to admit, I am pretty nervous about it! I have saved pictures of what I want and sent them to my hairdresser, and she loves it. But I still can't help but have some nerves! What if it looks great during the trial but doesn't turn out the same on the wedding day?

Anybody else have anxiety over your hair?

Re: Anybody else nervous about your hair trail/day of hair?

• I wasn't nervous because I knew that if there was something that I didn't like then it could be changed.  This is a lot easier to do during a trial then the actual day of because you are more on a time crunch.  Also, your hairstylist will feel more comfortable with knowing what you want and also how your hair holds up/works in whatever style you are wanting.

And if it helps, my hair actually looked ten times better the day of my wedding then it did the day of the trial.

• The girl who did my hair for the trial and wedding day had been doing my hair for a couple of years and I was confident in her abilities and she knew how my hair worked. I was pretty at ease because she knew the look I was going for. 

My hair looked different for trials and the wedding but not by a lot and still looked exactly how I wanted it. it is natural to be nervous  but I think by having a trial, it will help calm those nerves. during the trial, be honest. Tell her if you would rather have it a little different or if you are afraid it is going to fall or any concerns you have. That way she can fix them then and on your wedding day!

• Yes.  I'm having a friend do mine.  I want to have it up b/c my ceremony will (hopefully) be out doors and I don't want the wind blowing my hair in my face (yeah I know- that's what hairspray is for), but I don't like 99% of pictures of myself with my hair up.  I just look better with it down...
  • I'm actually excited thinking about my hair and make up trial. How far out did you schedule yours btw? I'm getting a bit of conflicting info on what the timeline is and how long before the wedding you're supposed to do it.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm actually excited thinking about my hair and make up trial. How far out did you schedule yours btw? I'm getting a bit of conflicting info on what the timeline is and how long before the wedding you're supposed to do it.
    Mine is going to be 2 weeks before the wedding. My hairdresser didn't really want to do it any earlier than that. Which I'm guessing is because she doesn't want to forget how she did it. Ha! If you know who you want to do yours I'd just talk to them and see how soon they would prefer to do it.

Mine is going to be 2 weeks before the wedding. My hairdresser didn't really want to do it any earlier than that. Which I'm guessing is because she doesn't want to forget how she did it. Ha! If you know who you want to do yours I'd just talk to them and see how soon they would prefer to do it.

Ok, cool. I know who, or at least the place, that will be doing it beause it come with my wedding package, so I guess I should just call up and see.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Yes.  I'm having a friend do mine.  I want to have it up b/c my ceremony will (hopefully) be out doors and I don't want the wind blowing my hair in my face (yeah I know- that's what hairspray is for), but I don't like 99% of pictures of myself with my hair up.  I just look better with it down...
    Have you thought of maybe half up half down? That way it would be away from your face but still have that length

• I had my trial the morning of my shower, which was 6 weeks before my wedding.  She came to my house where the shower was being held so that was convenient. 

I was a little nervous, but not too much.  My hair/makeup artist came recommended from my photographer, so I figured it was a good recommendation since the photographer would know if her work was good or bad!  

My trial went well, I didn't even want her to change anything.  She told me it would look a lot better on the day of, just because she'd be using more product and I'll be add in some pretty hair pins.... I didn't want her to go overboard since my shower was right afterwards.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • edited August 2015
    @Maggie0829 @emmaaa @julieanne219 thank you ladies for the encouragement! I'm sure it will be fine, I just can't help but sweat it a little!

• I'm actually more nervous AFTER having my hair trial. My hair is very curly and I'll be leaving most of down. The stylist who will be doing my hair says it needs to be straightened and then they'll curl it. She said straightening my hair will help my hair not be so frizzy. I liked what my hair looked like after my trial, but I stressed to her, that I wanted it to be more curly than what she had done. She assured me it would. So I'm doing my best not to stress and trust her. 

Have you thought of maybe half up half down? That way it would be away from your face but still have that length

I hadn't but I'll look for something like that as another option.
  • I was from OOT. I never had a trial.  Never even met the stylist until the morning of.  I like living on the edge I guess, because no I was not worried at all.

I had a pretty simple half-up/half-down style with some hair pins thrown in.  I was more worried about the weather (there was a tropical storm that day).  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • pennydl said:
    I'm actually more nervous AFTER having my hair trial. My hair is very curly and I'll be leaving most of down. The stylist who will be doing my hair says it needs to be straightened and then they'll curl it. She said straightening my hair will help my hair not be so frizzy. I liked what my hair looked like after my trial, but I stressed to her, that I wanted it to be more curly than what she had done. She assured me it would. So I'm doing my best not to stress and trust her. 
    That is odd that she said that because I was always told to never straighten (with a straightening iron) my hair prior to curling it because the curl wouldn't hold.  Did she use an iron or did she give you a straight blow out?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards