Flowers

Florist for a single bouquet?

I'm having a very small wedding in the pastor's office of our church. There will be 13 guests, no wedding party, and the reception will be us paying for dinner at a local restaurant. So there is no real need for much decoration or flowers. However, I would like a bouquet. I'm not particularly into DIY so I didn't really want to try and make a bouquet for myself. Is it worth contacting a florist for such a small flower order?

Re: Florist for a single bouquet?

• Yes!  You contact a florist to send a single bunch of flowers to someone in the hospital - why would you consider this any "less" of an order for a florist?  Heck, even FTD offers single bridal bouquets on their site that can be ordered in/delivered.  Unless you want really exotic blooms, this is something you should be able to walk in to any florist and be able to order without issue...
  • MesmrEwe said:
    Yes!  You contact a florist to send a single bunch of flowers to someone in the hospital - why would you consider this any "less" of an order for a florist?  Heck, even FTD offers single bridal bouquets on their site that can be ordered in/delivered.  Unless you want really exotic blooms, this is something you should be able to walk in to any florist and be able to order without issue...
    Thanks! I guess I didn't really think of it in the same realm as sending someone an arrangement for the hospital or valentines or something. I feel so much better now! 
  • Absolutely! No reason you can't have a gorgeous, professionally-done bouquet!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • When I worked at a florist for a few years we did many "just one bouquet" orders.  Many times they were for couples who decided to go to the court house and get married.  Either they would come in the day before and just say to put together something pretty or they would come in a month before and request certain flowers or colors.  Either way a florist would happily put together a bouquet for you.

• Sure. Just because you only want one bouquet and not several doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't have one.
  • Another vote for getting a beautiful bouquet professionally done. Just because you are having an intimate ceremony & then dinner, doesn't mean you shouldn't do the full bridal experience if you want from a professional bouquet, getting your hair done, treating yourself to a mani/pedi if you want. No matter how big or small the event will be, this is still your wedding day.

• Erikan73 said:

Another vote for getting a beautiful bouquet professionally done. Just because you are having an intimate ceremony & then dinner, doesn't mean you shouldn't do the full bridal experience if you want from a professional bouquet, getting your hair done, treating yourself to a mani/pedi if you want. No matter how big or small the event will be, this is still your wedding day.

Thank you, I'm very excited for our small wedding but I do want to feel like a bride. Things like a bouquet and a pretty dress definitely help. 
  • I'm only going to a florist for my bouquet and doing the rest myself. I think there's just something stress free about having someone else handle that part for me!
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    Would you go to a florist to order a corsage?  Of course!  A bouquet is no different.  Order one that you will love.

PS.  Your wedding plans sound lovely!  My grandmother was married like that.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:

PS.  Your wedding plans sound lovely!  My grandmother was married like that.

Aw thank you! I was worried in the beginning because we're not super social or be the center of attention type folks but our little wedding is shaping up nicely. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    Your wedding plans are really very traditional.  These huge big production weddings are relatively new, and they often come with a lot of stress and expense..

After you are married, you should send out wedding announcements to relatives and friends who were not at your wedding.  Vistaprint can do it very cheaply, and people will like getting the news.  This doesn't mean that they should send gifts, but you might get some nice cards of congratulations.

Mr. and Mrs. John Bridesparents
    announce the marriage of their daughter
    Bride's First Middle
    to
    Mr. Groom's Full Name
    Date
    City, State

or

Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    announce their marriage
    Date
    City, State
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • adwksadwks member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    Thank you. I had made a post about what to say regarding the marriage announcements on one of the other boards but this is concise and clear to the point.  
    CMGragain said:
    Your wedding plans are really very traditional.  These huge big production weddings are relatively new, and they often come with a lot of stress and expense..

After you are married, you should send out wedding announcements to relatives and friends who were not at your wedding.  Vistaprint can do it very cheaply, and people will like getting the news.  This doesn't mean that they should send gifts, but you might get some nice cards of congratulations.

Mr. and Mrs. John Bridesparents
    announce the marriage of their daughter
    Bride's First Middle
    to
    Mr. Groom's Full Name
    Date
    City, State

or

Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    announce their marriage