Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    @Ollie08 - They're more on the thin side. The material is great!

@beachyone15 - We're spending 4 nights in Cape Town and 3 nights on a safari. I'm packing for the first part like I would for any city trip. Skinny pants, jeans, layers, booties. And I'm packing super comfy/casual for the second part since it'll be early morning game drives, lounging around camp, then an early evening game drives and early to bed. I am so behind on Bachelor in Paradise! I'll probably never end up catching up at this rate. 

• Options
    Hi @Ollie08! The offer from the first buyer fell through so now my landlord has another buyer- apparently she's trying to work it out with this one that we don't have to be out until Nov 30 which gives us more time. Just such a frustrating process. My mom always says everything happens for a reason so something better will come along. I hope it comes along fast!

• Options

@500days I don't even know what the heck a chromebook is....I am going to be so lost when I ever have school aged children. Stuff is SO different than it was for us...

@peaseblossom55 That name is gorgeous. You are so strong and amazing!

@lavenderfields13 I feel like I've asked you this but I can't remember- do you guys have cars where you could move a little further out? The end of a T like Riverside area or something?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    @jenna8984 We do have cars- which is making our search more difficult because we want a place with parking since parking is brutal in the winter. H took the police exam this year so he wants to stay in Boston until he finds out his scores. He also wants to stay in our area which is limiting our search. 
    eta: he wants to get on BPD so that's why he wants to stay here

• Options
    @jenna8984 Haha! It's just like a tablet but in small laptop form. And you are so right- things are way different than when we were in school. I don't even know my students' handwriting since everything is done on the chromebook. 
  • Options
    @lavenderfields13 ooooo yea that's a lot of factors limiting it for you. You will find the one! Good luck to your hubs, hope he gets on! My H had applied for BFD and even though he had 8 years experience and top scores they basically told him "You're at the end of a 500 person waitlist who are all veterans so they get priority over you". It was bullshit.

• Options
    @Jenna8984 yeah his chances are REALLY slim since he's not a vet but he took it anyways

• Options
    @twodimes, thanks for the guilt. I have graduation thank-yous to write - I know what I'm doing tonight after accounting homework!
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55 what a beautiful name. Sending lots of happy thoughts your way. Do not feel bad about talking about her, that shows just how much she is loved. You're an amazing mother.

@minskat30 yeah I went to law school straight from undergrad then went on to get my MPA.  I cannot wait to be done.

@jenna8984 yeah, my parent's had a messy divorce which led to my mom losing the house.  We were lucky though because we live in a county that has the highest foreclosure rates in the state, so it took 3 years before it entered the court system, and another 2 before it went to Sheriff's sale.  The house never actually sold, something happened and the bank canceled the foreclosure.  We aren't sure why, not even the bank's attorney had an answer.  But my mom was ready to move on so she moved in with her Fi about two months ago.  She just kept the electric on so that my siblings and I could get everything moved out. 

@ollie08 Welcome back!!! 

• Options
    @audrewuh - Have not seen that!  I have some birthday money to spend this weekend, so I might check it out.  Thanks!!!  :)
  • Options
    @cu97tiger and @audrewuh - I am also a Quick Unpacker!  I am weird and like to schedule an extra half or full day after a vacay to do unpacking, laundry, and grocery shopping.
  • Options
    @twodimes

and thank you!! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    @andrewuh hard to explain but majority of the time my stomach hates coffee but has zero issue with a latte. I know it makes zero sense.
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55 You and your H have been in my thoughts all day. I'm so so so sorry for your loss. You two have been wonderful parents to Anneliese, and I'm so glad you get to hold her and see her. We are here for you if you need anything at all! <3 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've been a terrible poster these last two weeks (sorry!) but I just wanted to stop by and give @peaseblossom55 a HUGE hug. I've been thinking of you a lot, and the name you chose was beautiful. <3
  • Options
    @audrewuh - You can welcome Mr. Tiger to the QU club... he was done in no time. 

@cocobellaf - We have started doing that, but because of timing and other people joining us on our trip, we decided to come home Sunday. I couldn't see spending a day of vacation on unpacking, so I went right back to work on Monday. Good news is, it's all done now, and I really like not having that hanging over my head, so maybe next time I'll do it as soon as I get home (yeah right.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards