Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding dress redesign

Hi! 

I am hoping to revamp my mom's wedding dress. It's not too bad -- I'd just want to remove sleeves, take out some of the frill, and clean it up a bit. Does anyone know someone in the New Orleans area (I'm willing to travel up to 50 miles) who may be able to help me accomplish this?! 

Thank you so much for your recommendations! 

Re: Wedding dress redesign

• It's so emotional, that you are wearing your mother's wedding dress. You can change it making some changes to it as you want to remove the sleeves on it. I am very happy to reply to this because you are motivating to other brides who really love their mother and wearing mother's dress. I will recommend you to click here and see some good dresses for you, and it will helpful to change your mom's dress for you.
  • I bought and ordered my wedding dress in New York, but am also looking for someone who can do the alterations here in New Orleans. After doing some research, I think I'll check out Vanda - they get amazing reviews! http://www.yelp.com/biz/vanda-new-orleans?osq=Alterations+Wedding+Dress
  • The woman I used came highly recommended by several brides and some wedding planners.  She does it out of her house, and has been doing it for about 14 years I think.  Her name is Elvia and her number is 504-467-0767.  I just picked up my dress on Friday and it is beautiful!  She sewed in some cups for me as well as altered the top, plus the hemmed the bottom (which has a LOT of ruffles). 

Good luck!
  • I used Leslie Walters,504-908-8824, who was one of the ladies recommended by my bridal boutique. She was fabulous, affordable and worked quickly. She works out of her home in Lakeview. She also does costuming and other fabric work for the local movie industry.

I absolutely love her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards