Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Earlier or Later Ceremony Start Time.

I'm torn between when to have my ceremony.

Do any of you ladies have any advice from your own weddings.

If this doesn't make sense let me know and I can try and elaborate a little better :P
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Earlier or Later Ceremony Start Time.

• I think any time is doable as I have been to both a morning and afternoon ceremony. What time is your reception? I had a 2pm ceremony (which ended up starting at 3pm) and a 6pm dinner (5pm cocktails). Because our ceremony started late, it did not finish until 4:15pm (this included the receiving line) so there wasn't a huge gap in between.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_earlier-later-ceremony-start-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f63ce32e-7c79-429c-b79b-97ca9cd758d5Post:c127ddfa-5776-4d01-acdd-b1401054de97">Re: Earlier or Later Ceremony Start Time.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think any time is doable as I have been to both a morning and afternoon ceremony. What time is your reception? I had a 2pm ceremony (which ended up starting at 3pm) and a 6pm dinner (5pm cocktails). Because our ceremony started late, it did not finish until 4:15pm (this included the receiving line) so there wasn't a huge gap in between.
    Posted by mattycam[/QUOTE]

Well its a backyard wedding so i'm going to have like an hour in between from when the ceremony ends and then I come into the reception and whatnot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_earlier-later-ceremony-start-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f63ce32e-7c79-429c-b79b-97ca9cd758d5Post:69d2a513-3dd5-43dc-aa02-7bcf13af849a">Re: Earlier or Later Ceremony Start Time.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Earlier or Later Ceremony Start Time. : Well its a backyard wedding so i'm going to have like an hour in between from when the ceremony ends and then I come into the reception and whatnot.
    Posted by bbyprincesss[/QUOTE]

Oh okay. What kind of meal were you hoping to have at your wedding? brunch? dinner? cake and punch? light refreshments? Knowing that would be a good start on whether you would prefer to have a morning or afternoon ceremony. As well, how are your organization skills? I ask this because I found I ran out of time and I had my ceremony in the afternoon let alone someone getting married in the morning .
  • bbyprincesssbbyprincesss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_earlier-later-ceremony-start-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f63ce32e-7c79-429c-b79b-97ca9cd758d5Post:ab5d0f34-d9a1-4743-add9-7023ca7c75af">Re: Earlier or Later Ceremony Start Time.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Earlier or Later Ceremony Start Time. : Oh okay. What kind of meal were you hoping to have at your wedding? brunch? dinner? cake and punch? light refreshments? Knowing that would be a good start on whether you would prefer to have a morning or afternoon ceremony. As well, how are your organization skills? I ask this because I found I ran out of time and I had my ceremony in the afternoon let alone someone getting married in the morning .
    Posted by mattycam[/QUOTE]

Well thats what got me thinking, I'm trying to keep the costs low, and I let FI pick the caterer, which isn't really going anywhere because he is just indesisive :P. So I was thinking what if I did it in the afternoon, and get a local Deli to cater, I brought this up to him and we've already decided on a Deli if we do go this way.

But if we go with an evening reception I have no idea what I want to do for food. I also figure we could save money on liquor because I can't imagine anyone wanting to get schwasted in the the middle of the day.

I really love the idea of having my reception going into the evening but litterally as I'm typing this I'm thinking of how much I would save on lighting and all that jazz in order to make it awesome in the dark, and noice stuff since its on a lake it echos really bad.

Haha I think I may have just made up my mind :P I was just on the phone with my mom and she was like awh we were kind of excited about doing the lights, so we might still do them, my mom is so silly sometimes :P

But I'll probably start at 1:00 because anything with an AM is just too early
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't have much choice for my wedding---the church said either 10AM or 11AM. We did it at 11AM, but it made it EXTREMELY difficult because it was so early. I almost couldn't get my hair done and ready on time because the hair salon wasn't open that early, but thankfully they helped me with that. We were also supposed to do a whole photo shoot with me and my girls before the ceremony and we had virtually no chance of that happening. The groom and groomsmen were able to, but we didn't have time to do ours too. Instead the time between the ceremony and reception that was supposed to be for just the bride and groom ended up being for bride, groom, and bridesmaids. It really cut down on our bride/groom photo time, which completely sucked.

Go with later in the day!!

• I think 1:00 is the earlist I would push it!  I was in an 11 am wedding in Octoberand we were running around like crazy people!  The bride washed, but never dried or styled her hair and the rest of the family/the groom were setting up the reception until the last second so she was doing her hair as we were chasing her two year old around the house (he didn't want to wear his nice clothes...he won and ended up in jeans). 

Also, it says you are getting  married in months, so October-ish?  If you are getting married in FL that could be find, but in VA it was super cold the morning of the wedding I was in.  Hope this helps!  Be sure to have a rain plan :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • My ceremony was at 2:30, we started at I think 2:50... our paster was so pissed off. he told me when I walked in at 2:20 that I had 5 minutes to get into my dress. He was really rude at our rehearsal and before our wedding. He was a peach at our initial meetings and after the wedding! LOL!

I was late BECAUSE my mom was having a meltdown that she couldn't find her 'bag'. I stll don't know what she was missing. Seriously. We also finally got on the party bus and realized I left my 'something old' on the buffet table in my dining room so we had to go back for that.. Okay, that was like 2 minutes... lol
    Married the love of my life on Friday, December 16, 2011!
  • Our ceremony was at 5pm and I am so thankful for that. I was still working on our second line hankies that morning then headed to the venue around 11 or so. H arranged the reception tables where we wanted them, I spent some time with my sister and then hair and makeup started at 1. Photog started my bridals at 330 and before I knew it, it was ceremony time. I also had an entirely outdoor wedding and loved seeing the transition from sunny to dusk to night. There was some lighting in the courtyard and we added string lights and candles everywhere. It's doable on a budget, but idk what dinner catering prices are in your area, so hard to say.
  • Our ceremony started at 3:30 and it was over just after 4. We did a receiving line, so we ended up leaving the church around 4:30. Our reception started at 6, but the guests had to drive about 20 minutes to get there, so the gap wasn't too noticeable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Definitely late. Ours will start around 5, which is really late, but the afternoon is generally nicer since it works better with dinner time (shorter gap).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • 5 is really late our venue starts weddings at 7pm!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards